Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season

Enlisted

Enlisted is now on permanent leave.

After weeks of negotiations, Yahoo Screen has abandoned talks to produce a second season of beloved-but-little-seen military comedy, which was cancelled by Fox back in May after one season. And, according to sources, there are no other suitors in play.

RELATED 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

Created by Kevin Biegel, the show starred Geoff Stults, Chris Lowell and Parker Young as brothers assigned to rear detachment at the fictional Fort McGee.

1. Katy says:

New it wouldnt last this screamed of pr

2. Eric says:

Well. At least I can officially give up hope now. It’s kind of a relief, though I would have loved to see more episodes of the show.

3. gabe says:

So sad. This show was wonderful.

• Dan says:

It really was. I just finished watching it in the intended order and, man, knowing that it won’t go on anymore sucks…

4. D says:

too bad, was a great show that fox started killing with it’s first episode. it should have been put with Brooklyn 99

5. Christina says:

Noooooo. How upsetting. A hilarious and sweet show that didn’t deserve the treatment it got.

6. Kathy Lininger says:

I really enjoyed this show! Guess they needed more/better publicity. It’s a shame we are losing this creatively acted show.. I will miss you guys & gals. Still I hope for the VERY BEST for you all!

7. torimelching says:

Well at least we have closure. Wish it would have been picked up.

8. c-mo says:

Boo hiss!!!

9. David4 says:

Oh too bad, Fox treated this amazing new show (best new comedy) like crap.

10. Zach says:

The good news is, Kevin Reilly is gone. Hopefully, that means Fox won’t make the same mistake again.

• torimelching says:

It was reported at the time of his “firing” that he wanted to renew Enlisted and Almost Human but the president of FOX said no.

• MelindaB says:

I didn’t see Enlisted, but really enjoyed Almost Human, another show that was killed by airing episodes out of order. Why must FOX be so stupid?

11. mari johnson says:

We enjoyed the show. Networks are certainly making it difficult for viewers to actually commit to watching shows. You hate to get involved and have things canceled.

• MP says:

Very true. I know that I have become much more choosy when deciding what new shows to watch. I have my old favorites and I don’t give too many new show a chance any more because of the quickness of the networks to cancel them.

12. rowan77 says:

I knew it felt like a long shot to begin with, but that show was really fun and I’ll miss it.

13. Drew says:

No! NO! Unacceptable. I demand a recount.

14. JR says:

Couric , and now not picking up Enlisted. Yahoo, sad.

15. Jared says:

Enlisted could have been the best new comedy to emerge from last season but Fox pretty much killed the show before it even aired.

16. Rebecca Parker says:

This is really disappointing news. Enlisted was never given a chance. :(

17. cuius says:

Tough market competing with Bilko and MASH

18. Joey Padron says:

Sad show won’t continue on. It was good, funny, & sweet show. Gonna miss it a lot.

19. Mickey says:

Too sad for words. I cannot understand how such a brilliant, hilarious and heartwarming show could not have been given a fighting chance. If only FOX hadn’t royally screwed it over.

• John says:

Can’t imagine even considering watching anything on Fox again. This really took the cake. Marketed properly, ENLISTED could have been a hit for years (and years) to come. It was the best comedy of 2014, hands down.

20. Jerry says:

Enlisted is a great show in my opinion, and while I understand why it was being cancelled, it truly is one of the precious gems that I will remember in years to come. I still have some episodes on my computer. That series finale is just awesome.

21. Ameer says:

Too bad things didn’t work out. Yahoo should try to get Trophy Wife.

22. Lisa says:

Noooooooooooooooo!

23. meresger says:

Best canceled, under-rated show since Terriers. It had such a great message and heart mixed with humor. I have to concede to missing episodes and having to catch them later on DVR or repeats due to the bad timeslot. I don’t understand why this wasn’t paired with Brooklyn 99, and now I’m worried about B99 in the Sunday slot. After being last in the network ratings, I’d hoped that Fox would have better scheduling for it’s shows this season. Maybe things will get switched around after some get canceled, but hopefully the good shows stay this time!

24. Pat says:

I enjoyed the humor in the show. Sorry to see it is gone…permanently.

25. InsideTrack says:

Enlisted was not very funny to begin with. Politics and scheduling aside, the show would have still crashed and burned. People are out of work, that is the tradegy. The bright side is that fans do have 13 full episodes to watch. Biegel won’t stay idle for long. The next time he should choose better supporting cast members. Most of them paled against Keith and Mort.

26. Jan says:

Finally we get a decent show, and it gets canceled. It was funny, revelent, and it had a moral at the end. Someone just doesn’t know what they are doing. Keep promoting the show. Someone with some smarts will pick it up. There are alot of people that like military shows, without all the sex, talk about sex, and inferences about sex. IT was a great show.