Vampire Diaries Season 6 Teaser: Damon Begs Elena to 'Move On'

One does not simply “move on” after losing a Salvatore — but that’s exactly what Elena will be expected to do when The Vampire Diaries returns for its sixth season.

RELATED Vampire Diaries‘ Ian Somerhalder Tweets First Pic of Damon in Season 6

The CW on Thursday aired its first teaser for the Oct. 2 premiere, which finds both brothers urging the broken-hearted doppelganger to pick herself back up and get on with her life.

“Damon’s gone,” Stefan tells her. “You need to say goodbye, too.” But judging by the fact that Elena is still smelling Damon’s clothes and nomming on innocents, it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen anytime soon. (And is that Luke that Elena is thrusting up against a wall?)

The teaser ends with (a ghostly) Damon and Elena, back at the scene of the Season 5 finale, as he echoes his brother’s sentiments: “Move on.”

But will she? Should she? Hit PLAY on the teaser above, then drop a comment below with your hopes for Season 6.

1. David says:

Dullena is taking over. Someone stake Julie Plec to stop this nonsense

• Dullena says:

i can’t move on from the guy who:

raped my best friend
      raped countless women
      had sex with my mother and then killed her
      killed my brother
      terrorized my friends
      made me his sired slave
      changed my entire personality
      was obsessed with my doppelgänger for like 160 years and when she turned him down he fixated on me
      can’t be my friend if i’m not opening my legs for him.
      blames his entire messed up personality on a woman.
      oh and he’s my ex- boyfriend’s brother

A BOOK WRITTEN BY ELENA GILBERT

• rarefied says:

But… but… TRUE LOVE!!!

• packabellr says:

I’m sure they’ll find a way to bring Damon back again and again like always… They have to let people go for real !

• DAMon says:

Yes they should start killing people for real only after they bring Damon back. They can start by kiling off Caroline or those witch twins!

• Lies says:

LMAO so true, and again we have to watch a delena season this year again. I heard that one of the main three didn’t signed on for a season 7 yet. If paul is smart than he is the one who stops, his character stefan is only there to give damon and elena relationship advice (i thought it was a love triangle) but if stelena isn’t coming back together this season now that damon is out of the picture, than we all know that delena will be the endgame, no hope for stelena. Another year full of delena’s toxic relationship, think i’m going to stop watching if that happens.

• Dmav says:

This has officially made my morning. P.S. I am sure it will be a best seller.

• alex says:

Raped? Seriously? it’s clearly shown on the show that Caroline had sex with Damon without any compulsion, he only compelled her after. And countless women? What scene was that?

• CBWBDK1 says:

She can’t stop! She’s obsessed with Damon!!

2. Dmav says:

Sooo, nothing has changed it is the Delena Diaries. Wow, I can’t wait….said no one ever.

3. An says:

Love it! I’m so excited.

4. mariangela says:

The delena show! I like the couple but sometimes they go soap opera style! For the sake of the series I hope this season be the last!!!

• Isobel says:

Agree the contracts are ending and I hope the rumours about Nina and Ian not wanting to go beyond 6 seasons are true because the show is getting tired

• Dude says:

Julie Plec said the show might go on without them which would be even worse.

• Jj says:

I would totally watch without Elena. Not so sure about without Damon. Damon and Stefan without Elena works just fine for me!

• Dmac says:

According to The Hollywood Reporter their is only one holdout among the three. PW was promised more directing opportunities, Njna was never apparently a holdout, so from what they heard Ian is the one. It seems Ian is over the direction his character has taken. Ian has never
        Been fond of love struck Damon and now he has leverage. It was pretty apparent at Comic Con he and Nina had basically kept away from each other the whole time. It seems they didn’t even try the “we are still friends” line this year.

5. Hodan says:

I loved it! I can’t wait to watch the show.

6. Dullena says:

Not interested in another season of The Delena fan service Diaries. Barf

7. AnnieM says:

I HATE DELENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now I feel a little better. At least I have Alaric to look forward to. Though we wouldn’t know it from that promo.

• lorna says:

I think alaric is why I’ll be tuning in. He’ll bring some much needed fresh life to this once incredible show. Still hoping for Stelena by the end of series. Dreading Steroline, does she really have to sleep with everyone?

• Dmav says:

Apparently, Stefan makes a cameo this season and after that it is all Delena all the time. I am sure the ratings will soar with another season focusing on the golden couples undying love for each other. TVD doesn’t need anyone else the Delena. *sigh*

8. RME says:

One does not move on after losing a Salvatore… Unless it’s Stefan. Then one turns around and within 24 hours has slept with his brother.
    Ugh. At least knowing the show is going to continue sacrificing all other characters, growth, and quality on the altar of Delena makes it easy to move on.

9. lorna says:

I hope luke and liv go away soon. Worst tvd characters, and that includes april and kol.

10. Luli says:

Can they just move on with the whole Delena thing….. Get him a new girl, get her a new guy… or don’t, either way I’m sick of them. I don’t even want Stelena anymore, Stefan deserves better.

11. Ali says:

I can’t believe that, instead of promoting something that used to be this show’s biggest draw (compelling storylines! quick pacing! strong characters!), they’re stuck on ‘ships. Unless they have nothing else to offer, which honestly wouldn’t surprised me after the last two seasons. In that case, the cancellation bear is patiently waiting.

• Dmac says:

when your head writer: Caroline Dries, heres looking at you, is obsessed with a actor/character: hello Damon, than anything other than fan service is out the window. Lets face it this is a women who squeled on twitter becasue she is writing a script with a Damon pen. There is no hope…

12. Fazi says:

I don’t like TVD anymore!

13. Lisa kay says:

I so can’t wait til this season. Please bring Damon back.. I think I Bonnie will end up figuring something out she always does..;) can’t wait ..I love this show..my fave since Buffy vampire slayer seasons.. Whoop whoop..keep it up ..so can’t wait

14. veepster says:

Lord that couldn´t have looked any worse! Count me out

15. Lol, this promo is a joke, oh well..Delena is a joke. Stop this madness Julie Plec

16. Nandin says:

That was so heartbreaking! Damon needs to get back to Elena ASAP! She can’t move on from the love of her life! She won’t!

• Dmav says:

“The love of her life” LOL Seasons 1-3 that was Stefan and within a 24 hour period she decided Damon was the love of her life. Elena will most definitely move on and find another LOHL very soon because that is what she does… my bet is on Alaric.

• Doll says:

Julie and Ian tweeted #Delenarainkiss so here’s hoping Damon will be back and this epic love can carry on

• Dmac says:

Holy Hell, I am out of here.. If they are relying on twitter fans for their ratings they are going down a rabbit hole, it didn’t help them when they were trending number 1. Last years ratings were awful and I fear if they keep up this awful Delena mess she won’t have to worry about who is coming back for season 7.

17. alex says:

What’s with all the Delena hate on here? I for one love the couple and am hoping to see more of them in season 6. Which is not to say I’m not hoping for some quality action and suspense.

• scout says:

Ok, everyone will take that into consideration. I’m pretty sure there are some characters on that show who rub you the wrong way.

• Dmav says:

Hmm, let’s see:
      Boring
      Toxic
      Changed each other for the worst
      Doesn’t care about anyone else but each other: not their family or friends just each other
      Repetitive
      Boring
      And let’s face it Boring.

• phuong says:

I love your commment I used to watch TVD regularly but now everything is about Delena and it is soooooooo annoying!!!! I will never get over how Elena after just 24 hours after breaking up with Stefan sleeps with Damon who does that. After this promo I will stick to what I did last season stick to Youtube clips

• alex says:

Sorry, can’t agree with you there. Not only do I find the couple exciting, but I think they’ve changed each other for better. I never used to like Elena before season 5. She used to be so judgmental and plain boring. The repetitive part – true, there was too much poorly executed angst in season 5, but then again, there had been so much needless angst between Elena and Stefan in seasons 1-2, not to mention Caroline and Tyler. That’s just the nature of the show.

• Delenaaa says:

yes someone who feels me, pre-vamp Elena was so perfect to the point of boring. she never pushed any boundaries and tbh the interesting bits about elena before she was a vampire were her interractions with damon. seeing damon battle his horrible nature for elena and seeing elena go against everything she believes in for damon, now thats relatable and a tv show i will watch. i love stefan but she shud be with caroline

• Dmav says:

I know right and when Damon killed Aaron that completely wasn’t his fault he was upset that Elena didn’t want to be with him. Sure he threaten to kill Jeremy and torture him but come on he and Elena were fighting. They bring out the best in each other that is what true epic love is all about. Oh my God do you think they will rain kiss this season. **squeal**

• Julie P says:

Yeah and the fact that Stefan has killed thousands of people does not count right, only Damon’s faults are magnified. Holy hell Stefaners are hypocritical. No one is pure on this show. Stefan had his chance with Elena now its Damon’s turn. Its no secret who damon is and Elena knows who Damon is and wants him with all his faults.
            I’m happy the promo has shown that Stef is moving on with his life but Elena is not accepting damon’s death.

• Bibi Cee says:

I think they should bring Lexi back for Stephan…

18. DELENA says:

Wow Stefan, already giving up on your brother when he died only trying to bring you back !! Hope this season is all about Delena again, I’m so looking forward to seeing Elena try to move heaven and earth to bring Damon back and hopefully Stefan will have the decency to stay away from the woman who rejected him not just once but countless times. Stelena is dead and buried and it should stay that way

• annalise says:

I always wonder why Stelena fans still hope for this ship when Elena has rejected him alot of times and kissed Damon beofre she was even a vampire. If she went back to Stefan would that not be making stefan her door mat.

• Dmav says:

Actually I don’t know think there is many Stelena’s any more. We would rather not see him with the soul sucking Elena. Just because we don’t like Delena means we are hoping for a reunion with Stefan. We detest Delena because they are awful people who are ungodly mind numbing as a couple. The show has tanked since they have become a couple.

• Stelen says:

Speak for yourself, Stelena fandom is just as strong as Delena. Elena deserves to be with stefan

• Dmac says:

I didn’t say there were none, I said that I didn’t think there were as many anymore. I am team Stefan and from a lot of the comments here and other sites that seems to be the trend. Of course there is Stelana’s and more power to you, I just think Stefan is too good for Elena.

• Stelen says:

I doubt Stefan wil ever be really happy with anyone other than Elena, thats why I’m dreading all that Caroline mess. And the show started off with Stefan and Elena as focal point and changing that will be messing with the balance of power. Clearly the writers are interested in Elena being focus to the show so making Stefan be in love with someone else will make stefan a supporting actor and another side couple just like another matt or tyler . so wrong

• Dmac says:

And Damon looks desperate for going after his brothers girl so what is the point.

• phuong says:

I used to be a Stelena fan but now all I want is for Stefan to find someone that only loves him He deserves better

• lizz says:

that is so wrong to say that. Stefan is the only guy in this entire show that has gone true hell for his brother. So let him move on and have his own life. he deserves it after 5 seasons of pain. And we all know that he loves damon more than everything even more than Elena, he proved it over and over again. And he also has the decency to stay away from elena, he already proved that too in season 5, unlike his brother;). so don’t worry about stelena, it will still be the delena diaries till the end… sadly.

• Dmac says:

And Damon only cares about the love of his life Elena…except the 160 years he was pining, chasing and it stalking Katherine. LOL. I am getting so tired of a decent Stefan, I want no memory Stefan back who had no problem telling Dekena what he thought of them. I don’t think I can take another season on cheerleader Stefan he deserves more than that crap writing.

• Dmav says:

Ah yes now that will make a great show 21 episodes of Elena sobbing for Damon and Damon telling her to move on. Can Not Wait!!! It will be sooo epic. I hope Stefan doesn’t ruin everything because EVERYONE knows that Delena are soul mates and Stefan needs to just go away. It is not like Elena ever loved him, oh wait…

• Letti says:

Dmav, you’re hillarious !!! But seriously I agree with you on all your comments. And go sarcasm xD

• alex says:

Season 3 was basically 22 episodes of Elena sobbing for Stefan, so what’s your point? Beyond apparent Delena hate ;)

• Delenaaa says:

Hell yeah, we are owed another 22 episodes of Delena toxic or otherwise. Stelena bored the sh*t out of us for 3 seasons especially in season 3. i can see there is hope since delenarainkiss might be happening.

• Dmav says:

Delenarainkiss… Yes please let the twitter fanatics run your show. Everyone has sooo been waiting for that for like forever. It will be so epic and than maybe Dullena can get married. It doesn’t matter if only 12 people are watching anymore we have a rain kiss people.

• Julie P says:

delena fans can be really something else smh, the show needs more depth than just delena. We need more interesting plotlines for all the other characters. I’m excited about enzo,ric and tyler plots. I loved damon since season 1 till now but having a whole season of delena only would just derail the whole show. they are on thin ice already. Honestly how can you be ok with only 12 people watching the show as long as you have your rain kiss, what is the rain kiss anyway?
            And i love stefan but if stelena get together again that will really cheapen Stef’s character, as he’s kinda the moral center of the show. He accepted defeat like a man in S5 and it should stay that way.

• alex says:

Lol, do you have a personal vendetta against Delena or what?

• Dmac says:

Nope, i don’t have a personal vendetta against Delena. I have a personal vendetta against lazy story telling and character assassination. Damon has turned into a soap opera character and Elena a mindless idiot who only cares about Damon. Damon killing the Wetmore line no big deal, had a fight with her so he kills Aaron it was understandable and he just slipped up. Tortured and threatened to kill her brother…whatever. She barely remembers she has friends and that is when she needs them for something. Sleeps with Damon the day after she and Stefan break up, you know Stefan his brother. It’s Stefan though he will understand, because she deserves to be happy. The whole world revolves around Elena being happy.

• Letti says:

I’ve always thought Stelena was true love, and still my favourite was Damon. Now I hate Damon with or without Elena, Delena seriously murdered his character. Now even his jokes are only about sexing Elena. And for myself, I think I’m a Stelena fan because I loved watching them and I still miss their cuteness. That was a healthy relationship I would want for myself. But I don’t think they can be fixed anymore that Elena is such a bitch. I just hope for a happy ending for Stefan.

• Dmav says:

I know right, Stefan is sooo annoying. I mean who cares that Damon basically stalked his brothers girl the first three season. Their love is epic and Stefan just got in the way. How selfish is he??? Doesn’t he understand Delana are soul mates.

• alex says:

You mean outside of the part where he told her it was Stefan who deserved her and not him, and basically tried to get them back together, and then it was Elena who pursued him? Yeah, totally stalked her.

• Dmac says:

Nooo, I was talking about Damon stalking her season 1 thru 3. I agree she was stalking him season 4 & 5. It was cringe inducing. I am getting tired of Elena sobbing and Damon with tears in his eyes professing his undying love to little snowflake. Elena was the only women he ever loved…besides that 160 years that he loved and searched for Katherine, he really means it this time.

• Dmac says:

And Elena basically rejected Damon for three seasons and yet Damon didn’t let up…on the girl…who was with his brother. Don’t get me wrong Stefan needs to stay away from her not because he should but because he is better than her and he deserves more.

19. Lo says:

I can’t deal with this anymore. I’m not a shipper and last season was already painful enough. I’ll stick to The Originals. TVD, you and I need a break… Call me when you grow up.

20. Yolanda says:

aww Damon, Elena can never move on. Their love is Epic and she’ll never find such chemistry with anyone again. counting down the days

21. Letti says:

Wow this is awful… Glad I stopped watching last year. Katherine was the last cool thing on TVD andI just hate Dullena. At least The Originals is still cool. It’s more than fan servive and soap opera.

22. annalise says:

Hope this new season has more intriguing storylines, Season 5 was unbearable, the only good thing about s5 was DELENA of course but even Delena with their on and off drama it got tiring.
    We need a drama free Delena this season

• Dmac says:

Drama free?? Not bloody likely, didn’t you read Caroline Dries interview ” they haven’t forgotten the triangle” I about choked, we may be on opposite sides, but we both agree Stefan should not go back with Elena. You because you Delena *shudder* and me because I think Elena is a soul sucking succubus that ruins the lives of the men she is connected too: Stefan, Jeremy, Alaric, Matt and now Damon. Poor Damon lost his snark and has become a character out of a soap opera. Ugh!

23. DAMon says:

DELENAAAAAAA rules! Elena get you man back and Delena haters stay away if you cannot handle the heat!

• Dmac says:

Yes, of course because Delena is the show…what was I thinking. You are so right, everyone who dislikes them should watch something else. The problem with that is their ratings have been sliding off in the abyss since they have paired the golden couple and they can’t afford to lose anymore viewers. Handle the heat??? Really, how old are you?

• mamadee says:

who says they cant afford to lose anymore viewers, this is CW, they are a low ratings network anyway. season 7 is already in the books for tvd with their low ratings. if you find yoself asking how old someone is for shipping delena then you are obviously too old for this platform.

• alex says:

The ratings dropped because the storylines were crap, blaming it on the pairings is just silly. It doesn’t matter who they pair up with who this season, if they don’t introduce engaging plots, the ratings will drop even more.

• Dmac says:

Actually you can, if you track the ratings they have steadily gone down from day 1 of the epic Delena Romance. You are right they need engaging plots, but at this point they are only interested in fan servicing the Delena’s . I’m sorry but I would rather not sit through a season of Elena sobbing and searching for Damon. Usually your season promos are suppose to excite you for the upcoming season. This promo does nothing for anyone not on the Damon/Elena are epic side of the fence.

24. sara says:

Wow I love the show if you want blood n Gore watch true blood. This show is about love and all you guys that can’t cope with it move on!!! I love delena and hope they bring them back!!

25. Doll says:

I dont understand why people are saying its the Delena show etc, was it not full on STelena romance soap in S1 & 2..the premise has not changed, what has changed is the characters of the main couple, Delena instead of Stelena.

• Letti says:

I don’t agree with you. Yeah, the first 3 seasons had Stelena, but Damon was pretty much involved in the game, but even more important is that every other main character had important storylines, they were likeable and had character growth. And aside from the shipping drama there were cool storylines and mythology. Now the main storyline is Delena getting together-breaking up again and again, while no other character (including Stefan) is important anymore. And I think that most of them are not even likeable now. For those who are not keen on Delena there’s really not much to look for. As I said previously, I’m glad I stopped watching some episodes before the end, but it’s still said to see and read the terrible direction.

• Fran says:

See I completely disagree. I think the premise HAS changed. Elena and Stefan were the main couple as far as the romance goes in seasons 1 and 2… But it was never just about that. Elena actually had a life outside of Stefan. She cared about her friends and her brother… now literally all she cares about is Damon. Its not fun to watch an obsessive co-dependent relationship. Not to mention the fact that the other characters actually had storylines of their own. Now every character on the show is just a pawn in the Damon and Elena angst. Its a shame that the show has changed so much.

• alex says:

All she cares about is Damon? All the countless scenes with her caring about other people are what – fillers? And how exactly is their relationship obsessive co-dependant?

• Dmac says:

Did you even watch last season. She had no idea Bonnie and Stefan were missing, Jeremy was having problems in school and all she could think of was having sex with Damon, her brother moves out because he can’t stand their relationship and Elena barely blinked. She requested Stefan get better because she didn’t want to feel bad about her summer of fun. She barely acknowledge. Stefan had died and I still don’t think she knows Bonnie is dead. When Aaron was killed by Damon she was glad because it wasn’t her that did it. Does any of this sound remotely like someone who is caring?

26. Jake says:

Someone please please cancel this crap fest. The only reason it has lasted so long is because, 1. It is on the CW and 2. It’s a tween fest. It certainly isn’t for the ridiculous, emotionless, can’t act their way out of hell cast.

27. Tom says:

It really used to be a good show. I remember watching season 1 while I was living in Switzerland. I still watch, but it lacks the edge it used to have. At least Alaric is back

28. Rain says:

I can‘t think, omg i never ever think elena without damon. their love is the true love. So pls julieplec dont leave us without damon. I can‘t stop thinking of him. The salvatore brothers are the main chars of tvd. If damon gone 4ever im not watching tvd anymore. I love you Ian x

29. nikki says:

Ugh! I can’t stand the Damon and Elena pairing or any scenes that they have together period. We have had to deal with this for FIVE YEARS (well you all did, I stopped watching after 3). Let’s ALL move on. I am ready for Bamon love and endgame! We have waited long enough.

30. Eugen says:

#Delenatogetheragain ,cant wait

31. KimKardash says:

I can watch delena al day eryday, countdown begins

32. downunder says:

Honestly I still watch the show in the hopes that Stefan gets the girl….

33. downunder says:

Hopefully Season 6 gets back to its origins and y we fell in love TVD in the first place.

34. lynette says:

makes me sick to my stomach.

35. Meg says:

TVD Season 6 all about Elena and Damon, love it!

36. Meg says:

Stefan stay away from elena, hope this season he wont be following her around like a puppy dog. Bring Delena back

37. mamadee says:

i love this promo. no story is more important than bringing Damon back

• mamadee says:

I know right, i love all things Delena

• packabellr says:

Sometimes, I have the feeling that Delena’s fans aren’t reasonable, what about the over characters ?

• Dmac says:

Or they post the same thing over and over again to make the Delena seem more popular than they really are. Sometimes they change their names: heres to you meg and mamdee, but it basically all the same stuff. Damon is the only character that matters, Delena is epic, they are soulmates etc. etc. Too bad their obsession with the golden couple would help the ratings.

• alex says:

Actually, whether you like Delena or not, Damon is – or at least used to be – one of the main draws in the series. He had the absolutely best one liners and especially around his interactions with Stefan I often had to pause the video to laugh out loud. Unfortunately, in later season he lost his edge, and after the removal of Klaus there just hasn’t been enough badassness on the show. Silas was fun, but not enough. And Katherine dead? Bad move. The need a new endearing villain.

• Ali says:

Damon used to be fantastic. He was a truly ambiguous character, with a screwed-up sense of morality, strange loyalty, and a dry wit. Now, he can’t sneeze without the writers explaining to us in detail why all the bacteria are beneficial for the community, how he really wanted to improve the society, how he contracted the disease just for us (the martyr!), because he saw the bigger picture. In other words, from a complex guy, they turned him into a doormat.

• Dmac says:

The whole point of Damon season 1-3 was that he owned who he was, he liked being a vampire and no apologies needed. Now his main concern no only concern is that Elena loves him. He had turned into a petulant childlike lapdog that kills when he thinks Elena is mad at him. The fact that he has spent season 4 & 5 with his eyes tearing up or his lip quivering is maddening. There is no big bad just the epic love of Delena. It is just wrong.

• alex says:

There was no way to keep Damon as badass as he was Season 1. He had to change, that was inevitable. The problem is not that he has changed, only that they haven’t introduced anybody in his place, at least post-Klaus. This show was dependent on moral ambiguity and now it’s dependent on craptastic storylines that make NO sense. My point is Damon’s character, or Delena, is not to blame. The crappy writing is.

• mamadee says:

and to you too Dmac/ Dmav

• Dmac says:

That is hilarious I didn’t even notice the V instead of C. Thank you it is changed now. No hiding for me, I stand by my opinions.

• tiana says:

I wonder why we even bother with delena fans. Its different people writing these comments because all these delena fans have the same generic argument, epic, chemistry, sex, true love. you should see them on twitter and tvd blogs, its like they are manufactured in one factory. dont know if they watched season 1 to 3.

38. packabellr says:

I’m still wondering what if Damon (who’s the BROTHER of Stefan) never had the idea to date his BROTHER’s ex ?!

39. kathrine says:

really!!!!delena i got ur back
    there should be a way for damon to come back
    if not im onna miss him and his funny comments

40. tiana says:

Delena runs the show now, how sad

41. brooke says:

OMGGGG!!! please keep damon dead! Hopefully elena moves on and finds love with stephan again! Ive never been so drawn to the show since ive seen the love they share ! As quoted by elena ( season 5 ) ” i will always love you too stephan ” like omg ! You cant keep them apart T.V. please keep them together during season 6!

42. Maria Richardson says:

I’m hoping that she dose not move on and that he comes back for her love them two together can not wait for new to air

43. KC says:

I like the Salvatore brothers, Elena can leave the show (in my oppinion) because she just gets the same storylines that the brothers, but they just make them worse for her.. And Elena is really just in the show to be with Damon.. I rather see a season 7 with Salvatore brothers. But that side is a totally different conversation. What I was gonna say is that if I was Nina or Ian, I would´t want to be in a relationship on screen when the on off screen ended (first in a good way, now the bad way). But it´s also their job.. they would have been well aware of that before they started to date – if we break up we will still have to be aa couple on VD/the show. So.. yeah.. confusion.