Ratings: SYTYCD Slips to New Low, Extant Steady, Taxi Brooklyn Dips

Extant Ratings

“Why is this laundromat so loud?!”

Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance this Wednesday night drew 3.45 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating (per finals), dipping to series lows on both counts.

CBS’ Big Brother (6.6 mil/2.3) led the night in the demo, rising two tenths week-to-week. The double-pump of Extant averaged 5.6 mil/1.0, on par with the show’s previous outing and improving on the most recent Criminal Minds repeat at 9 pm.

RELATED SYTYCD Top 6 Recap: It’s Gonna Be a Bride, Sunshiney Day

Elsewhere:

NBC | America’s Got Talent (9.4 mil/1.9) matched last week’s series low, yet led the night in viewers. Taxi Brooklyn (4.6 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth.

ABC | Motive (3.8 mil/0.8) rose a tenth in the demo.

THE CW | Penn & Teller: Fool Us (1.7 mil/0.5) was flat.

1. Coal says:

Any news on renewal/cancellation of Taxi Brooklyn ?

2. Terry says:

I’m really going to miss So You Think You Can Dance.

• GoGo98102 says:

I feel the reason for SYTYCD’s decline is not so much about the dancers. They always have phenomenal dancers on the show. It’s the steady decline of routine quality. Any choreographer who is famous or famous after the show already left for bigger and better things.

3. Ann says:

This is the worst season of America’s Got Talent. I’ve seen all the acts and there are none that jump out at me as something I’d go see. That, plus they are on at a later time this season is probably the reason for the low ratings this year.

• Emma says:

True that. Where I live it’s on from 10pm to midnight! Who the bleep can stay up until midnight on a school/work night?! I just can’t understand why they would air a supposedly family show so late. But judging from your other comment, I’m not missing out on anything great this season, so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

4. Katherine215 says:

I’m obviously one of the only ones watching it, but I adore Motive. The partnership between Flynn and Vega is just so great, and I really like the team dynamic. Oscar’s obviously in love with Angie, and I think he’s incredibly sweet to her. Surprising her with her son’s return because he thought she needed it was just the epitome of how he treats her.

5. ninalouise says:

I really love SYTYCD but i have to mute Mary & the 3rd judge adds nothing.

6. chr says:

Taxi Brooklyn is the WORST show I havve tried to watch in a long time….from the pathetic acting to even worse writing. Don’t understand how well written shows are cancelled while this sorry excuse for entertainment is given air time!

7. chr says:

AGT actually has some unique talent this year, but what is dragging the show down is the excessive amount of time given to the judges….what, we really want to watch THEM instead of the talent??