Exclusive

Nashville's Rayna and Juliette Face the Future in New Season 3 Poster

Nashville_s3_keyart_tease

It’s not often that Nashville‘s Rayna Jaymes and Juliette Barnes agree on much of anything. So we’re taking the fact that they’re at least gazing in the same direction in a new poster as a good omen for the show’s upcoming third season.

RELATED DWTS Vet Derek Hough Joins Nashville Season 3 for Multi-Episode Arc

Below, get your first look at series leads Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere, shown in profile on the drama’s Season 3 poster. Will upcoming episodes find the Highway 65 artists working together in a true partnership? Or are we witnessing merely a brief moment of peace before Juliette’s next diva fit?

Nashville returns to ABC on Wednesday, Sept. 24 at 10/9c. In the meantime, hit the comments with your thoughts on the art and predictions about the upcoming season!

Nashville Season 3 Key Art Poster Hayden Panettiere Connie Britton

1. John says:

Although both characters are facing right the aren’t really gazing the same direction. Rayna is looking slightly toward the readers and Juliette isn’t. If it means anything I assume they will work together and still not see eye to eye.

2. Iakovos says:

I hope these fine actresses and characters are looking at producers and hearing good news that NASHVILLE plans to trim the cast and build more suspense in the storytelling. And that the music and performance still will be a big focus.

3. Boiler says:

Great art! I agree with earlier poster I would like to see them trim the cast but doesn’t look good. Still love the show

4. jason dhom says:

I can’t wait to see what happens…..I love every character on the show..

5. Shira says:

Reblogged this on Nashville Season 3 and commented:
    Rayna and Juliette on a journey, looking ahead with clear eyes (and hopefully full hearts). No longer two women fighting to stay on top in a men’s world like in season 1 or exploring the field like in season 2. No, now it’s their world and they are even on the same side.
    Not many TV show dare to put only their female leading characters at the front like this, but Nashville is not like any other show and despite having a great ensemble and despite the beautiful love stories, even in season 3 Nashville remind us that it’s first and foremost a show about two women on a journey.
    We are certainly in for the ride. September 24, HERE WE COME!!

6. shar says:

I can’t wait for this show to start back. Love this show so much. Rayna and Deacon, Juliette and Avery, Gunnar and Scarlett. Need I say more.

7. lisa says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the show! Music, characters and live tweeting make it the best!! Hurry up September!!!

8. Whatevah says:

The most interesting couple on the show.

9. Ally Oop says:

I’d rather Rayna remain as a mentor/ mother figure to Juliette, especially if Juliette is gonna be having a baby. To me those are the best scenes on the show

• Amy in KC says:

I agree. My first thought from the poster was that it almost looks as if Rayna is holding/supporting Juliette from behind, “having her back” in the way that Juliette once claimed she didn’t…it looks like a very motherly pose to me. Juliette is probably my favorite character now (and I hated her throughout most of season 1), and I agree that the Rayna/Juliette scenes where they are getting along or at least not fighting are the best. I’m ready for them to truly form an alliance and have each other’s backs when they each face different challenges.

10. JR says:

Please send Jonathan Jackson back to General Hospital as Lucky Spencer!

11. adrac1 says:

There wont be peace for a longer period of time among them. Juliette love to destroy something/somebody from time to time. And Rayna is just a peacemaker.

12. Diane Wright says:

Great poster I am sure the girls will
    have their ups and downs in season 3
    The music is geat!

13. Char Rogers says:

Love this show, wished it was on daily , You are all awesome , I have been to Nashville , will be coming back soon hope to meet ya’ll , even got to stand on your stage , what an honor , where so many have stood , keep Country coming , Thanks for keeping us Country fans lives full of happiness

14. cbennett49 says:

Two beautiful women. I love this sjow!!

15. Nancy Summers says:

I’d love to see Juliette stay with Avery. I hope her pregnancy is not a result of her one night stand with what’s his name record executive. I’d lovee to see Rayna choose Deacon. Just don’t lose the quality and believability of the show.

16. Amy H says:

I really hope we’re going to see Rayna and Deacon together this season. Not sure all these new characters bode well for that outcome. The Juliette pregnancy alone will be cause for more than enough drama and angst this season. Overall great music. Great cast.

17. patty says:

I love it..I love everyone in show and the music of it wasn’t for you guys there wouldn’t be NASHVILLE!! Love you all. can’t wait for yous to come back on..Deacon love you!!<3

18. lisa seippel says:

I just love nashville and all the people in it, its an amazing show that I never want to be over, the most beautiful women and handsome men cant wait till September I think that once again deacon and rayna will be together, or at least I hope so juliette will have a baby I dont think scarlette will leave for long

19. I would like to see more character development, And not just up one week, down the next. Not characters being close and the next episode they’re at war. It isn’t realistic and it gets frustrating to the viewer. I do hope writers listen! Rayna and Deacon would be great rocks upon which to develop the series. TOGETHER. It is too long playing with the viewers…they’re together, they’re apart…blah. blah. Keep them together and show the strength of their union, show the nuances of character and how they connect with others in the cast. And get rid of obnoxious characters like Will or his wife! Both are over-the-top. And Luke is better singing than acting…and no chemistry with Rayna. Deacon and Rayna together or Nashville will lose its viewers’ patience very very soon!!! LISTEN UP NASHVILLE WRITERS!!!

20. Catherine says:

Hope Deacon and Rayna get together. Juliette will get pregnant by Jeff. Ugh.

21. Rosy says:

Still waiting for Rayna & Deacon….sigh

22. Celeste says:

Can’t hardly wait for”Nashville” this season! Love the music, the tangled storyline, and the acting. Please tell us when it returns!

23. Tami gadd says:

Hurry up we live for and love the actors and actresses they just fit each other …To who ever writes the show I love your mind Nashville is killer

24. Tami gadd says:

I love the poster to me it’s like Juliet is ready to make Connie proud and Connie is ready to guide and help her move in a mothers way

25. Margaret Conley says:

Just finished watching new season of Nashville. Not happy wanted Deacon and Rayna together. Like Luke but not with Rayna Waited all summer for Deacon and Rayna. What a big disappointment ! Done watching. So heartsick ugh!

26. Margaret Conley says: