Finding Carter Renewed for Season 2

finding-carter-hug

MTV is taking Finding Carter under its wing.

The cable net has renewed the freshman coming of age drama for a 12-episode second season, TVLine has learned.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Since premiering in early July, the series has averaged 2.2 million viewers (L+3). It also ranks as the No. 1 new cable show among 12-34 year-olds and teens.

“The creative minds behind Finding Carter did an exceptional job bringing this story to life and drawing our audience in,” said President of MTV Programming, Susanne Daniels, in a statement. “I’m looking forward to another season following Carter on her journey.”

1. johnhelvete says:

The latest episode was the best episode since the premiere and the show has done a good job of showing both sides of characters (good and bad).

• bar says:

I agreed. You normally only get to see multiple sides of characters in “teen” shows after several seasons, so this has been super refreshing. Excited for the renewal!

• That was actually my least favorite; too much of the family being manipulated from within. I’m looking forward to the next episode, where Carters wrath will know no end; she’s been lied to by everybody and David has manipulated everything (possibly a lot more than we know), so David deserves all that is coming to him.

2. Dude says:

Poor Kathryn Prescott is stuck on this abysmal series.

• nate says:

and yet this “abysmal” series just got renewed…OH NO IT MUST BE GOOD

• Hannah says:

Stuck in a steady job feeling creatively fulfilled, a lot of people wish they were that stuck.

• Lena says:

Carter is your typical teen age cliche and the show does a terrible job of telling the story of a family dealing with a kidnapped child’s return. The fact that the kidnapper is based on the EP and her relationship with her daughter should send up red flags. They are busy trying to make Lori sympathetic when she shouldn’t be.

3. Love love this show. The characters are incredibly likable and it takes a high concept and creates very real-feeling moments with it. Excited to see how this season ends.

4. Daisy says:

This is pretty good news. I didn’t mean to like this show but it’s been really well done.

5. Annie says:

I think this show is really well done. So often TV shows come up with a GREAT premise, only to fail at the execution. Finding Carter succeeds at both. And I’m WAAY out of the demographic for this show. The fact that I watch MTV at all is a surprise to me.

• As an AARP member, I’m also way, way outside this show’s demo, but I like it very much. But, I liked the initial episodes of Awkward, until it turned into predictable teen fare. Otherwise, I haven’t watched MTV in decades. I hope the Finding Carter writers don’t fall into the same-old ‘senior prom’ or ‘text message disaster’ or other not-this-again story lines. So far, so good.

• Ally Oop says:

I’m 31 and though I loathe everything else on MTV I really like both Finding Carter and Teen Wolf. Im also a fan of several shows on both CW and ABC Family and am still watching Degrassi. There’s just something about the shows that keep me interested.

6. ggny says:

The Crash centric episode really derailed the show it was really bad and cliche but the last episode was really good and the previews looks insane so hopefully they can keep it going

7. ggny says:

Also the next news needs to be that Max character has been upgraded to a series regular. Although im like 75% sure he will be the one that gets shot

8. Mike R. says:

This show is the definition of hit and miss the crash episode was the worst episode by far, but the latest episode was great, probably highlighted by the fact that Taylor is one of the best characters. Get rid of a few characters ( Crash, Gabe) and this show could be improved immensely do unhappy about a season 2.

• johnhelvete says:

The writers did spend way too much time with the Crash character in episode 6, which made that episode the weakest of the season for me. Getting rid of Crash would be a good start, Gabe at least is a longtime friend of Taylor’s and son of Elizabeth’s partner (in more ways that one). I would get rid of Bird before Gabe. Taylor and Carter’s relationship (sisters, twins) is probably the key relationship on the show, which is why episode 7 was almost a perfect episode.

• ggny says:

I agree Bird and Crash have to go. Crash really derailed the whole series. Carter was a strong character but in 1 episode that all goes away she falls in love with a guy she has known for 1 day and just had sex with her friend. The show should focus more on Carter and Taylor’s relationship

• johnhelvete says:

I can see why the writers waited until episode 7 to have the big Carter/Taylor episode, the relationship is more complicated than the Carter/Grant relationship. Carter and Grant bonded almost immediately due to their common outsider status within the house, but Carter/Taylor was more of a gradual thing. I get that Carter would be attracted to bad boys but it is not encouraging that Crash appears to be staying on the show.

9. Nick says:

I’m a 25 year old male, but I love this show!

10. Nick says:

Alexis Denisof is my favorite part of this show. Hands down.

11. Diz says:

Good for those that have stuck with it. I dumped it from the DVR after watching about 4 episodes.

12. Joey Padron says:

Happy show got renewed for season 2.

13. Horray! I love Finding Carter.

14. I really wasn’t sure about this show at first- but now I’m anxious for Tuesday to come. I couldn’t stand Elizabeth at first and thought she was so terrible for sleeping with “her Latin lap dog” and I loved David. But now I like Elizabeth better. David really surprised me when he manipulated Carter into letting him write the book- that he already wrote. I love Max- and I’ve read several spoilers naming him the one who gets shot. Something about Crash going off the rails which I think is ridiculous. I liked them together. They each needed something that the other could give.

15. Amber says:

im pretty sure max isnt going to be the one who got shot because he was sitting up and looked fine but the other person was laying down dieing. Im thinking that someone that he was working with sees them talking and threatens to call the police and gets shot and max just gets covered in the blood trying to help them.

16. Melissa s says:

Amazing.just love love love this show!

17. dashia danielle says:

I love finding Carter It Is Like The Best Show On Tv Right I Be Lookin Forward To watching It Every Tuesday…a The Last Episode Of Season Was awesome Almost Cried But Awesome…anyway I Am Lookin Forward To The Next Season Ohhh Cant Wait

18. dashia danielle says:

I love Finding Carter It Is Like Tge Best Show On Tv Right Now. I Ne Lookin Forward to Watchin This Every Tuesday Btw The Last Episode Was awesone almost Cried but Awesome…cant wait until the next seasob gonna be awesome

19. dante123 says:

this show is good ,but when is it comming back ?……