Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts FNL's Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird

Agents of SHIELD Palicki Mockingbird

Adrianne Palicki is set to play a wondrous woman on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

RELATED Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Scoop: Kyle MacLachlan to Play [Huge Spoiler]

The Friday Night Lights alumna (and onetime would-be Diana Prince) has been cast on the ABC series as Barbara “Bobbi” Morse aka the costumed operative Mockingbird, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

Palicki will make her debut in Season 2’s fifth episode, with the option to return.

RELATED Can TV’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Not Rebuild Until the May 2015 Avengers Sequel?

Since bidding Dillon adieu, Palick’s TV credits include El Rey’s From Dusk Til Dawn, About a Boy and a recent lesson in Drunk History.

The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continue their mission on Tuesday, Sept. 23, now airing at 9/8c.

1. Wow! What a way to tank the ratings!

2. Sarah says:

Great casting. Love her. What does this mean for her About a Boy status?

• Dean says:

Bestcase scenario she’ll be a reoccurring character. Worstcase they write her out of the show it depends on how much AOS needs her.

3. The Kaibosh says:

This is great casting! She definitely has the talent and look for the part as well as the comedic timing should the role call for it. Now screen test her with Jeremy Renner for her inevitable big screen Avengers appearance.

• Dean says:

Doesn’t she and Hawkeye have a son in the comics?

• The Kaibosh says:

Not in the comics themselves. In the 2008 video Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow the children of some of the original Avengers team up including: Francis Barton (son of Hawkeye and Mockingbird) and James Rogers, son of Captain America and Black Widow.

4. yeahhh, this is great news!!!plus Adrianne is a comic book fan!!! happy dance!! go tyra g go tyra!!!

5. Tran says:

CLEAR EYES FULL HEARTS S.H.I.E.L.D. CAN’T LOSE

6. Dean says:

She did good work on Friday night lights can’t wait to see her on AOS.

7. Finally! Very surprising casting.

8. Robert says:

Another great casting choice today, hollywood is on a roll!!! I wonder will she be in her costume, or some version of the costume?

• wordsmith says:

I’m betting it would be some variation of the field ops uniform that May, Maria Hill and Black Widow all wear, but with white accents.

Though unless we meet her in flashbacks, I suppose she won’t actually be a SHIELD agent, so she may just be dressed in civilian clothes.

• canadian ninja says:

She’ll be SHIELD, with an option to recur. Why wouldn’t she be?

• wordsmith says:

Because, if you’re up to date on the show, there is no more SHIELD. Except for Coulson’s team, the entire organization has been killed off, arrested or found new employment.

9. wordsmith says:

Great choice. She can convincingly do the action stuff, and can easily make the transition from TV to film if they need her in a future MCU movie.

10. Stephanie says:

Let’s hope her superhero acting skills have improved since the catastrophe that was Wonder Woman

• CMG says:

To be fair, the script for the Wonder Woman pilot was awful, which makes it difficult to put in a good acting performance. Plus, I’d argue that she was a horrible fit for the Wonder Woman character. I’m somewhat optimistic that she would be able to pull off playing Mockingbird.

• wordsmith says:

Her performance was actually one of the few things that I found tolerable about that pilot. the supporting cast were a mix of bland and cartoonish, but she pulled off a reasonably good blend of heroic, vulnerable and drily witty.

• canadian ninja says:

Please, it was a very rough and janky pilot that was only a shadow of what the finished show could have been. And whatever probs it had her acting wasn’t one them. And she had stature too.

11. James D says:

I’m cool with this choice I think she can pull off the role well, we shall see, but I’m not that worried. I wonder what this will mean for the greater MCU though. Considering her connection with Hawkeye, If they can get Samuel L Jackson to cameo i don’t see why they can’t get Jeremy Renner to do a cameo that would be pretty sweet.

• JLK says:

I agree they could get Renner. He did a guest spot on Louis this past season, so he’s clearly still up for an occasional bit on TV even though his movie career has really taken off.

12. Rich says:

Seems like Marvel is taking a cue from the success behind DC’s Arrow and finally introducing the Supers we all wanted to see in the first place.

I’m interested to see their Mockingbird and whether she’ll ‘know’ Barton and ‘Romanoff” but I also hope this high profile job allows her to be utilized on ‘About a Boy’ too. I’d hate for things to tank between Will & Dr. Sam that quickly but I guess they’d have to in order to facilitate Will’s return to San Fran and his endgame coupling with Fiona. (I couldn’t see it in the film, but it’s totally there in the TV series)

I’m still hanging tight with AoS, especially after the Big Reveal, but they lost a lot of their preview buzz on episodes that did nothing but fill time in a series that debuted to more eyeballs than most ever do, right out of the gate.

Here’s hoping the plan for Season 2 is more refined. I’m looking forward to it.

13. Lizo says:

Awesome!!! I hope she sticks around. With all the new male casting news for Shield, I’m glad to see another woman joining the cast

14. Joey Padron says:

Great casting. Excited to see Mocking Bird on the show!

15. Cool says:

Never saw FNL but loved her on Supernatural. Good news.

16. Ella says:

I really don’t get what anybody likes about this actress. If you can even call her that…

17. Tom says:

Not a fan, she has the looks but no acting chops. Just my opinion and I’ll leave it at that.

18. Mikael says:

I’m so glad they’re finally adding real characters from the Marvel universe and not just creating more new characters! When I think SHIELD, I think (besides Fury and Hill) Mockingbird and Quartermaine.

19. Dj says:

A little disappointed just because I wanted alona tal to play her.

20. Kelly says:

Love her ! She’s beautiful and talented. Tyra will always be one of my favorite tv characters.