True Blood Finale Week

True Blood's 10 Best Deaths: Russell's Spine Snatch and More Fatal Faves

True Blood Best Deaths

With True Blood‘s series finale just six days away, TVLine is spending this week reflecting on the best of the HBO drama’s seven-season run — beginning with the whole Blood part.

RELATED True Blood‘s Tara Buck Talks That Sex Scene: ‘I Was Sore the Next Day’

From Sookie’s first kill to the spine-snatch seen ’round the world, we’ve crafted a gallery of the show’s 10 most unforgettable deaths.

Something to remember: These are the “best” or “biggest” deaths of the series, not necessarily the most meaningful (so don’t expect to see either Tara or Alcide‘s Season 7 demises in our gallery).

Click on the image below to view our 10 favorite deaths, then drop a comment with your own conclusions of choice.

Russell Edgington invites you in…

1. Wtactualf says:

When Bill dies, it will be my favorite. But as it stands, Russell is the King!

• Andy Swift says:

Something tells me Bill won’t be dying (a third time) next week.

• Wtactualf says:

Don’t say that! I’ve been waiting 7 seasons for him to meet the true death :(

• sal says:

I’m REALLY looking forward to Bill Compton’s loooooooooooooooooong overdue True Death/death/actual death for real and for good this time on Sunday night. No fake-out like Billith. No, whoopsie, Sookie blowing her fairy wad made Bill human again. I want Sookie doing her ugly cry over a pile of goo (and her fairy powers intact when the end credits come) just like Eric was sobbing over exploded Nora. Nora didn’t come back from Hep-V; Bill shouldn’t, either.

• sal says:

If Bill wants to die, let him die. He is the cancer of True Blood. I have been waiting for him to die since early season 3.

2. Simon Jester says:

While not particularly gory, I found Godric’s death to be one of the better ones.

• Andy Swift says:

Good point. I think it’s often overlooked because it didn’t make you want to vomit, but I loved his send-off.

• Kay says:

I agree, I was just going to comment about that but you had already mentioned it. It was the first moment you actually see Eric’s emotional side, and paved the way for Sookie to realize he wasn’t all just big and bad. The Godric scene was a definite turning point for the series..and one of my all time favorite moments.

3. Lettie Mae says:

Speaking of Nora, why did she die faster than most vampires even faster than Bill’s accelerated Hep V due to fae blood?

• Andy Swift says:

You’re right, that is weird. I assume they didn’t really plan out how Hep-V was going to work back in Season 6. They really fleshed it out in Season 7.

• iamtrue2bill says:

Because her HepV was injected, not swallowed. So it was directly into her bloodstream. Also, they probably gave her more than they put in the TrueBlood bottles.

4. Jake says:

I really enjoyed the Sam’s fly death…That was amazing…but what about that creepy Vampire that was after Tara?….that was a gross death too.

5. Phil says:

Sarah Newlin bludgeoning Ms Suzuki to death with her stiletto should definitely be there.

6. chaouad says:

did pam ever kill a vampire or human ? i seriously don’t remember :o

7. Ma Je says:

An excellent selection. Looking back, the maenad’s death seems the best to me, so theatrical, like a scene from a Greek tragedy. These photos capture it perfectly.

8. IMHO says:

Russell Edgington is the King ! Love him on True Blood and AHS.

9. iamtrue2bill says:

Even if Bill dies, it won’t be a gory, shocking death. But he probably won’t die…again. RE ripping the anchorman’s spine out on liveTV was probably the most shocking for me. But I didn’t expect Sarah bashing that woman’s skull in with her high heel….wow!

10. meresger says:

What about Rene?
    (I do hope Bill dies. It’s a better ending!)