Watch ABC's Selfie Pilot Put a #2014 Twist on My Fair Lady

Fall TV Preview Selfie

Take Eliza Doolittle, give her a serious addiction to all things social media and you’ve got ABC’s Selfie.

But why take our word for it? You can now watch the entire pilot of the freshman comedy — which is based on My Fair Lady — below, via Hulu.

RELATED Fall TV First Impression: ABC’s Selfie

Written by Suburgatory creator Emily Kapnek, the laugher features Doctor Who‘s Karen Gillan as Eliza Dooley, a pharmaceutical sales rep overly obsessed with outward beauty, as well as her standing in social media. John Cho (Sleepy Hollow) co-stars as Henry, a branding whiz whom Eliza enlists to help makeover her image. Likes, tweets and Facebook posts round out the ensemble.

PHOTOS Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Selfie premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30 at 8/7c.

1. Ryan says:

That wig is wretched.

2. Chris says:

This show reminds me of everything I hate about social media…and that’s not a good thing.

3. Benjamonster says:

I bet this will be aired on Nick at Nite in 20 years, it’s so timeless!

Or the opposite of that.

4. Tran says:

This is one of the new sitcoms of the Fall TV season I won’t be watching and it probably won’t last that long.

5. Katie Hart says:

I liked it! A bit too abrupt of a beginning and too heartwarming of an end, but it has potential.

6. Domi says:

This show will be a giant flop. ABC buy How I Met Your Dad! It will be a guaranteed success,so many people miss HIMYM and wants HIMYD to replace it ^^

• Dmav says:

Said no one ever… I think a lot of people are still PO about that HIMYM ending and won’t give that series a shot. I myself don’t trust any writers that stick to their orginal ending they thought of 9 years ago when clearly everyone has moved past it. Lazy, self-indulgent writing at its finest.

7. Sarah says:

Awful. Didn’t laugh once. It won’t last long.

8. Tarah Cavaco says:

I watched it last night and I thought it was cute. Karen without her accent is a little weird, but overall I think it may have potential. I’ll keep with it for a bit.

9. Penn says:

I really liked it. It was sweet, romantic, touching and yes, funny. Not everything has to be one-liners.

10. Jon says:

At least A to Z was cute. This didn’t even reach that level. Too heavy-handed. This show I do not want to see more of. John Cho deserves better.

11. Stephanie says:

I thought it was adorable, funny and heart-warming. Like all pilots it has some issues but I think it has potential. And for all those saying this is why they hate social media so much they obviously weren’t watching the same show. Selfie expresses just as much disdain for what social media is doing to our society as those who are saying they won’t watch it because it’s about social media.

12. Umlat1 says:

Any show with a Bane impression is ok by me

13. Thanh says:

I enjoyed this pilot more than I thought I would. The title’s a bit of a turnoff though. The two lead characters are pretty good, as was the secretary and her totally adorable son. I’ve liked John Cho’s work in the few things I’ve seen him in, and he’s a rootable character in Selfie as well. Even though the show’s premise starts out with social media, the pilot seems to indicate the show’s actually a modern, comedic take on My Fair Lady. They should play up that angle more in promos, instead of the social media angle, although (again) that show title doesn’t help. I might keep checking back with this show to see how the storyline progresses between the two leads.

14. Adam Lenhardt says:

I really enjoyed it. Far more solid out of the gate than “Suburgatory” was, and a far more on-point satire. I was surprised how much of the Eliza and Henry from Pygmalion shined through.

15. Amelie says:

I thought this was surprisingly good. I’ll definitely keep watching.

16. Why not spend one third of your life working at something that you
    love doing. 00$ you can preorder the gold commander pack, and get
    120. Lots of guys want to know how to get women or how to impress women.

17. CMarie says:

Can’t say I loved it as much as Matt, and I can’t see how they make that storyline last longer than one season, but I might give it a shot. I think I need some new comedies in my life.

18. It’s going to be ending of mine day, but before finish I am reading this enormous piece
    of writing to improve my know-how.