Exclusive

Covert Affairs Sneak Peek: Is McQuaid In the 'Dog' House With Annie?

Covert Affairs

McQuaid has some ‘splaining to do this Tuesday on Covert Affairs (USA Network, 10/9c) — or will a secret “dog” him?

RELATED USA Renews Suits for Season 5

When last we tuned in, disgraced-and-demoted Annie spied her new ally Ryan McQuaid confabbing outside his home with the “dog walker” Auggie’s paranoid brainiac pal Roger claimed had been following him, not long before his untimely (if telegraphed, Red Shirt) death.

This first-look clip picks up instantly thereafter, with Annie confronting McQuaid about his visitor. What will his response be? And if he lies, will Annie wash her hands of the fella who just smooched her?

1. El says:

I really hope McQuaid isn’t a bad guy & it turns out Annie is able to help him find the mole in his company, while sorting out the missing link of the Post Man case.

• sable says:

McQuaid is not the bad guy…………………..it will be a surprise who is.

• El says:

I dont know how you know, but I do hope you speak the truth! Otherwise Annie’s credibility regarding her judge of character and who she trusts, can be called into question. Because if you time & again trust the wrong people, you’re going to have a hard time being in the CIA. Also, Arthur’s judge of character would called to question if McQuaid was the “bad person”, and I dont think they’d go there.

So I am going wide with my theories here on who the “bad person” is:
        The person who I have suspected all season is Caitlin, McQuaid’s 2nd in command, but that might be too easy.

If the writers wanted suprise the viewers, it could be the call girl Calder is/was sleeping with.

It might be Haley…how did she find out about Annie? What do we know about her?

I would be surprised. but it could be Tash, Auggie’s old girlfriend, as she is a tech genius and has the motivation to be mad at the USA (and it would explain another reason she came stateside).

Lastly, it could be Roger, and he could’ve had a split personality disorder or something.

Like I said, casting a big net of random theories…prob dont have it right at all, but it was fun to try!

• gizmolebrat says:

Somebody we have not seen in some time……..I’m guessing!

• gcw07 says:

I’m with you. I hope he isn’t either and I really don’t think he will turn out to be. The story line would just mirror Henry Wilcox’s story too much to have the owner of a private intelligence firm end up being the bad guy.

2. kenl says:

That character isn’t doing anything for this show. About time he’s made an official bad guy. Only way to salvage the character.

3. Sia says:

Can i just saw that their first kiss we pretty adorable…

4. ChellemaBelle says:

Just bring back Eyal… NOW.

5. Dana says:

I would love for Annie’s trust in Roger to be validated and to prove he was a better spy than the agency gave him credit for simply because of his illness. Since it was established Roger knew and was following exit protocols. he would know if he and/or the intel were compromised, he should either dead drop it for later or arrange for it to reach Annie another way. Here’s hoping it shows back up and provides some of the answers.

6. gizmolebrat says:

Annie Walker had showed Ryan McQuaid that she could point and shoot that gun he gave her a while back. But Annie’s instincts told her, both her mind and heart, that McQuaid had to have been set up. That last scene with Auggie spoke volumes when she did not tell him the truth about McQuaid contacting her……….but more revealing was her statement that McQuaid now knew whose team she was on…………………………..HIS. Coincidences that put Annie and McQuaid together since the start. We are going to find out that Annie Walker was one of the actual targets for the Chicago bombing and that Ryan McQuaid’s being set up are very connected…………………..I’m betting it has to do with the Wilcox family

• Karen says:

She is DEFINITELY on HIS side! As there are no coincidences in the spy world, I agree there is more to story and you could very well be correct with the connection between Annie and Ryan’s situations. While it might be Wilcox related, since Belenko is Georgian, I am betting on a Russian connection of some sort.