Emmys

Emmys: Who Should Win Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie?

emmys-miniseries-gentlemen

It’s business as Normal when it comes to the 2014 Emmy race for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie.

Indeed, four of the six men in the race — Jim Parsons, Joe Mantello, Alfred Molina and Matt Bomer — hail from HBO’s adaptation of The Normal Heart.

RELATED Emmys: Who Should Win Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie?

If this year’s champ doesn’t have Heart, the statuette will either go to Fargo‘s Colin Hanks or Sherlock: His Last Vow‘s Martin Freeman.

RELATED Emmys 2014: Scandal, OITNB and Masters of Sex Stars, True Detective, Bob’s Burgers Among Early Winners

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine talents when the Emmys are handed out on Aug. 25? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

1. Sara says:

Can they just have a 4 way tie with the guys from the Normal Heart? And add Taylor Kitsch in there, too?

Seriously though, I really can’t pick on this one because everyone nominated was so damn good.

• Jan says:

ITA!! I ended up voting for Jim Parsons just because I so identified with his character’s saving of the Rolodex cards. I was never able to erase any names from my telephone book.

• CJ says:

I feel the same way. It’s disappointing not to have Taylor Kitsch nominated alongside the rest of them because he was incredible, but I’d be happy with any of them winning. That entire cast are all so deserving.

2. abz says:

Matt Bomer hands down. Seriously if that man doesn’t win, I don’t even think I should bother to watch the Emmys again. He’s an amazing actor with a great personality and is very humble, and he gave an exceptional performance in the film. Can’t imagine another person in the role.

3. Kristen says:

Such a hard choice between Matt Bomer and Jim Patsons!!

4. Domenica says:

Joe Mantello was by far the best thing about The Normal Heart.

5. RJ says:

Martin Feeman. He deserves his emmy for his excellent work on Sherlock (and now Fargo too)

6. IMHO says:

All the actors in a Normal Heart were great. I think Taylor Kitsch should of been among the nominees.
    However Matt Bomer took his performance to the next level with the physical transformation he endured to play the part.

7. Cori says:

All the guys from The Normal Heart deserve it, but I voted Matt Bomer. Though Jim Parsons actually pulled at my heartstrings the most.

8. Nina says:

No contest! Matt Bomer should and will win. The only person in the same league is Joe Montello but his screentime was too brief. I adore Jim Parsons but seriously his mannerisms were so much like Sheldon Cooper.

9. MattArmando says:

It’d be great to see Martin Freeman win either her for SHERLOCK, or even in Actor for NORMAL… But Matt Bomer will most likely deservingly take it this year.
    SHOULD WIN: Martin Freeman
    WILL WIN: Matt Bomer

10. Emma says:

I genuinely want everyone one of them to win, which is nice, because in theory I’ll be happy whatever happens :)

11. Jimmy says:

Parsons was great in The Normal Heart, but he already has 3 Emmys and Bomer was equally great and very deserving. As an actor he’s long overdue for recognition.

12. Terez says:

Well if it is based on depth of performance, Matt Bomer is a given. No debate really.

13. Andrew says:

Matt Bomer’s performance in “The Normal Heart” was masterful. He deserves to win for his performance alone, but then factor in the physical changes he endured for his craft, it was truly a beautiful thing to witness. I also thought Jim Parsons was excellent, but Bomer was on another level and its time he is acknowledged for his excellent work.

14. jm says:

I love Matt Bomer since i saw him in Chuck. He was outstanding in Glee. Super in White Collar…
    and I will love him winning that emmy. However, I think Martin Freeman deserves that emmy. He was great in Sherlock. So my vote is for Martin Freeman.
    I have the feeling that the only cast member to win the emmy for The Normal Heart will be Julia Roberts.

15. Deion says:

I haven’t seen The Normal Heart yet, but is there a question here? Martin Freeman. Any day.

16. movienut says:

Ofcourse Matt Bomer. He was phenomenal in The Normal Heart. What a revelation! Everyone in that movie did a great job but Matt Bomer was several notches above. Can’t deny Martin Freeman’s great work in Sherlock but you have to see TNH and be punched in the gut with Matt’s work which is better than great.

17. Mike Bee says:

Just too much of “The Normal Heart”……TOO much! Colin Hanks, one of the many BRILLIANT actors in “Fargo” should walk away with this. (Although, as usual, I don’t understand Emmy logic. “Normal Heart” really was a movie. “Fargo” was a TV series.)

18. read source says:

Many companies provide absolute java work and for that, it has a variety of tools
    that are specially designed for Java developers
    that make it easy to create top-notch Java applications.
    Although there was difficulty in choosing, the variety
    was a good thing. The Google Nexus S comes set up utilizing the newest
    Android OS, the Gingerbread 2.