Emmys

Emmys: Who Should Win Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie?

emmys-miniseries-ladies

The formidable ladies of American Horror Story: Coven cast a spell on the 2014 Emmy race for Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie — snagging half the spots in the category.

RELATED Emmy Poll 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie?

The question looms now, though, whether the anthology series’ trio of nominees — Frances Conroy, Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett — might split the vote and open the door to one of the other women in the race.

Last year’s champ, Political Animals‘ Ellen Burstyn, returns this time around for her role in Flowers in the Attic. Rounding out the field: Fargo‘s Allison Tolman and The Normal Heart‘s Julia Roberts.

RELATED Emmy Poll 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie?

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine talents when the Emmys are handed out on Aug. 25 ? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

1. iammusic says:

I don’t particularly care, I’m just upset that Amanda Abbington wasn’t nominated for His Last Vow.

2. Jon says:

They should give this one to Sarah Paulson for the Emmy is was robbed of last year

3. dude says:

Angela Bassett was THE BEST! Allison Tolman will probably win which I’m fine with because she is fantastic.

4. leigh says:

Of all the nominees this year the one I do not want to win is Julia Roberts. She is very talented but in my opinion was the weakest performer in The Normal Heart. She just wasn’t that impressive to me and I just hope she doesn’t win because of her name alone. The movie was great but her part not so much.

5. William says:

Angela Bassett deserves all the recognition in the world for her performance as Marie Leveau. She was a true standout in Coven, one of my favorite scene-stealers.

6. MattArmando says:

It’s very sad to realize that Frances Conroy still has zero Emmy gold, so it’d be wonderful to see her win. Julia Roberts deserves it, Allison Tolman will definitely win it.
    SHOULD WIN: Julia Roberts
    WILL WIN: Allison Tolman

7. Ruiroxo says:

Frances Conroy! “BALENCIAGA!”

8. webly3 says:

Allison Tolman did a fantastic job on Fargo. In her first TV role (if I’m correct), she nailed every scene she was in. I hope we see her in something else great soon.

• HAP says:

Almost, but not quite. She had done an episode of Prison Break, and four episodes of Sordid Lives previously. But still a real beginner.

9. JON says:

I really want Allison Tolman to win this!

10. Me34 says:

This is one of the categories I’m most excited about. I’m so pleased with all the nominees. Considering Bassett and Bates will be back for the forth season of AHS and Burstyn already won, I hope there’s a tie between Tolman and Conroy. However, if Burstyn wins over Roberts (who I actually like), it’d feel good.

11. Joey says:

Arghhhhh can’t decide between Tolman and Bassett!

12. Deion says:

Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, and Frances Conroy were all very entertaining, but I think this one goes to Alison Tolman. She was the heart of Fargo.

13. Tod says: