Watch NBC's A to Z Rom-Com Now

A to Z Pilot Watch

You can get an early jump on website wonk Andrew’s eight months, three weeks, five days and one hour romance with no-nonsense lawyer Zelda, thanks to an advance online screening of the NBC comedy A to Z.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

The Katey Sagal-narrated rom-com — which stars Ben Feldman (Mad Men) as a dating site staffer who believes he is fated to be with Zelda (How I Met Your Mother’s Cristin Milioti), a disgruntled customer he just met (but perhaps crushed on at a years-ago concert) — is now available for streaming on Clear Channel’s digital properties and apps, as well as the NBC app, NBC.com, Hulu, Xfinity and other doohickeys.

But most importantly, an “extended,” 90-seconds-longer edit of the premiere is handily embedded for you right below. (A to Z makes its broadcast debut on Thursday, Oct. 2 at 9:30/8:30c, sandwiched between Kate Walsh’s Bad Judge and the final season of Parenthood.)

1. Domi says:

Saw the pilot. Very cute but not ver awesome…i wish we could see How I Met Your Dad this fall too

2. DJ Doena says:

I’m only a second-class citicen since “this content is [...] unavailable”.

• Kevin says:

Currently. Currently unavailable

• DJ Doena says:

That’s just a euphemism for “You’re not American. You’re never gonna be able to watch that on this site. Muahahahaah!”

• Danyelle says:

at what point do people from exotic foreign territories cease being surprised they can’t watch some videos on the web? i’d think one would get used to it after a while/many years.

• DJ Doena says:

TBH it’s not really suprise, per se. It’s more cynicism and utter befflement that the content industry still thinks they can slice the world into markets that they control – in the age of BitTorrent and FileHosters.

• Alex says:

It annoys me how people from foreign countries feel that they automatically have a right to watch OUR programming.

• Carol C says:

I’m Canadian, which is not my idea of an “exotic foreign territory”, plus we get NBC here ~ the part that baffles me. For example, TNT doesn’t broadcast in Canada, so I understand why its previews don’t work here. But NBC? In contrast, ABC and CBS videos play fine.

• @Alex: YOUR programming? Do you own NBC or the show? Do you feel like we have no right to see pilot which is public in the US?
            Honestly man, that’s insame.

• cuius says:

Cough – Chrome browser and Hola Better Internet extension

3. Ally Oop says:

I disagree with you about How I Met Your Dad. Fans were p.o.ed big time about the finale plus having just watched 8 years of HIMYM, the plot was becoming staid

• starfang0 says:

Right, just like the comedy being more miss than hit in the last three seasons.

Although, the pilot of How I Met Your Dad, from what I read on the web, offered nice variation compared to the original, like the idendity of the father revealed right off the bat.

But, as you said, better avoid to aggravate the fans and viewers even more.

4. Steven says:

I watched this last night. It was cute. Gave me a 500 Days of Summer vibe since we know the relationship will only last a certain amount of time. Curious how they will keep it going beyond that. Oh and Katey Sagal as the narrator is fantastic. i love her voice.

5. BB says:

I’m guessing they get engaged after the 8 months? The narration said they will date for 8 months not that their relationship will only last that long.

Definitely a cute pilot. I enjoyed it.

6. Eric7740 says:

Love!!!! Thank you Cristin Milioti!!!

7. L says:

Ben Feldman AND Cristin Milioti? I SO hope this does well, I loved Ben in Drop Dead Diva and Cristin in HIMYM!

8. Little Scarf Girl says:

I enjoyed it! I also think they will get engaged at the end of the 8 months, but perhaps we’re meant to think they might break up? Provided the supporting cast is good (I hope they keep the two programmers around – I thought they were funny. The best friends were a little over-the-top, but I could probably learn to like them.) and they tell some good relationship stories, I’ll keep watching. I think the prospect of A-Z is also really interesting, since it gives people something to brainstorm about. I wonder what Z could even stand for … except maybe Zelda herself.

9. Tran says:

Don’t know if A to Z is going to be a hit or a miss for NBC but it does stand a good chance to topped another new sitcom The McCarthys (CBS) in the 9:30 p.m. Thursday night time slot.

10. Joe says:

god I love cristin milioti. will be watching this

11. Alex says:

This show is just another stinker. I didn’t laugh once. Massive FAIL.

12. Christina says:

I just watched it. I thought it was really cute and I’ll definitely give it a chance for the fall. Definitely better than another reality show.

13. cycworker says:

Some days I hate being Canadian.

14. Bob says:

Overall, I liked it. It was interesting and funny, even if it was warm funny, not LOL funny. I would watch another episode.

But at the end of the eight months and however many days, what is the premise? If they think they will stretch all that time out over five-seven years, I’m not interested. Oddly enough, call it the HIMYM syndrome. They hook you in the first few episodes, then let it plunge into some off-the-rack sitcom, then you only get resolution when the network says enough.

15. Jon says:

Cute – seems to be the only word to describe it. The opening and closing credits were really good. Ben Feldman is great as always. Cristin Milotti can grow on me (did not watch HIMYM). Most of the supporting characters are likable too. The best friend Stu, could use some toning down though, to avoid become a cartoon-like character. I’ll watch the next few episodes to see how it’s coming along.

16. Jon says:

That cute dog in the opener better be part of the cast and not just used in the pilot.

17. jj says:

cristin milioti was the best part of the final season of HIMYM and i’m glad to see her on another show, the pilot was cute and i’ll definitely give it a few more episodes

18. Stephanie says:

meh…. too heavy-handed with the destiny talk and the narration. Interesting concept though I hope they polish it in some areas like toning down both of the super annoying best friends and using the narration sparingly

19. Thanh says:

Cute show! Both main characters are likable, and interesting enough. Andrew’s best bud is one annoying dude though. They might have to recast him with someone funnier, and less annoying. The rest of the show’s supporting cast might need some tweaking, at least in terms of how the characters are written and conceptualized. I like the voice-over.

20. As big as a crush that I have on Cristin Milioti (and as awesome as Katey Sagal’s narration is), this show looks pretty generic. The pop culture references, flashbacks, Andrew’s friend who wanna be a chubby ladies’ man… it feels like a second-hand HIMYM, without everything that made HIMYM awesome.

21. CMarie says:

I finally got around to watching this preview and loved it! I have a soft spot for Ben Feldman ever since Drop Dead Diva. I hope they can keep up the momentum!