Switched at Birth Renewed for Season 4

Switched At Birth Season 4

With the Season 3 finale set to air Monday, ABC Family has good news for Switched at Birth fans: the Vazquez and Kennish families aren’t going anywhere.

RELATED Switched at Birth Boss Talks Losing Angelo, ‘Shocking’ Aftermath

The network on Wednesday renewed Switched at Birth for a fourth season, which will begin in 2015.

Monday’s finale will find Bay and Daphne graduating high school — can you believe it?! — and preparing for the next chapters of their lives.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

1. KB says:

Yay! At least these kids are graduating on time. Feels like those girls on Pretty Little Liars have been in high school for many many years! lol

2. Coal says:

Katie Leclerc (Daphne) is ten years older than the character she is playing, but hey this is TV how cares about age. Now for the dreaded transition from high school to college which most teen dramas struggle to pull of successfully.

3. Tran says:

That makes me very happy. More Bay & Daphne.

4. Josh Emerson says:

I hope they send Daphne to jail. She is just awful. Easily the worst person on the show.

• JBC says:

Yes, they do need to send Daphne to jail. It would make sense since she broke her probation and cost other people jobs with all the vandalism. I hope the show doesn’t gloss over all these things. They could really do a good and real storyline with this.

• liz says:

she’s not awful, she’s just complex. And personally I think it’s awesome to see a young woman with a disability not portrayed as an ‘angel amongst us’. It’s a tired trope. Daphne makes horrible choices, but Toby and Bay have as well (though Bay is my squishy so I forgive her for everything lol). I don’t think she should go to jail; ruining kid’s futures because of some bad choices isn’t something I’m supportive of.

• Ashley says:

I swear, that’s what I was saying!!! Like she has a new chapter in her life to do, and not worry about Daphne’s mistake.

• CHRIS says:

You are an idiot! Daphne is the most intriguing and dynamic character on the show and maybe if you were a true fan, you would understand why she is lashing out! Stop hating!

• Dana says:

Daphne was one of my favorite characters, probably because I could relate to her :P I hated Bay up until the last few episodes of season three!

• José Tacoma WA. says:

I started watching this show because of my daughter but ended up loving it!!! I seriously netflixed every episode. I’m caught up and excited and anxtious for next season.
        Its funny for me, a grown man and not girly man to say this but I have cried so many times and laughed with my daughter as we watch this show. Its our show.

• christine says:

Oh yea can’t stand her thinks she owed the world n hate the attitude n way she flares her nostrils lmao

5. Just Wondering says:

Horray love this show!!

6. Lore says:

Awesome news! i need more EBay

7. Danielle says:

Happy because I still love eBay. I still watch but the show has dropped off quality wise since early season 2. hoping a renewal is imminent for The Fosters, which is by far the highest quality series on ABCF.

8. liz says:

YAY!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW

9. Television says:

YES! love this show! more of Emmett and Travis and less of Bay and Daphnes dad. Can’t stand it when he is on screen. Oh and get rid of the brother, his hair style and glued on facial hair is distracting.

10. teambey says:

I love this show.I don’t think Bey should have took the blame for Daphne but Hey They are sisters! I think Emmett is going to be extremely mad but I don’t think Bey will get in that much trouble for this either. I guess well just have to wait and see.

11. Tiffini Yates says:

I love Switched at Birth. Thank you for renewing the contract. I was very upset when they did away with Jane By Design.

12. Pam says:

I’m thrilled, I really love this show!!

13. Lizbeth says:

I can’t wait season three got me feeling some type of way. Bay , is awesome for saving daphne oh my lord.

14. Mara says:

Yeeeeeeeeeessss!!!!!! I am so super excited. Switched At Birth is by far the best show I have ever seen in my life. And it definitely helped me with my ASL class. Love,, love,, love!!!!

#BayDaphneEmmett
    #SwitchedAtBirth

15. kimberly says:

yay cant wait to see more,,i love this show, by far one of the best shows ever, Didnt really like the ending tho with bay taking the blame

16. LaParis says:

Omg!! I love Bay. Yay glad it’s going to be a season 4 !!! Super excited !!!

17. Abby says:

Angelo didn’t have to die he could of just lost his memory and could not remember anything so his family would have to spend a lot more time getting to know him. And why does season 4 have to come out so late no one can wait that long for this TV series

18. ashley says:

First off I am glad that the show depicted real life situations. Bay taking the charges for Daphne was a little upsetting but I’m excited to see what the future holds for all of them. I do wish that they would move on from angelo I know that it was her father and I was glad to see that she had a picture of him at graduation. I want bay and emett to work out but I’m excited to see what is going on with ty…can’t wait for season 4. I feel like ots going to be forever. I am anxious to see what Bay gets and if emett wil go without her and daphnes future…

19. Idania says:

Just when I caught myself up, I have to wait till next year? I’m so bummed.

20. Kimberly burke says:

YEAH!!!! SO HAPPY THEY ARE COMING BACK

21. katy says:

Yay season 4… its awesome that bay took the charges because daph would have done time due to the previous arrest and probation… bay will probably just get probation for her first offense…plus daph was going to college and bay wasnt… thats what family is supposed to do for each other

22. linda says:

I can’t wait for the next series to begin. I love watching Switched …. and learn some signs too i hope that bay doesn’t go to jail even though I can understand why she is rescuing Daphne what lovea
    great show

23. My friends and I just love this show. Love Emmet’s and Bay’s relationship. Too cute. Want more of it! So excited for season 4 and even season 5,6,7,8,9,10. Lol you get the picture! Will
    definitely be watching!

24. Alex says:

What day,month,and year is switched at birth coming back on
    (Season 4)

25. jazzy says:

I want ty to come back right when bay comes out of jail. Have bay get all teary eye. She ask him why he did what he did and she cheats on emmit because shes been in love with ty the whole time. I tell you that would be a good episode

• Beth Ann says:

That would be heart breaking!!!! Bay and Emmett love each other they are meant to be! She even said she always comes back to him because she will always love Emmett. She does have past with ty But I think she honestly loves Emmett!! They are to cute together!!! EBAYYY FOREVER

26. grivas says:

I love this show soooooooo much! Glad to find out it will be here for a while. Love the characters, was sad to see they killed of Angelo though. Wish they would bring him back somehow. Loved to see his relationship with daphne finally blossoming and then boom! he got killed. sad so sad.

27. grivas says:

I love this show soooooooo much! Glad to find out it will be here for a while. Love the characters, was sad to see they killed of Angelo though. Wish they would bring him back somehow. Loved to see his relationship with daphne finally blossoming but then boom! he got killed. sad so sad.

28. grivas says:

Love Emmet and Bay’s relationship. He is always the one who she goes back to. He understands her and never judges her that is why she LOVES him so much. Can’t wait for season 4!

29. Debbie says:

I love this show, haven’t missed an episode yet. Can’t wait til it returns for season 4

30. Mary says:

cant wait for the Season 4 !!!!

31. doreatha martin says:

Love the show can’t want for season 4 to come out . Its up there with bones

32. Amy says:

Love this show!
    Can’t wait for Season 4.

33. A-May says:

I loved the day dreams and dancing and fun costumes. Loved when Emmit took Bay to that Memory lane and they broke out in dance. Oh and then when they were all frolicking around the kitchen table. That was cool.
    Do not like them using the Lords name in vain. Do not like all the sexual content.
    Sad Angelo died!

34. jennifer b says:

This is a great show an intense always couldn’t wait for the next episode. Now can’t wait for season 4 an hopefully many more. The way Bay took the blame for Daphne… GREAT.. Not only is it a great show and interesting, it’s also educational because you learn sign language and you get to see what deaf people have to go through, especially the one episode where you only had to read there signs, and the captions that was amazing to let you see it in there eyes and what we take for granted…

35. angel says:

OMG!!! Im so excited for season 4. Switched at birth is an amazing show. From start to finish. It really gets your emotions going. Love it. There’s nothing like a good tear jerker. Wish Angelo and Bey could have gotten closer. But I love that Daphne and Bey have finally embraced their connection to each other and becoming true sisters putting aside the jealousy and envy. Every single character is awesome. Brings the show to life. Kudos to the writer. Hands down, an AMAZING job.

36. Eileen rozborski says:

Love to watch switch at birth that my favorite show which mostly are in sign language I love it !!!! i would love to buy dvd of whole series of this program

37. Lilineth says:

i cant believe Bay Kennish took the blame for what Daphne Vasquez did. Bay’s career will be gone, and Daphne would probaly feel guilty. Wow this last season finale made me wonder alot about what will happen. Go On With Season 4 Cmon!

38. Sabinator says:

I love switched at birth! Such a cliff hanger at the end of season 3. I can’t wait for season 4!

39. Elizabeth Jervis says:

they ended the season perfectly just as thrilling and tearjerking as ever i am so glad that the show is going on i don’t ever want it to end this show has helped me to decided what and where i want to go to collage for I’m going to gallaudet for deaf studies and deaf culture I’m so excited i learned asl from watching the show more SAB i love you guys!!!!!!!!!

40. Reina says:

I barely finished watching all 3 seasons on Netflix, but wow did the final of season 3 really catch me by surprise. Yea I know alot of you may think that Daphne should be the one going to jail, she should get punished for her mistakes, but I think what Bay did for her was what a true sibling would do for one another. Bay may do some time in jail but with her parents help she could easily just get probation. Daphne on the other hand would do real time, and Bay is just watching out for her sister.

41. Jayden says: