Sleepy Hollow Casts Aunjanue Ellis as Abbie's Mother

Sleepy Hollow Abbies Mom Aunjanue Ellis

Sleepy Hollow has finally tracked down Abbie and Jenny’s mom — and she looks a lot like Mentalist alum Aunjanue Ellis.

RELATED Sleepy Hollow Scoop: ‘Whatever You Think Is Coming, Isn’t’

Series star Nicole Beharie recently teased that growing up, her character’s mother Lori Mills wasn’t exactly the happy homemaker type. “We discover early on in [Season 2] that Abbie and Jenny’s mom had supernatural inclinations, and a lot of people read that as [her] being insane or a liar,” Beharie previewed. “So we find out more about why Abbie’s a witness and and the torture Jenny has gone through.”

EW.com first reported the news.

VIDEO Sleepy Hollow Preview: The Fist Bump Returns!

Ellis’ other major TV credits include NCIS: Los Angeles, True Blood and Justice.

Sleepy Hollow returns to the Fox schedule on Monday, Sept. 22 at 9/8c.

Excited about this casting? Hit the comments and share your thoughts!

1. Amanda says:

OUTSTANDING CASTING!!!!! That’s all

2. herman1959 says:

Yes! I can not wait for the season premiere. It looks like there will be plenty to fill the season, despite the worries of some that too many episodes are being produced.

3. Zenobia Jackson says:

I love Ellis and really wish she had remained on The Mentalist but I think she is too young for this role

4. Angela says:

*Looks at their faces* I can see it. Yeah.
    Sounds good. Can’t wait to meet and get to know her, and see how she interacts with Abbie and Jenny!

5. Ally Oop says:

This show is one that always surprises me. I didn’t have high expectations going in but it really was entertaining to watch. I really enjoy seeing all the interactions between the various characters and the dynamics between them.

6. Ian says:

Excellent casting. They look like they could be related, black don’t crack (lol), and Aunjanue is so talented. And we already know Abbie’s descended from that nurse that helped Katrina give birth, so I hope they’re digging more into that.

7. KCC says:

Great casting!!

8. Pat says:

Poor Jenny and what she had to endure being declared crazy and put into a Psychiatric Hospital. Now to finally find out that you were not because your Mother passed on these supernatural inclinations to you. I wonder how Jenny will be when she finally sees her Mother and finds out about this? Cannot wait for the season to start up.

9. teen says:

I like Ellis, but Audra McDonald would’ve been a better choice.

10. dman6015 says:

With a first name like that, she was destined to be in the entertainment business!

11. Heathers says:

I like the actress, but she doesn’t look old enough to be Abby’s Mother, IMO.