Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Pros Revealed: Who's Missing? Who's New?

Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Cast

The line-up of pros for Dancing With the Stars Season 19 was revealed Wednesday on ABC’s Good Morning America, and there are many familiar faces, a couple of newcomers and, yes, some MIA vets. (Namely, one of the Chmerkovskiys has Maks-ed out.)

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

The pros’ celeb/”celeb” partners will be announced Sept. 4 on GMA.

RELATED Emmys Poll: Should DWTS Win Best Reality-Competition Series?

⋅ Mark Ballas (two-time champ, seven-time finalist)

⋅ Cheryl Burke (two-time champ, seven-time finalist)

⋅ Whitney Carson (SYTYCD alum, entering her second cycle as a DWTS pro)

⋅ Artem Chigvintsev (Strictly Come Dancing champ, first-time DWTS pro)

⋅ Val Chmerkovskiy (Season 16 finalist, entering his seventh cycle as a pro)

⋅ Tony Dovolani (Season 15 champ)

⋅ Allison Holker (SYTYCD all-star, Emmy-nominated DWTS choreographer, first-time pro)

⋅ Derek Hough (five-time champ, Emmy-winning DWTS choreographer)

⋅ Keoikantse Motsepe (“Burn the Floor” tour vet, first-time DWTS pro)

⋅ Peta Murgatroyd (Season 14 champ)

⋅ Emma Slater (“Burn the Floor” tour/Broadway show vet, Season 17 DWTS finalist)

⋅ Karina Smirnoff (three-time finalist, Season 13 champ)

Hosted by Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, DWTS kicks off its new season Monday, Sept. 15 at 8/7c.

1. Wonder how Carrie Ann will be judging a man she was with for two years. Does Artem get the win this year or is he the first one out due to this? Also…..hope Twitch shows up to watch his wife! Maybe they’ll have a triple dance and he can be invited to participate. Am really going to miss Maks though.

2. kee says:

OMG, DWTS finally hired a black pro. The world must be coming to an end

• Brendan says:

I feel so awful for not even realizing that they’ve never had a black pro before. I cannot believe that it’s taken this long.

• Angela says:

I’m ashamed to say I never really noticed that, either. But yeah, definitely long overdue.
        No Tristan again. Poo :(. Ah, well, still looks like a good list in general…look forward to seeing who the celeb partners will be!

• teen says:

LOL, typical lingo for those who really could care less.

• Angela says:

Errr…no? Very much sincere with my comments.
            (Also, I think you mean “couldn’t care less”, but whatever.)

• Kaye says:

Grammar police here! You just made a very common mistake. Think about it. What people mean to say is “couldn’t care less.” Other than that….brilliant comment!

• Horus says:

I couldn’t care less. I’m not one who measures things by skin color.

• Dawn says:

Teen: You’re suppose to say ‘I could care less’ In other words…You really don’t care too much…

• daz says:

No Dawn, you dont understand english, the others are right, it is, I couldnt care less. Think about it, I could NOT care less , meaning you are at the bottom of caring! Ie you dont care at all! I never noticed there hadnt been a black Pro cause I dont notice race unless theyre pushing it.

• Elwood Jake says:

I know that Trustan married a few months ago. I don´t know if that has anything to do with his not returning to DWTS, or if it´s the fact that in several seasons as a pro, he never once had a decent partner. I wouldn´t have come back either, if I were he. He paid his dues and then some!

• Angela says:

That’s true, I can see him being married being a factor in his time away. I don’t see him quitting because he isn’t getting a decent partner, though-yeah, the ones he’s had struggled, but he seemed to genuinely enjoy working with them regardless.
            Whatever his reasons, I do hope he comes back someday, ’cause I liked him.

• tripcat says:

I AGREE! tristan was great with helping those partners who couldn’t possibly win. He never got a young and healthy partner. no fair.

• Dawn says:

So Tristan got married, good for him…Ireland is a long way from America….

• Tristan is doing Strictly Come Dancing in the UK this autumn.

• 06s091 says:

Tristan will be a pro on the UK version this season

• john says:

What is this white guilt? Stop the reason why there are no black pros is because there is not enough money in it they play big money sports end of story we hade our share of black constants so give it a break.

• Angela says:

Yeeeeah, it has nothing to do with white guilt, but thanks for making random assumptions. It’s just a matter of noticing that they can expand even further on the diversity of their cast. Nothing wrong with wanting that.
            Also, your whole thing about black people going to football ’cause dancing doesn’t pay enough doesn’t even begin to make sense. How do you even know that’s the reason they don’t join shows like this (and how would that explain those that do? If the money’s so bad, why aren’t all the other pros off doing other better paying jobs?)? And what does not joining one have to do with joining the other? Are those the only two job options available or something? I don’t get it. Not to mention, there are black pros in dancing. They just haven’t been on this show.
            And yes, we’ve had black celebrities on here. So? That means we don’t need black pros…how? Again, it never hurts to branch out a little sometimes. That’s not “white guilt”, that’s just being realistic and open.
            You really need to work on your logic skills.

• Dawn says:

Brendan: Finally, we need something new for a change…

• Dravoe says:

Finally

• they have had them before

• Michael says:

There might not have been one that wanted the job!!Did you ever think of that OMG ?

• That’s because black people can’t really dance like this. Watch the dancing competitions on tv with real pros and there aren’t any blacks, hello. Of course we could MAKE them have blacks, say a quota, and call the competition racist just for good measure. Then they wouldn’t have to earn a spot they could get in because they are black. What they call dancing is just shaking your booty. They don’t mind that stereotype though.

• Sandra Stephenson says:

You know maybe the black pro’s have not applied before. There have been plenty of black celebrities. Comments like that are just uncalled for. This show seems to show no partiality toward black or white. The best normally wins regardless of race. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Omar Maymir says:

Who said that DWTS did not have a black pro? What race is Cheryl Burke? She maybe light colored skin but she is black. So why all this fuss about a black pro dancer in the new DWTS season? Come on, like one comment said:ENOUGH WITH THE WHITE GUILT!!

• Dawn says:

That’s right !!! I would love to see this guy dance…

• they have black pro more than once…..they just don’t win

3. Patty Stamps says:

I didn’t know Allison had a ballroom background. Excited to see her on DWTS.

4. sarah j says:

I would watch solely for Allison Holker but I have 2 shows already on at the same time! So I may just watch her dances on line.

5. JBC says:

As much as I like the dancing, I just can’t do another whole season of Erin Andrews. I’m out!

• joanne says:

I agree. she is not good. I’m out also

• Horus says:

You preferred Brook? Seriously? Brook was a bag of hammers.

• Cataliferous says:

Horus, you hit the nail on the head with the Brooke bag! I’ve never seen a co-host that demeaning and pray her pink slip was permanent. My personal choice was and always will be Samantha Harris. Anyone know why she left?

• Mom106 says:

I didn’t like Erin either. Something about her asking too many personal questions. Kind reminded me of a tabloid interview. Out of the 2 I have to say I like Brook better. For my taste she seems more lady like. Erin seemed out there in your face type.

• carol cooper says:

I don’t care for miss andrews she is too brash. brook was so much a lady and let the mc lead.

6. Melissa says:

I think Artem is also a SYTYCD alum from one of the early seasons (or possibly SYTYCD Canada?)

7. Ron says:

I hate to nitpick, but I think Derek is actually an Emmy-winning choreographer for DWTS. Not that I need to bring that up because his head is already big enough…

• JBC says:

Derek is very talented. He doesn’t act like he has a big ego. He seems pretty down to earth actually. Enjoy watching him dance and all the routines he choreographs.

• Elwood Jake says:

I would say that´s a matter of opinion. With all of the favoritism he´s received on the show, I suppose it might be natural for him to have a swollen ego. I think he and the rest of us should be keeping his/our eyes on Val. He is a phonomenal dancer and choreographer who apparently never feels the need to distract from his partner´s performance by throwing in flips and tricks for himself, as Derek and Mark have done do often.

8. shar says:

I will definitely be missing Maks, my favorite Pro. Also, where is Anna, Kym Johnson. I miss them and some of the past Pros. My favorite all-time pairings were Mario Lopez and Karina, Maks and Mel B, Donny Osmond and Kym, but the best ever on the show has to Meryl and Maks. I have never enjoyed watching anyone as much as them.

• Bwhit says:

I agree about Maks and Meryl, they were pure perfection and I think it’s nice that she was his last dance on that show.

• Cheryl says:

I’m not sure about Kym, but I know Anna had a baby about a year ago. You have to wait a while after having a baby to dance again, and even once you can dance again you will have to work for a while to get back to the dancing shape you were in before pregnancy. Plus, she might be enjoying being a mom for a year or two before taking on that kind of physical/time commitment.

Also, as far as Kym, I know she’s sometimes on Strictly Come Dancing in the UK, and sometimes that’s going on at the same time as DWTS.

• Billie says:

Anna and her husband divorced and she had a baby by another man.

• Kym is a judge on the Australian version of DWTS now. She’s never been on Strictly.

9. Andrea says:

Where is Sharna?!?!?! And why the ?$/@! is Derek back again?

• Patty says:

Yes! Where is she?? She’s one of my favorites. Is she off the show for good or relegated to a background dancer?

10. Steve F. says:

Nice to see Allison Hoker in – and maybe her husband tWitch will make an appearance!

11. Diz says:

who cares about the pros? the celebs determine if I actually watch the season or not.

12. Abe Froman says:

I don’t know who any of these people are… and I’m proud of it!

13. Jon says:

Where is Tristan McManus?

14. suzy b says:

where is Henry?

15. Allison (being known for contemporary) as a ballroom dancer is questionable…but she’s an absolutely beautiful dancer.

16. margarita mercado says:

What is the astrological sign of the new male on dwts

17. It’s always nice to see SYTYCD alums appearing on DWTS. They’ve all done pretty well. On that note, why is Chelsie, another SYTYCD alum, now apparently also a DWTS alum, as well as Anna? They are two of my faves from any season of DWTS.

18. Glad to see Whitney is back. Loved her on SYTYCD, and hope she keeps her ingenue attitude. I feel sorry for the female pros with obvious pressure to be hot, HOT, HOT!!! Gets a bit boring. Pleased and surprised, frankly, that Derek is back – not many mountains left for him to climb. Just love the way his choreography keeps pushing back the boundaries. Tough competition for the rest of the guys, though!

19. Lauralei says:

bring back Lacey Schwimer!

20. Rita says:

I think the only gripe I have with this show is I understand that some celebs cannot dance but why does Derek ALWAYS get the best dancer, who decides this?? Would it not be nice for one of the pros who isn’t as well known to get a decent dancer?? Just my opinion..

• Nancy says:

Derek doesn’t always get the best dancer! He had some like Kirstie Alley who he really made look much better than we thought she could do. He does amazing things with his partners .They really look like they can keep up with him. I will really miss Maks. He gave extra life to the program!

21. Gary Darmofal says:

I miss Kym Johnson

22. debbie says:

SOOOOO GLAD DEREK IS COMING BACK! HE, WITH ALL HIS TALENT, MAKES THE SEASON WORTH WATCHING!!!!!

23. Dee says:

STILL the same judges???

24. I bet it will be so good

25. Joy says:

Well, my favorite is Derek. He is one heck of a choreographer and dancer. Will miss Maks though.

26. Jean Omar says:

I enjoying dancing with the star very much and I will miss Max….
    Looking forward to it.

27. joanne says:

do not like erin as a host. she is dull. why did u change a good combo

• Linda says:

I agree about Erin. Too personal and in your face with the couples. I think they should save their money, and just let Tom Bergeron handle the hosting duties. He does a good job, and we could cut a lot of useless chatter, which I fast forward through anyway, and have more dancing.

28. Janet says:

Get rid of Erin Andrews and it will be a better show!

29. Dawn Doran says:

Why is Erin coming back?…Not too many people really likes her…Also, is has Len Goodman decide to come back to judging in the DWTS?..

• Broadwayfan says:

I’m not nuts about Erin, but I don’t mind her. I really couldn’t stand Brooke. Some person with NO dance experience, working hard gets ripped apart by judges and low scores. Her first comment is “How do you feel about that?” How do you think they felt?!
      I’m glad she’s gone.

30. Dawn Doran says:

So, Erin is coming back and I suppose that Len Goodman is coming back as well…I can hardly wait for the newcomers on DWTS Pros and the celebrity casts..

31. Nancy Drew says:

I was hoping that DWTS would bring back Brooke and get rid of that silly Erin Andrews…… she just isnt co host material. She acts like a High School girl at is star struck

32. Sheryl says:

Get rid of that nitwit Erin Andrews she is just a joke!!!!!

• I am with you I think Erin Andrews has to go. I like Brooke Burke Charve. She made the show, and I like it when it was on Monday and Tuesday. Whats up with that? you have lost alot of viewers because you are only on one night. Get it together before you go off the air completly!!!!!!!!!!

33. Mona says:

Oh good grief, this alleged show should have been taken off he air about 4 ears ag.

34. Clarkann says:

I prefer Erin because her questions were more about dancing and not the inane question of “how do you feel now that the judges gave you a low score?” Also, could we ever hear more about the art of dancing? Or about the actual work of the practices and not the focus on emotional breakdowns? Or about the development of the dance routines? In other words, it would be nice if this reality show contained more substance about dancing.

35. Elaine says:

I do not care what color anyone is. I love all people. I will miss Maks. Never heard of some of these new people. Lacy should come back. Mark is cool. Love Derek. There are some great teachers; and Carol is another one.

36. Margene says:

I can’t believe they’re bringing back Erin as co-host!!

37. ritalp says:

We have truly enjoyed the addition of Erin Andrews to the show. She’s fresh and witty and looks like she’s having a blast! We’ll miss Maks, but are still looking forward to one of the few shows we BOTH love!

38. Deena McCormack says:

My family has always enjoyed DWTS, and believe the quality of the Pro shows in the progression of the celeb. I do not appreciate the inappropriete questions Erin Andrews asks… trying to force sexual innuendo into the show is off-putting. I did appreciate the class and professionalism Brooke gave the show. It kept it from being on a ‘game show’ level. I love all the Pros, and can see that certain ones are simply more teachers than others. Not everyone could have taught Amy Purdy to be a champion dancer.

39. Kari says:

I really don’t like Erin Andrews. Was hoping she wouldn’t return. But, nevermind. I really have no intention of watching DWTS. It’s the same ole, same ole.

40. shel says:

Alison, whom I love, is not a trained ballroom dancer. This is bogus and I hope not another ‘fix’ that DWTS does NOT need. (Anyone pay attention to ratings at ABC?) Ballroom competition, not Contemporary. Please.

41. Phil Tover says:

I am glad I have a mute button, Erin Andrews voice is like fingernails on a chalk board. I miss Brooke!

42. Reba says:

I really don’t care for Erin Rogers..her voice is grating on my nerves..

43. Sharron LB says:

will be missing Maks very much

44. Christen N says:

Dancing with the stars is no fun anymore, it is a popularity contest and not the ability to dance, plus the more body they show the better the points, that to me is no talents, anybody can bare they butts or most of it. I’d like to see the dancers judged by their talent and not the public voters

45. Jennifer says:

I hope the pair VAL with someone whom he can actually WIN with this year and I’d like to see Derek with someone he can’t just fling around like they don’t weigh anything. Though he did great with Amy with two prosthetic feet, I’d love to see him with, say, a bigger or chubby gal and see how he can choreograph HER. He always seems to get the girls with some kind of rhythm whom don’t weigh 100 lbs soaking wet and he can throw around like they’re weightless. He’s a fantastic dancer but let’s give him more of a challenge this year and see what he can do.

46. Pat Kline says:

I wish they had replace Erin – don’t like her style.

47. Elaine says:

Haven’t seen Edyta in a few years. Miss her.

48. Elaine says:

Where is Edyta? Miss her. Haven’t seen her in ages!

49. II
    I love them all, but I would love to know the celebrity line up as I love a lot of the stars that come to dance and think they are so ‘gutsy’ for getting on stage with pros. I love the make up, the hair, the different dances(most of the time) the attitudes of both the celebrity and the teacher, to see the progress. I did like it much better when it was on two nights, and I really miss the beautiful, lovely lady with everything where it should be on her body and wears the clothes to fit it, BROOKE. Tom is the man always, love him.

50. Dear TV Land,

I am trying to get tickets for the new season of Dancing with The Stars. Is there a better way than going on line and looking under Dancing With the Stars new season? Maybe someone can get me tickets for the new season!! Thanks, Carolyn Milliman A very local watcher from Day One of Dancing With The Stars!!