Cable Ratings: TNT's Murder Ends on a High Note, Hit the Floor Finale Surges

Murder in the First Finale Ratings

TNT’s Murder in the First finale on Monday night drew 3.4 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating, rising 26 and 27 percent week-to-week to deliver a best-since-premiere audience and its third-best demo delivery to date.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Leading into that, Major Crimes‘ summer finale did 5.7 mil and a 0.8, up 10 percent in audience while flat in the demo week-to-week.

RELATED Major Crimes Summer Finale Recap: S.O.B., Indeed

Monday’s other finale, VH1’s Hit the Floor, drew 2.4 mil and a 1.1 (per TVByTheNumbers), surging 26 and 38 percent.

1. Tony Lang says:

So does that mean a possible second season for for Terry & Hildy? The finale was a bit of a let down, but the rest was a breath of fresh air this summer.

2. Jared says:

The last minute of Hit the Floors finale had my jaw on the ground. Great season and happy for the renewal.

3. LK says:

I rather enjoyed Murder in the First.. hope it comes back for another season.

4. Whatevah says:

This is good news. I want Murder in the First to come back for another season. And of course I love Major Crimes.

5. JoyAnne says:

Darn I missed it. Will there be a repeat, Please!!

6. njartist says:

Murder in the First -really good show paired with Major Crimes. I hope that returns
    for next season. The final episode was great-loved that Blunt hung himself. This
    show has a chance to grow if TNT will renew it.

7. Erin2 says:

I have the same problem with “Murder in the First” as I do with other cop shows, and that is the way the police never lose!! Somehow, someway they magically always get their guy even after he beats them… no way a judge gives them warrant to tap his phones!

8. ChicagoDan says:

MITF started off kind of a mess (too much exposition on personal lives of Terry/Hildy), but it started to hit its stride between episodes 4-9, the finale was a bit disappointing because the ending was predictable. However, it’s worth a 2nd season with a new case.

9. GeoDiva says:

Hope this means we get another season of Murder In The First.

10. Ellen says:

The conclusion of Murder in the First was disappointing. Eric Blunt turned out to be a garden variety sociopath who, despite his brilliance, couldn’t outthink our heroes. Tom Felton deserves better.

11. Diane says:

Thanks for Murder In The First. The cast is great.

And thanks to the people that came up with the continuation idea for Major Crimes!! So glad to hear it’s coming back this November.

12. Katrina holman says:

I enjoyed the murder in the first very much it was very good roll thriller will suspense I love ty Diggs it was very good I’m glad it’s being renewed