Emmys

Emmy Poll 2014: What Should Win Best Reality-Competition Series?

Emmys Reality Competition Series Nominees

In nine of the 11 years that there’s been an Emmy award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Series, the statuette has gone to The Amazing Race.

And yet, as daunting as that statistic may sound, it’s worth noting that TAR has only reached the podium twice in the last four years. What’s more, its two vanquishers — 2010 champ Top Chef and 2013 winner The Voice — are once again in the hunt for Emmy gold.

RELATED Emmy Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

Rounding out the category are 10-time nominee Project Runway, nine-time nominee Dancing With the Stars, plus So You Think You Can Dance (seeking an initial win in its fourth attempt).

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine shows when the Emmys are handed out on Aug. 25? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

RELATED Emmy Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

Tomorrow through Friday, we’ll launch another daily “Who Should Win” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor!

1. webly3 says:

Survivor

2. richard says:

RuPaul’s Drag Race

3. Vlada says:

Dance and Cat D. all the way for the win!

4. MattArmando says:

DANCING WITH THE STARS had a very strong Spring season. Going with DWTS, even though it’ll probably be THE VOICE, or maybe RACE if VOICE winning last year was a fluke.
    SHOULD WIN: Dancing With The Stars
    WILL WIN: The Voice

5. Cindy says:

So You Think You Can Dance, hands down. Even if the thought of hearing Uncle Nigel gloat about it makes me cringe, this is far and away my favorite competition series.

• The Beach says:

Totally agree. The talent of both the dancers and the choreographers is top notch. Can’t stand Uncle Nigel though. How did Project Runway even score a nom? It’s been terrible for years.

6. Jan says:

Really hard to pick between SYTYCD and Amazing Race. Both excellent … and VERY different.

7. Tran says:

The Voice won last year and I hope it would do it again. The Amazing Race should win.

8. Alexander says:

I would have picked Survivor if it were nominated. Of these choices, I went with SYTYCD, which I barely watch. I only know that what little I saw was far better than any of the shows I have seen regularly, especially The Voice, which I gave up on midway through this season.

9. zaza says:

Dating Naked. Ha ha ha, just kidding!

10. Dan the critic says:

The Amazing Race is always the best

11. Marissa says:

I think MasterChef is one of the best reality competition shows on air right now, and this season of Last Comic Standing has been top-notch as well. I don’t understand why they don’t both get more coverage in general.

12. Kristina Palacios says:

I’m so over the dancing shows. B-O-R-I-N-G ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

13. Terry says:

Rising Star is so going to take the prize next year. LOL.

14. Joe says:

The Voice has won several times. I’ll choose Project Runway

15. Joe says:

Although Dancing with the Stars would be awesome. If the new reality show the Quest goes on for a long time it might be nominated next year.

16. Mariah Skye says:

The Voice has been my top choice in years past, but the new twists this past season, like promoting tasteless judge-feuding, pandering to Tweeters and East Coast Twitter voting, have dampened my enthusiasm. SYT showcases brilliant dancers, hot, fresh music. There’s nothing else like it on TV. Thanks, Mariah

17. J says:

The Amazing Race will win the Emmy! DWTS and SYTYCD? Will cancel each other out, PR and TC had sub-par season with mostly craziest cast they ever casted. And The Voice is seeing the risks other have air back to back seasons hurting their buzz as the singing Compentition show are now on the decline. With that, I say The Amazing race will win their 10th reality Compentition Emmy this year! Personally, Survivor should have been nominated and won this year! But I’ll settle with TAR winning once more.