Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss Addresses True Detective Casting Buzz

Elisabeth Moss True Detective

Elisabeth Moss is setting the record straight about rumors that she’s in talks to snag one of the four coveted lead roles in True Detective‘s closely-watched second season.

In a recent interview with USA Today, the Mad Men actress smiled when asked about the buzz, before telling the paper that she hasn’t been approached by HBO — at least “not in the way everyone is talking about… I had to ask my own people, ‘Have you not told me something?’”

RELATED TCA Awards 2014: Good Wife, OITNB, True Detective, Veep Among Winners

Moss isn’t perturbed by the headlines, however premature they may be. “For me as an actor who’s been in this business for over 25 years, it’s so flattering to be associated with that show,” she said. “[And] for anyone to think that I could be a part of that show.”

In mid-July, word spread that Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are reportedly in serious discussions to join Season 2. And earlier this month, we reported that Vince Vaughn is also eyeing one of the four lead roles.

At the Television Critics Association summer press tour last month, HBO president Michael Lombardo said a Season 2 casting announcement was imminent, adding, “[T]he two scripts we have are…more exciting than the first season.”

1. Tran says:

With Mad Men coming to an end in 2015, it would be great if Elisabeth Moss joins the cast of True Detective Season Two.

2. Coal says:

Zoey Bartlet ? Yes please. One day I will watch Mad Men

3. Yolanda says:

She cannot be on True Detective because of scheduling conflicts. When they start making TD she’ll be on the set of MM.

4. Tom McCown says:

More Elisabeth Moss on my tv? Yes please!

5. Their team of experienced garden designers create unique and distinctive indoor and outdoor gardens.
    Also, layering thegarden’s flower beds when planting to achieve a uniform or standardloook in the garden is a must.
    Owing to this, the attraction factor of a house can bbe
    enhanced to a much greater extent.

6. Rook says:

Yes to Moss and Kisch, Farrell I would be okay with. No to Vaughn!!!!

7. Aprilcot says:

I would love to see her on TD. I don’t watch Mad Men, but she was great in Top of the Lake. I’m not a big Colin Farrell fan, but he’s capable of great work. He was awesome in In Bruges. Taylor Kitsch won me over with his performance in ‘The Normal Heart.’ As for Vince Vaughn…I know a lot of people are up in arms, but I’m holding my judgment for now. His older work (pre dumb comedies) is pretty solid.

8. dee123 says:

I hope not. She is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated as an actress.

9. Luke says:

They need to set season two of true detective with older detectives. I’m thinking Tom Noonan and Jeff Bridges!!!

10. Luke says:

Viggo Mortensen and Billy Campbell!!!

11. Luke says:

Dennis Quaid and Kurt Russell!!!