Ratings: Rookie Blue, The Quest and Sweden Slip, Big Brother Ticks Up

MISSY PEREGRYM

Now that NFL-related and other preemptions — plus a Rookie Blue time slot switcherooni in some areas — have been taken into account, divided and subtracted, and the “1” has been carried, here is how Thursday’s Live+SD ratings shook out:

CBS | Big Brother drew 6.5 million total viewers and a 2.3 demo rating, adding a few eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo week-to-week. BB netted the night’s best demo rating, while a Big Bang rerun cashed in with the largest audience: 8.3 million.

RELATED Big Brother Recap: Double Trouble

ABC | The Quest (2.2 mil/0.6) was down 21 and 14 percent from its premiere, Rookie Blue (4.6 mil/0.8) fell two tenths and NY Med (5 mil/0.9) ticked down one tenth.

RELATED Rookie Blue Recap: Out of Time

NBC | The recently renewed Welcome to Sweden (2.2 mil/0.5) dropped 12 and 29 percent, while Working the Engels (1.9 mil/0.5) and Last Comic Standing (3.4 mil/1.0) each dipped one tenth.

1. Martoukian says:

Big Brother’s ratings should be pretty far off, since it was preempted in multiple places for preseason football. It came on here at 3am.

2. D says:

It didn’t help rookie blue in the central time zone that the president gave an emergency address to the nation that cut out 20 minutes of the middle. Also my dvr didn’t record I don’t know how many minutes of the end.

3. TinLV says:

My local ABC channel in Las Vegas opted to air pre-seaon football instead of Rookie Blue this week. I watched cable instead and caught up with Rookie Blue on Hulu the next morning, but still.. it was aggravating. I like sports, but do enough people really care about games that mean nothing to justify pre-empting a hit show that would have had better ratings ?:

4. sarah j says:

I am not sure why ABC is messing with Rookie Blue. It is such a good show. I really hope ABC does not cancel it!

5. herman1959 says:

Re: Welcome To Sweden, I’m wondering why/how some shows get renewed so fast (less than 5 episodes aired), not to mention getting renewed BEFORE airing (The Knick?). Maybe Matt, or anyone else, can enlighten me.

6. wgsecretary says:

Rookie Blue isn’t even airing in my area until Sunday afternoon. I already watched it on Hulu. But, that has to hurt ratings when some places aren’t even showing it until days later.

7. Maryann says:

My Thursday night shows are Defiance and Dominion on SyFy and Rush on USA, so network ratings really don’t matter to me on Thursday nights. I wonder how long it will be before ratings for major cable shows are reported along with network ratings for a more realistic comparison.