Watch Jenny McCarthy's View Farewell — Plus: Who Will Replace Her?

With almost no fanfare whatsoever, Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd‘s final (live) day as co-hosts of The View came and went on Thursday. Now, footage of the low-key farewell has hit the web.

RELATED Whoopi Goldberg Flips Out Over View Drama: ‘We Are Grown-Ass Women!’

Shepherd’s big goodbye speech will air during Monday’s pre-taped episode, so McCarthy was given the floor Thursday. She began by thanking her fellow co-hosts, then turned her attention — and the cameras — to producer Bill Geddie, who put up his best poker face during the emotional thank-you speech. (It’s OK. We all know he was crying on the inside.)

“My time here was short, but the memories and the lessons learned here will stay with me forever,” McCarthy said. “And for that, and to all you guys at home who supported me, I am truly so grateful. I only took a little time, but I most definitely enjoyed every second of The View.”

RELATED It’s Official! Rosie O’Donnell Returning to The View for Season 18

Now for the question on every View-er’s mind: Who will be sitting alongside Goldberg and O’Donnell next season? According to our sister site Deadline, the following personalities were chemistry-tested today:

* CNN’s Sunny Hostin, Ana Navarro and S.E. Cupp
* MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace
* Bloomberg TV’s Stephanie Ruhle
* ESPN’s Sage Steele and Jemele Hill
Good Day L.A.‘s Lauren Sanchez
* October Gonzalez, wife of former football player Tony Gonzalez (who, interestingly enough, has a child with Good Day‘s Sanchez.)

Who would you like to see at the table next season? Drop a comment with your top picks below.

1. Rob says:

Meghan McCain.

• BG says:

She’s already hosting a show on PIVOT and just moved to LA for that so I don’t think it’s going to happen….even though she would be the best addition

• Tom says:

A prime spot on one of the major five networks and an affiliation with ABC News trumps anything Pivot can offer.

• BG says:

I totally agree but she probably fell into the same trap Jeff Probst and Anderson Cooper did before her and entered into a multi year contract for another talk show right before their real dream job opened up (The View for her and Regis’ spot on Live with Regis and Kelly for Jeff and Anderson) and because of that contract she’s stuck at PIVOT until it’s up because they won’t let her out of it without a fight since its one of the few things they have going for them at the moment.

2. LabradoodlesAreCool says:

Goodbye and good riddance to the view’s resident dangerous anti-science nutter. As for a replacement, they could hire a Labradoodle and it would still have more reasoning power and common sense than McCarthy ever did.

3. Tran says:

Really have no idea who’s going to replace Jenny McCarthy on The View but I think this is the beginning of the end for The View and with Rosie coming back, ratings will plummet.

4. Yoki says:

Jemele Hill and Meghan McCain

5. Brandy says:

I’ve never even heard of any of those replacements.

• BG says:

Most of them are cable news contributors so unless you watch cable news religiously you wouldn’t know who they are…from what I read on deadline they are going for a more politically driven show, like it was when Rosie was first on, especially after they hired a new Executive Producer who used to work for MSNBC

• N says:

Agree! I never did either!

6. Steph says:

I really hope it’s not Sunny Hostin. She’s been on a lot lately (which makes me think she will get hired) and she drives me nuts.

7. Heathers says:

They are testing only left wing liberals?! Wow that oughtta make for an even bigger bitch fest, with all the screaming and yelling.

• KLT says:

Don’t know about any of the other candidates but SE Cupp and Nicole Wallace are both conservatives.

• BG says:

Anna Navarro is a conservative also…She has worked on John McCain and John Huntsman’s presidential campaigns… I would love it if Nicolle Wallace, Anna Navarro, and Sage Steele (with S.E. Chop running a close 4th) were hired I’ve liked all of them when they cohosted and with 2 conservatives it would be a more balanced discussion than before

• Temperance says:

Yeah, smart, well-read people have things to say… things with a factual basis, even. You might want to tune in and learn something instead of parroting 82% lies (yes, there was a study) FOX News.

• dancmh says:

Wow. It sounds like you don’t even know your own tribe of crazy. You should watch more Fox News.

8. Good riddance. Her misguided ant vaccine campaigning has taken children’s lives. Shame on any program that gave her a pulpit.

9. Tony Lang says:

“put your hands in the air like you just don’t care…”

10. Monique says:

Joy Behar and Mario Cantone

11. Dan says:

Rosie will chew up S.E. Cupp like a bad Happy Meal and defecate her out as Anne Coulter.

12. Sue M says:

Nicole Wallace – While we have differing political views, she is respectful, thoughtful and reasonable.

Please God – no S.E. Cupp!

13. Jack says:

Really, what is with the Rosie hate? Is it because she is a L E S B I A N ?

14. LABete says:

For conservatives I liked Nicolle and SE. I think they also need a liberal news person, though, since I feel like Whoopi and Rosie seem like the same person with the same cranky but (perhaps) likeable non-fact-based opinions. Plus a young comedienne would be nice since I don’t find anyone particularly funny or young.

15. nickels says:

Bill Rancin. Although he is a man, he seems informed, level headed, and entertaining.

16. Finlay says:

Thanks for finally writing about >[VIDEO] Jenny McCarthy: The View
    Goodbye Speech – Season 18 Replacements | TVLine <Loved it!