How to Get Away With Murder Poster Is Black-and-White and Red Alllllll Over

Prolific producer Shonda Rhimes has let loose with a first look at the poster for Shondaland’s latest wild ride, How to Get Away With Murder, and it is bloody intense.

RELATED How to Get Away With Murder EPs Defend Un-Tweetable Title, Tease an Unexpected Direction for Series

Murder (as we likely will be short-handing it) stars two-time Oscar nominee Viola Davis as Annalise Keating, a revered criminal law prof who lords over a course she affectionately dubs “How to Get Away With Murder,” choosing from her brightest students a select few to toil at her law firm. These star pupils, however, are put to a test for which no text book has an answer key, when a dead body lands at their collective feet.

Created by Shondaland vet Pete Nowalk, Murder will air Thursdays at 10/9c, leading out of Scandal, starting Sept. 25.

1. Tran says:

HTGAWM is destined to be a breakout hit for ABC. IN SHONDA WE TRUST

2. Jenna says:

Ha! Viola Davis & co. will give CBS a run for their money on Thursdays. When NFL Thursdays on CBS are over, I expect ABC to dominate, if not before.

3. Yolanda says:

I’d like to see Viola Davis in erotic thriller as a femme fatale. With all the nudity and stuff. I think she’d kill in such role! But because movie studios aren’t offering her such parts I have to watch her in this new TV show. Well, better that than nothing.

4. Juan says:

I am so beyond excited for this show.

5. Boiler says:

Not sure I get why this should be such a great show, just the title turns me off. Just me tho. I’ll stick with Elementary

• Sasha says:

Same, I’ll watch Elementary Live and maybe PVR this just to see how it is.

Love Johnny Lee Miller too much to stray.

LOL

6. KCC says:

I wonder why they don’t say “From the Executive Producers of Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy”. Grey’s has higher ratings both total and in the demo, plus Grey’s was the flagship show. Am I missing something?

• Anna says:

Maybe because this show will be more like Scandal than like Grey’s? (Also, totally off topic, but isn’t that the HIMYM-font? For some reason I think that’s kinda weird.)

• PBC says:

In terms of live rating Scandal has higher ratings and higher demos than Greys. I have no idea about DVDs when their added, but I do know its LIVE ratings is higher than Greys.

• Stacy says:

Because both shows star strong, attractive African American women, and Scandal runs repeats on BET so ABC is trying to replicate that success in that demographic. Also, Scandal is more of a twitter-trending show!

7. I am beyond excited for this. And I know I’m going to hate myself for loving another SR show but I just don’t care.