Comic-Con

Hayley Atwell Previews Agent Carter's 'Intense' 8-Episode Adventure

With a freshman run spanning just eight episodes, ABC’s Marvel’s Agent Carter stands to deliver a “contained, intense adventure” for its title character.

British actress Hayley Atwell promised as much during her visit to TVLine’s Comic-Con suite, where she also surveyed the rigorous physical, combat and stunt training ahead for her (ahead of the series’ September production start).

Having previously played plucky Peggy in two Captain America films as well as the Marvel One-Shot featurette packed into Iron Man 3 Blu-ray sets, Atwell also reveals why Agent Carter is a “dream project” and shared what she loves most about the circa-1940s, Howard Stark-appointed S.H.I.E.L.D. bigwig.

Marvel’s Agent Carter is due to premiere at midseaso0n, spanning Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’.s winter hiatus.

1. TVOnline says:

she’s pretty, but I have no interest in watching this. Will give it a shot but if it’s worse than AOS was for most of the season…

• Katherine215 says:

Did you see her in the Captain America movies? I haven’t seen the second yet, but I liked her character in the first and think this could be interesting.

• Ryan says:

She is not in the second CA film very much. Mostly made up as an old person, since the second move takes place in present time.

2. Drew says:

I am looking forward to this series. I am hoping that it will be removed enough from the Avengers movies to not just be a stupid Marvel infomercial, like Agents of SHIELD. Plus the short season could really work for it. Maybe ABC would be smarter to do a few eight episode Marvel shows per season, rather than a 22 episode season of SHIELD.

• Carla Krae says:

It takes place in the past, so it doesn’t have anything to do with Avengers movies except re: SHIELD history.

3. Rick Katze says:

Looking forward to this show. Hopefully it will look at the early origins of SHIELD. And it is a great way to breach the hiatus between the longer runs of the Shield.

4. Carla Krae says:

She has such a lovely voice to listen to. Love gent Carter. Can’t wait for this.

5. I really enjoyed the Agent Carter one-shot and I think this could be amazing. Especially if Neal McDonough is made a cast regular.

6. Thursday Next says:

I am so excited! Wooooo!

7. xander says:

She is so HOT!! Really looking forward to this myself.

8. JC1 says:

I loved Peggy Carter in the Captain America movie, so I’m really looking forward to this. I hope it does well.

9. c.stulz says: