Comic-Con

Under the Dome Stars Talk Penetration, Tease Finale's Literal (?) Cliffhanger

Over the course of the second half of Season 2, CBS’ Under the Dome will uncork big secrets about its titular mystery — and in a way that will propel the narrative into any possible third season.

RELATED Under the Dome Episode 5 Recap: Tunnel Vision

Visiting TVLine’s San Diego Comic-Con suite last week, Season 2 noob Eddie Cahill teased of the coming reveals, “The Dome is not as impenetrable as we thought,” perhaps alluding to the tunnel discovered in the latest episode. Cahill also said that the otherworldly barrier’s roots will be unearthed, dating back to Pac-Man and Donkey Kong era.

All told, the answers on the horizon, Mike Vogel says, will “broaden the world” of the TV series, as well as offer the people of Chester’s Mill at least the hope of escape.

RELATED TVLine’s Complete Comic-Con Coverage: Spoilers, Video Q&As, Hot Trailers and More

Also in this video Q&A: Rachelle Lefevre has an interesting reaction to Michael Ausiello’s inquiry about a possible “cliffhanger” finale (and warns of viewer reaction if there’s no Season 3), while Alexander Koch shares his thoughts on last year’s Comic-Con video, in which his costars brainstormed “grisly” ways for Junior to die.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Interviews, Scoop, Video

1. JJM says:

I think a trilogy series would be enough for this show. Don’t get me wrong, I like it, but this season just isn’t as good as one to put it bluntly. I’ll keep tuning it as I’m still interested, but I’m hoping a season three of 13 episodes to give a show a good conclusion. I mean, a season four would be interesting if the dome was down and they showed the characters getting back to normality with the dome being down.

• Zack Quinti says:

I made my escape from Under the Dome last week. Had to get out due to the writing.

• Moment says:

Well said, but I think your trilogy point would all but come to fruition should it be renewed. The numbers don’t suggest a long term future for the show. Any renewal will be its last.

2. Diane says:

I really like the cast. If it does get a third season, I think King should write more eps.

3. Jimmy says:

Now I’m kind of hoping for a season 3… If the season 2 finale leaves us without a satisfying ending to the show, then I’m going to be extremely disappointed if they don’t pick it up for one more season to tie everything up and end it.

4. Greg says:

This news has triggered me to take it out of Tivo. The show is so badly written and the fact that it might go on to Season 3 or that it might not and end with a cliffhanger, makes it totally not worth sticking around anymore.

• Moment says:

Poor mentality that. If you want another season, you stick around and support your show if you have a Nielsen box. It’s not pulling certain cancelation numbers but it’s not pulling good numbers either. Supporting the show and getting it to uptick a little would all but secure it a final season.

5. kate'shomesick says:

Is there more of the CSI NY cast left that might need a job :D…?

6. lori says:

Can’t take another season. I’m barely hanging on now by deciding its a comedy. We’ve made a drinking game for every time someone says Big Jim.

• Jimmy says:

LOL you should also create a drinking game for every time someone says “the dome told me to do it,” “I think the dome is trying to tell us something,” “what does it mean?” and “this is a test from the dome”… you’ll be smashed before the halfway point of the episode.