Arrow Targets Medium Actor to Play DC Comics' [Spoiler]

Arrow Season 3 Manhunter

Arrow has set its sights on another pivotal DC character.

Medium vet David Cubitt will guest-star in Season 3 of the CW hit as Mark Shaw, who is one of many to take on the name Manhunter in the comics, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED Arrow Casts Felicity’s Mother — For Real, or For Flashback?

Shaw appears in Episode 3 as an A.R.G.U.S. operative in Corto Maltese who crosses paths with Diggle. In the DC mythology, Mark has a connection to the Suicide Squad, with which Diggle (and Oliver) also has ties.

Cubitt’s other TV credits include Bates Motel and Robbery Homicide Division.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c.

1. Sparky says:

Is it Oct 8th yet?????

2. Moment says:

Another solid bit of casting for the show. I like that WB are putting money into this series, there’s huge potential in it.

Anyway I hope the EPs introduce the Green Lantern at some point. Perhaps in Season 4, maybe even as a backdoor pilot.

3. JC1 says:

Ok why do my comments disappear anytime I use the word Manh*unter?

4. At the rate the show is adding characters there’s hardly going to be any room for Oliver / Arrow. Enough already.

• Sammy says:

Yeah I thought the same. It feels like they are taking on too much. This is a show called Arrow and everything else should be minor.

• GildedRose says:

I sometimes worry about the same thing. Arrow is Oliver’s journey and sometimes it feels like they’re cramming in so much that Oliver will be lost in the shadows of all the other people (villains and other super heroes) they bring in. I’m hoping they focus more on their series regulars than the guests in season 3.

• Maya says:

How is this adding?
      having an actor appear on one or two episodes is hardly called adding. it’s a guest appearance, one which will probably won’t total more than 5 minutes of the episode air time.
      guest appearances are very common. honestly i’ve never seen anyone complain about it on any other show except when it is done on Arrow. you can’t keep your characters in a vacuum of only them for the entire duration of the show.

• Arsenal says:

When people complain about adding guest characters, it makes me wonder if Sara is somewhere in their subconscious like she is mine. She was the guest star who wouldn’t go away and kinda hijacked Season 2.

• Lena says:

Sometimes it works out, I guess. I read the character Felicity was temporary too. Now, we are stuck with her…and her lovely, kind fans. ;)

5. Joey Padron says:

Great casting. Glad they’re getting a bunch of good guest stars for season 3.

6. A says:

Another day, another pit of Arrow news… I love life! Keep it coming! Oct 8 is way too far away but all this news makes the waiting bearable.

7. Sarah says:

Ooooh. I liked him in Medium. Interesting! I am so excited for s3 of Arrow.

8. Jake says:

I am hoping this series (Arrow and The Flash) smash TVD and the Originals to the point of cancellation. Probably will never happen, but one can certainly dream.

9. Briggs says:

I’m so excited! David Cubitt! Oh, and I can’t wait to see what they do with his character. Probably won’t turn into a tall, green alien, but I’ve always loved J’onn J’onzz. Seeing as he (J’onn) always had problems being able to fully mimic human behavior, David’s monotone will be perfect for the role.

• Briggs says:

Got a little too excited, my apologies. Still super excited about David. Having read up, this is right up his alley, even if it wasn’t what I originally thought.