Quotes of the Week from Big Brother, Masters of Sex, Sharknado 2, The Fosters, Under the Dome and More!

quotes-of-the-week

The dog days of summer are upon us, but even in August, there’s still plenty of summer TV to enjoy!

To that end, we offer you TVLine’s Quotes of the Week, a collection of zingers, bon mots and retorts from the last seven days on the telly.

RELATED  Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got some method acting on Masters of Sex, a movie reference on Big Brother, a shocking realization on Witches of East End, double doses of Chasing Life and Mystery Girls and much more.

So click through our gallery (look for the button beneath the photo above, or CLICK HERE) for the latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed!

1. S. says:

Thank you for Dog with a Blog love. it’s one of my favorite shows and it’s nice to have it recognized

2. Sara says:

I would add one or two from Dominion to this list.

“I suppose the proof is always in the pudding, isn’t it?” ~Gabriel, who has a well established love of pudding, right before a big reveal involving a hidden higher angel.

Bonus quote: “Sanctify this vessel” ~Alex (added only because of all of the twitter pics and jokes that came during the cast live tweeting from how often this phrase was repeated)

3. Jerri says:

Oh c’mon! There’s at least one quote from Suits that’s uttered by Lewis Litt, no less, that’s even better than the one you guys picked.

• flutiefan says:

Right? I thought that was an odd choice. In fact, many of these are odd choices.

• Riandy says:

Louis is a walking quote machine and when being paired with Katrina, they’re just super hilarious.

Katrina : If I were ever going to be attracted to you, now would be the time……
      Louis : ………..And don’t ever talk about being attracted to me again.It creeps me out.

4. MariaD says:

On So You Think You Can Dance, Christina Applegate had the two winning comments of the evening: “Shut your face, Travis!” and evening’s winner (to the guys after their group dance): “Your boobs are showing. Pull up your tube tops.” I heart Christina Applegate as one of the best judges on this show.

5. Lizo says:

Was reading this gallery on my iphone and I had FOUR pop up ads that automatically opened the AppStore or iTunes without me clicking on an ad. I really don’t appreciate this tvline.

• I’ve had this happen to me too, several times over the past few months. Just opened the App Store up, making me think that I brushed my thumb over something (my touchscreen can be a bit sensitive at times). At first I thought it was my phone but after a while I realized it was just when I was reading something on TVLine. Very annoying.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

We have looked into this extensively and unfortunately it is a user-end issue not related to TVLINE but a malicious tracking cookie born of some gaming app out there. Try clearing your cache and cookies. Hope this helps.

6. Angela says:

I love John Oliver (and man, did we need that story about the geckos, because that whole discussion on nuclear facilities on last week’s show was…terrifying. Worthwhile reporting, but…YIKES).