Comic-Con

Witches of East End Cast Talks Monster Sex, Frillian's 'Hot' Future and a Possible Ingrid/Dash Connection

When the cast of Lifetime’s Witches of East End stopped by TVLine’s suite at San Diego Comic-Con, they wanted to make one thing clear: Everybody’s getting lucky in Season 2. (Except Victor, of course.)

RELATED Exclusive: Witches of East End Recruits Chuck’s Sarah Lancaster for ‘Mysterious’ Role

Now, first thing’s first: Eager fans will get plenty of Frillian action throughout the rest of the season, even if it isn’t how they might expect it.

“It happens in all different forms,” teased Jenna Dewan Tatum. (Spoiler alert: There’s a spicy flashback scene next Sunday, and it’s so good that Daniel di Tomasso couldn’t even talk about it. Brace yourselves.)

RELATED Witches of East End Post Mortem: EP Explains Ingrid’s Sex Monster and More

Meanwhile, Ingrid will continue to have nighttime fun with the Mandragora and his many, many tentacles — a plot point that got Dewan Tatum’s seal of approval right off the bat.

“Jenna gave me some very good advice when we were testing the makeup for the Mandragora,” Rachel Boston recalled. “She just looked [him] up and down and goes, ‘Just have fun!'”

The cast also discussed a possible Ingrid/Dash connection — Boston said their characters are “drawn together in many different ways” — as well as what the future holds for Wendy and “Herb Boy.”

Hit PLAY on the interview above, then drop a comment below: What are your hopes for the love lives of East End‘s finest in Season 2?

1. chaouad says:

i’m not feeling Ingrid and Dash to be honest.

• Ian says:

I agree. And ummm, DASH BE EVIL NOW.

I loved the ladies all in the front though, and Rachel and Jenna holding hands. It’s obvious they’ve all gotten close, and that’s one of the things I love most in shows, when the casts are like a family.

And I definitely always felt the same as all of them about the Mandragora as soon as I saw him. That monster’s hot.
      And Freddie’s going to have to come back at some point. Wendy and this new guy have a bit of chemistry, but my heart is set on her and Bug Man. That’s Freddie Prince Jr with salt/pepper hair and chiseled abs, mkay hunty?

• Skittles&Bits says:

Same here mostly b/c Dash is a lying, sick, control freak with anger issues and I don’t want Freya (and her ability to attract danger) anywhere near him especially since she’s packing so much unknown power as the Key. That and them hooking up would be weird seeing as Dash was *this* close to marrying her sister. I really hope the writers keep it a mentorship/friendship and nothing more.

2. I think i like Ingrid/Dash better than Frillian. Bit more unexpected.

• Sarah says:

Yeah, I like them! Dash’s character came alive, and more round this season and it has a lot to do with turning dark, plus he has this funny moments with Ingrid even in the most serious situations, so that is also great. He is much more fun than the first season.

3. Ray says:

Andy!! Major spoiler alert in the blurb there about Victor. Please correct.

4. Jake says:

I love Mädchen Amick. I think she is brilliant in this..I hope Wendy gets some of her nine lives back.

5. KB says:

I like Dash and Ingrid together! Of course he will end up evil and that would be the end of it…..unless she saves him!

• Jenny says:

Except for Ingrid was with his grandfather (Matthew Del Negro’s character) and he was evil and she had NO problem with that. In fact, she was pretty evil herself

6. kate'shomesick says:

I haven’t seen the show yet…might check it out. This interview definitely makes it seem as if the left-one and the guys aren’t in the clique :D

• Ray says:

The one on the left is Julia Ormond, the Emmy award winning “star” of the show. She sure does seem disinterested for someone who has top billing! That might explain why she seems to phone in her performance half of the time. It’s a shame, because she great in Legends of the Fall.

• Claire says:

I think julia just looks really tired. I don’t think she’s disinterested. I still think she is a great actress in this and every thing else. It must’ve been a long day for all of them being under lights and in front of cameras and having questions fired at them. I think I’d look like her too. Bless her

• Jenny says:

I’m sure they are all tired and under stress, but she’s a actress. she could have at least mustered up some type of enthusiasm. But instead she actually look kinda annoyed.

• chaouad says:

actually she’s very shy its not that she thinks she’s better than comic con or bored its just who she is.

• ChrisGa says:

I’ve always thought Julia Ormond was the weakest link in an otherwise great cast; I could watch Madchen Amick read the phone book all day and be happy. She makes EVERYTHING better.

• Tim says:

Maybe if the reporter would have asked Julia a question she might have felt like she could join in the conversation.

• Andy Swift says:

Hi Tim! I asked Julia about the “upcoming” death, but the video was posted after it happened, so we cut that question out. She was very much a part of the conversation.

• Lauren says:

If you follow the gals on twitter, they said they werent bored but exhausted https://twitter.com/auntwendythecat/status/495444983265370114

• Claire says:

Yayyy, im dead chuffed. It was me she replied too. Its a pity they cut out julias question tho. I think id be knackered after a long day answering questions, being pushed from pillar to post and standing under hot lights all day. I wish people weren’t so negative all the time x

7. Pat says:

You mentioned that a flashback scene will be shown this Sunday. My cable TV Guide is showing that 27 Dresses is on for 2 hours and after that at 10 PM is the Lottery. So we will not see this show until next Sunday. I am a little mad that they are delaying Witches of East End just to accommodate 27 dresses which I do not watch.

8. LOL Julia Ormand looks so bored. You should have asked her a Question Andy :)

Cant wait for Frillian! And i actually dont mind Dash and Ingrid!

9. I am alllll for Dash and Ingrid!!! Way more into it than Frillian. I liked Wendy with Freddie Prinze’s character way more.

10. I LOVE everything WOEE comes up with except the idea that the Mangadora is doing anything sexual. I don’t mind the creature but tentacle creepy stuff just ain’t sex to me! HA LOL