Did The Strain Infect Voldemort? Is Teen Wolf a Big Bad Tease? Another Sharknado Fish Story? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Strain, Falling Skies, Teen Wolf and Finding Carter!

Falling Skies1 | Will Girl Meets World ever allow us insight into Riley and Topanga’s daughter/mother bond? And why is Riley so comfortable calling her teacher “daddy” in school?

2 | Really, Falling Skies product integration? A gleaming jar of Hershey’s Kisses in the middle of the otherwise organic, post-apocalytpic commune?

RELATED Spoilers on NCIS, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Longmire, Castle and More

3 | Does it feel like Big Brother’s Frankie is the product of a secret factory that manufactures reality-TV contestants?The Strain

4 | Doesn’t The Strain‘s Thomas Eichorst look just like Voldemort? And as far as gross-out “effects,” can the show possibly ever top the rocker’s loss of his… manhood?

5 | How infuriating was it to watch The Leftovers‘ Laurie get thisclose to talking… but still never utter a sound throughout the whole episode? Also, were you able to keep your eyes open during Gladys’ gruesome death?

6 | Is The Last Ship’s John Pyper-Ferguson currently playing one of TV’s most annoying characters?

7 | How many times does The Lottery have to stress the importance of fertilized embryos?Major Crimes

8 | Did Luke Perry’s Major Crimes character stop for a shave on his walk down the hall to taunt the murder suspect?

9 | What was the point of Teen Wolf introducing Kate Argent as one of this season’s Big Bads if they’re only going to feature her in every other episode?

RELATED Teen Wolf Cast Howls at Coyote Sex Specifics, Previews New Romance and Evolving Creature Effects

10 | Was it hard to buy Jerry Larry Terry Jim O’Heir as a mean Switched at Birth dad?

11 | What is with The Fosters‘ dramatic, Law & Order-esque sound after each act break? How do we make it stop?

12 | How has Pretty Little Liars‘ Caleb not noticed Hanna’s drinking problem?

Chasing Life13 | Now that Leo’s tumor is operable on Chasing Life, does that mean we won’t have to say goodbye to Scott Michael Foster? Or would that be cheating the seriousness of his illness?

14 | Did anyone else think Finding Carter‘s Gabe switched his affections to Taylor pretty quickly? Also, when will Lori explain why she took Carter?

15 | As much as we love Ricky on So You Think You Can Dance, isn’t he the focus of the group numbers a little too often?

RELATED Sharknado 2 Takes Much Bigger Chomp Out of Ratings, Up 180% Vs. Original

16 | One more Sharknado 2 question to add to the list, from the mind of an industry colleague (TV Guide Magazine’s Damian Holbrook): What time was that Mets game, if Fin raced to it so soon after arriving in NYC on a red-eye?

17 | Did Suits almost fool you, telegraphing that Louis’ “wish” would be the obvious — getting Mike back — only to have him (briefly) settle for extra vacation days and such?

18 | Is Johnny’s side of this larger Graceland arc putting you to sleep?

19 | We “get” that The Talk‘s mostly female live audience needs to cheer for every hot male celebrity — but wasn’t their enthusiasm for Zac Efron discussing a stint in rehab just poor taste?The Quest

20 | Does The Quest‘s Crio remind you of Xena‘s Joxer?

RELATED ABC’s The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)

21 | Does any Defiance fan out there have the foggiest idea yet what the jek Irisa’s flashbacks are about?! And hasn’t Doc Yewll been on fire with the one-liners? A blushing Indogene!

22 | Wasn’t Dominion‘s naked slap-fight in the shower a bit much? Also, how great was the reveal that Noma is a higher angel?

23 | How crazy is it that Covert Affairs star Kari Matchett’s doppelganger, Katherine LaNasa, also wound up on a USA Network show, Satisfaction?

24 | Will there be a very special episode of Rush that explains how he handles tax season, running an all-cash/no receipts business and all? And has Harry Hamlin (Rush, Shameless, Veronica Mars) replaced Treat Williams (Chicago Fire, White Collar, Everwood) as TV’s go-to dad?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Kirsten Cardwell says:

Pretty sure Caleb hasn’t noticed Hannah’s drinking since he is doing it right along with her!

• Stacey says:

Agreed. He is the one who is egging on her drinking or started it in the first place added with him also drinking! Giving her beer or alcohol at times, so is it any wonder she’s doing it more on her own!

2. klynn1075 says:

“How crazy is it that Covert Affairs star Kari Matchett’s doppelganger, Katherine LaNasa, also wound up on a USA Network show, Satisfaction?” I thought the same thing last night. I was thinking they should do a show or movie together and play sisters.

3. Tricia says:

I want Leo to stick around so badly, but he has to die. It’s a show about cancer, if they can’t kill him then we’ll never believe for a second that April is really in danger.

Plus, think how good his deathbed scene will be.

• johnhelvete says:

I agree. It is more important for the show to deal with cancer in a credible way than keeping a great character alive for a “ship” or because the character is great. Viewers need to feel that it is possible that the series ends with the death of April because there are no guarantees in real life for people with Leukemia, why should April be guaranteed to survive.

4. bar says:

That’s the way Teen Wolf sets up its plot lines all the time. At the end of S1, Jackson is bitten and for the longest time we don’t really think anything of it because he isn’t shown changing and in S2 they immediately began hyping up the threat of Allison’s grandfather. At the end of S2, the Alpha Pack was revealed, but they were the lesser seen/less important antagonists to Jennifer/the Darach. At the end of 3A, the “darkness” that resulted from Scott, Stiles and Allison having to die and then come back was hinted on, but that didn’t really manifest until the end of 3B when Stiles is revealed to be possessed by the nogitsune. So at the end of 3B when Kate was revealed to be alive still, I had no doubt whatsoever that she’d being playing second-fiddle, at least at first, to a different threat (in this case, the deadpool).

5. Bwhit says:

#18- I would say it is Jakes that I could do without! He is useless to the story and a real downer. I am liking this new depth to Johnny and enjoy his character a lot more this season.

6. Daisy says:

6. No. I like his positive attitude in the face of all the grumpiness. I still think he’s up to something though.
    9. Kate, however, I dislike intensely. The less Kate the better.

7. Ian says:

4. The Strain is actually a lot campier than I expected. It’s got some nice chilling horror moments sometimes, but it also feels hardly watchable with the hypocritical repetitive dumbness of Eph’s marriage storyline and the high camp factor.
    9. And I love Kate! So effing much. But I think they’re using her sort of sparingly to keep her a bit of a mystery until the puzzle pieces get closer to coming together. And trailer edits come off a bit one-dimensionally, because I’m sure she’ll be sticking around for longer than a typical Big Bad can.
    10. Haha, I know. Tank’s dad did look too sweet to be that mean. And all that scene really did was remind me how much I miss Daniel Roebuck playing the dad of another one of Max Adler’s characters…
    11. I love that sound.
    13. I agree that Leo should die, but on the other hand, I really don’t want it. They’ll have to find a way to keep the stakes feeling real, and right now, the only thing I can think of would be to kill off another main character if they want to keep Leo.
    14. Finding Carter is starting to bore me now, actually. The premise made for a good pilot, but the musical chairs style incestuous group of teenagers thing is so gross and tired.
    21. Nope, no clue what Irisa’s flashbacks are really about yet, except that she’s possibly a clone? Not really feeling the chemistry between her and Robin Dunne either, so… hopefully the mystery’s really good.
    22. And yeah, the slap fight just kind of seemed gratuitous, but also I guess was to emphasize his and Noma’s history to make her reveal all the more shocking. And that reveal was brilliant. Dominion’s turned out to be quite the great show. I’m excited for the next couple episodes and how epic a season finale there must be in store. And I will need an intense Tom Wisdom sex scene this season. My god, that man is just… He puts me in heat.

8. 12- I think he’s encouraging it. He’s changed too!

9. Coal says:

18. Yes its starting to bore me. It is as if someone decided that the entire cast needs to be bordering on depression this season also that they should all be in some ill-fated love angle. Is USA trying to me more like FX, but turning out to be like The CW ?

10. Cyndi says:

#4 SOO disgusting! #6 YES! I’m glad I’m not the only one. What exactly IS his purpose??

11. Ryan says:

#23 – not as weird as Piper-Perabo-doppleganger Amy Jo Johnson showing up on the SAME SHOW.

12. Kelli says:

24–I always thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan was TV’s go-to-dad.

13. sarah j says:

12)Caleb has not noticed because he is drinking just as much as her
    17) Yes they almost did fool me!
    18)No, I am enjoying all of Graceland

14. Elaine says:

4. Absolutely agree. Also, from the short view we’ve had of the Dracula character (or whatever we call him)….. he actually looks like the classic Nosferatu … at least so far.
    6. John Pyper-Ferguson’s character = not annoying, though not exactly interesting either.
    19. I wish TV talk shows would just not have people to make the audience clap all the time … it’d be much more interesting if audiences would clap when they feel like it’s warranted, not when they’re following the lead of some show employee (i.e. Suzanne on The Wendy Williams Show… though kudos to Wendy for specifically asking her audience to clap for how they really feel on occasion).

15. Jax says:

#6 – YES! He is extremely annoying to the point that I have started to fast forward any scene he is in where he speaks more than two words. I keep hoping that they find out he is secretly a bad guy so they can get rid of him.
    #11 – Huh. Not sure what you are talking about. I’ll have to start paying attention.

16. JoeTV says:

#6. I actually really enjoy John Pyper-Ferguson’s character as he brings something different to the show, compared to various navy personnel. Also, the episode where he is on the small boat with the other main characters getting the monkeys was one of my favourites.

17. Lizo says:

#6 The Last Ship; he’s not so much as annoying as he is useless and boring. Plus, I really don’t care about the forced romance angle between him and the Doctor. It’s uncomfortable and detracts from the larger story. I’d rather see the Doctor interact with other people.

18. 6. I’m getting more of a sinister vibe coming from him. Sure, he’s hitting on the doctor but it seems clear she is not into it.

19. MissMel says:

#14: “Also, when will Lori explain why she took Carter?”.

The answer to this is “Probably not any time soon”. Obviously that has been set up as one of the big mysteries of the show. They aren’t going to solve it for you in the 4th episode. I imagine if the show is renewed, it will be a clff-hanger reveal at the end of the season, with next season dealing with the fall-out of it.

20. Luli says:

I need more Topanga, and more Cory and Topanga moments…..

21. adam says:

#14 Is it just me or does anyone else find Gabe to be incredibly annoying. I don’t like him for some reason, whenever he’s on screen i wish he would go away. It might have something to do with the way he had a somewhat stalker attitude with Carter, completely ignored Taylor or when he was debating the significance of a kiss with Carter, well Carter and Bird were starting to fight in the hall. Anyway I actually liked that he switched his interest to Taylor, so i could see her reject him.

22. Tracy says:

#16 Actually Fin didn’t rush to the Mets game immediately after the crashed redeye “landed” – crash landing, press conference, waiting for April to get out of surgery, spending time with April, unknown amount of time before he talks to his sister, and then Fin rushed to the Mets game.

23. kirads09 says:

21 – Doc Yewell is the best ever. Love her. She could make your quotes of the week – every week. You are spot on about Irisa’s visions. Have they forgotten Christie’s pregnancy?

24. Natasa Timea says:

I think that Leo will go through with the operation but he won’t remember April. I think it would be a cheap move but it’s likely they will do that because he is kind of the best character on the show. I really don’t want him to die. But they kind of have to kill him off if they want to be realistic but if they want to serve the fans and be a little realistic too than they will have to make him forget April.

25. Bri says:

6. I’m convinced he’s a bad guy! Not Taliban does not mean good guy!
    12. Caleb hasn’t noticed because he’s busy drinking away his Ravenswood memories.

26. Renaak says:

#2 – Last season they traded Hershey bars like money while in Charlotte, so this isn’t new.

27. 12 – I was thrilled to learn that Caleb was returning, but it’s ridiculous to think we would buy that he’s done a complete personality swap. I get that we’re supposed to believe the events of Ravenwood left him a changed man, but he’s not even recognizable.

18 – I’m just happy to see Johnny have a storyline. He’s too good of a character to have him continue being a glorified chauffeur for his housemates.