NBC Renews Undateable for Season 2

Undateable Ratings

Exactly four weeks after NBC aired the final episodes of Undateable‘s first season, its star and executive producer took to Twitter with some very good news: Danny and the gang are coming back for a second season.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Chris D’Elia was the first to share the comedy’s Season 2 renewal, which TVLine has confirmed:

Executive producer Bill Lawrence quickly followed that up with his own version of the good news:

Undateable premiered outside of May sweeps to 3.8 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, marking the best-rated summer comedy launch for any Big 4 network in five years. In a recent TVLine poll, 87 percent voted in favor of renewal.

This marks the second new NBC summer series to earn a renewal, following the medical drama The Night Shift.

But will D’Elia’s Danny really get a spaceship in Season 2? We’ll just have to wait and find out. Until then, SLOW-MOTION CELEBRATION!

1. TV Gord says:

Very happy about this! I just re-watched some episodes this morning, lamenting that it would probably not be back. Now, it is, and I’m happy!

2. steven says:

They shouldn’t have canceled Camp. That was a REAL summer show.

3. Saabgirlatx says:

Great news! Loved this show, it was hysterical. Could stand on its own for a full season, not just summer!!!!

4. Rosa says:

yay! it’s about time SOMETHING got renewed for once!

5. sw says:

Undateable, just another crappy show they made up to try and desensitize America to gays and their lifestyle

• Andy says:

There’s one gay character on the show and he’s a supporting character with less screen time than the straight ones. Also, when he does have screen time, very little is it about his homosexuality. You’re argument is invalid.

• David4 says:

The gay lifestyle of spreading love and not hatred? Such a horrible thing to spread!

• Jill says:

And here you on a website founded by an openly gay married man, and so is Michael Slezak. Wrong site for you to be making this type of comment on.

• Thilia says:

This is another crappy comment try to desensitize America to the ignorant idiots and their lifestyle. Stop SW we see your arrogant agenda. Not cool.

6. Tran says:

Don’t know if the upcoming second season of Undateable will debuted during mid-season or next Summer.

7. Coal says:

Kudos to NBC, they really gave a stellar Summer line up.

8. jenna says:

really happy about this! Hoping for more ron funches and brent morin’s angelic voice and LESS ‘baby bird’ …. that got old real fast with the double episode premiere

• Doug Mac says:

More Funches and D’elia is always a good thing

• Jill says:

I cringe every time Chris says “baby bird”. If they could drop that, I’d be happy

• Ugh says:

Amen to that. So annoying.

• Ugh says:

This is a show where I love all of the supporting players, but really hate the main character. I don’t know if it’s because most of the supporting guys are comics and do a better job at improving or what, but they are hilarious. Danny is just a condescending jerk.

• Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

Chirs D’elia is a stand up comic too. His routines are very similar to his character in this show.

• TV Gord says:

He’s also close to the character he played on Whitney last season. I’m glad that NBC realized his talent and found another vehicle for him. Sure, he may not be a likeable character (which I find interesting), but how many of us know a guy just like him! (I like that he calls his roomie, “Baby Bird”, by the way.

9. Tree says:

Why? I gave this show every chance. A couple episodes showed promise but the rest was unwatchable. Plus how is Night Shift drama? I love it but because it is funny!

10. CJ says:

OMG! That’s a bit of a surprise, but a pleasant one, to be sure. I’m so excited to have a second season of this show to look forward to and I hope more people can discover it it in the meantime.

11. Joey Padron says:

Happy show got renewed for season 2! First season was really good and funny.

12. Coal says:

I also think NBC would have been better served if it made Believe a Summer show. That reminds, I still have to watch the last couple of episodes.

13. Kait says:

Yessss! I hope they re-air the episodes they were seemingly “burning off” so that more people see them. This works as a summer show. I oddly like that you could tell they’re laughing at eachother, but hoping the Shelley character finds a new way to say lines, “baby bird” isn’t thrown around as much, and, my probably less popular opinion, that Danny’s (ex)girlfriend gets fired and goes away

• Coal says:

I also loved the fact that you could see the cast was genuinely laughing at each other. Its great to see actors enjoying themselves on screen and it makes for great viewing.

• Kait says:

Yes! I love that! It oddly doesn’t take away from the scenes like you think it would, say, written on paper, it’s very genuine. It works with this show

14. eddie says:

this show should have never aired in the summer. Bill lawrence is a comedy genius.

15. meatwad says:

so glad to hear this. its one of the few shows that makes me laugh out loud during every single episode

16. Hi to all, the contents existing at this web site are truly remarkable for
    people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.

17. Leslie Sibigtroth says:

18. linda says:

There is no difference between this show and any of the many fall comedies NBC has cancelled due to “low” ratings. NBC should just have summer comedies instead of fall comedies and the dramas they cancel should be saved for summer run new episodes before they officially get cancelled.

19. KC says:

Why? This show is terrible!!!!

20. I am so happy to hear this. This show makes me laugh harder than any other on TV right now (even more than TBBT). Can’t wait for season 2!!

21. R says:

Good news. It’s an alright show I guess but I can’t stand Chris D’Elia so I stopped watching after episode 3

22. katie says:

Seriously!??! That show blew a$$! And yet the cancel both MJF AND Sean Hayes’ shows? For reelz NBC?!!?

23. Liz says:

Whitney was so much better than this sitcom. I can’t believe they cancelled that show and let this one live for another season.

24. Matty says:

I like the show; but with that said, it needs some major tweaks to make it work. I would flesh out all of the characters; I would dump a few of the supporting guys and I would get Bianca Kajalich’s character more involved.

25. Claudia says:

NBC renewed this and cancelled Community? Seriously?!

• TV Gord says:

I would sacrifice Undateable for a few more seasons of the incredible Community, but ratings are ratings. At least Greendale Community will continue online! It’s NBC’s loss, prestige-wise, if not profitabilty-wise..

26. New Balance 410 Pas Cher New Balance 373 XyNvP Nel frattempo, in una scena molto divertente, creato theSchrute palestra per i muscoli, con il primo cliente
    a Daryl. A prima vista, la palestra come qualcosa di 1850h,
    o cinque, completo di taglio di stagno, ghiaia accovacciata
    pallido e oscillare un ascia stazioni. New Balance 890 V2 New Balance 373 TZeXh Pulito, il personale era molto attento,
    gentile e cordiale. Ho avuto una brutta esperienza con il mio ultimo appartamento, mi sento
    molto fortunato a trovare questo posto. new Balance 890 v2 New Balance Rose QJkhj
    Ci sono poche esperienze più emozionanti che per rintracciare e catturare un coccodrillo selvaggio nel bel
    mezzo della notte, su un fiume nel cuore della giungla centroamericana.
    Dopo alcuni minuti, pallido luce Lamanai Outpost in vellutato buio e l’unica luce era una lampada alogena albero brillante sulla parte anteriore della barca.
    New Balance 374 New Balance Store Lzjzr Avevamo un mix perfetto di HighQuality e lavorare sui
    miei piedi. Escursioni ottimo lavoro (e Merrell Trail Glove
    è ora sostituita da Spyridon però) Parkour
    abbastanza per essere utilizzata al posto entrambi
    i piedi sui presa e movimento biomeccanica di arti marziali abbastanza
    per essere vicino al terreno per me e ho dovuto assicurare che
    la presa non è abbastanza bolle. New Balance Vintage New Balanc
    oMxdO Il suo predecessore era davvero decisioni molto boneheaded fatte da un cattivo azionisti Payless
    e clienti, Susquehanna Financial Group, ha dichiarato John Shanley.

Egli ha sottolineato la decisione di rimuovere i prodotti
    popolari e alla modernizzazione del sistema di computer in Sud America per aprire una catena di negozi, invece di scarso rendimento utilizzando i flussi di cassa..

New Balance 320 New Balance 470 CvxZU Michael Kors è nato il 5 agosto 2009, a Long Island a New York City.

E ‘stato nominato Karl Anderson Jr., che prende
    il nome di Karl Ande. New Balance Rose New Balance Beige zVjMf Anche
    se non così popolare come lo erano un anno o due fa, jeans skinny riempie ancora alte finestre catena retail,
    con più sottile raccordo jeans standard, generalmente ancora molto importante, ma un taglio di jean ha regolarmente dormito ben noti attraverso le varie regolazioni della moda: bootcut i jeans.

Come spesso accade, è in voga in gran parte governato da ciò che le celebrità sembrano buone, e per fortuna hanno portato i loro jeans bootcut spesso negli ultimi anni..

New Balance Minimus Mt10 New Balance 574 Green WfawE Ma penso che il linguaggio di questa scarpa set,
    mette piede letto ammortizzazione ispirato
    i contorni della pelle e rimuovere la linea Adidas adiPRENE e dimostrare che una scarpa facile da
    incontrare. Anche un po ‘più fresche caratteristiche suola in gomma sneakerish
    patrimonio.

27. Eric says:

Chris is refereferring to getting a spaceship in real life with royalty money.