Ratings: Taxi Brooklyn Hits Highs Vs. Sharknado 2, While Extant Stabilizes

Taxi Brooklyn High Ratings

NBC’s Taxi Brooklyn ain’t afraid of no sharknado, this Wednesday taking along 5.6 million total passengers paired with a 1.1 rating, up 6 percent and a tenth to hit series highs.

Putting some gas in Taxi‘s tank, America’s Got Talent did 10.6 mil and a 2.2, adding a few eyeballs but down two tenths in the demo week-to-week.

RELATED Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic

(UPDATE: Sharknado 2 numbers are now in, for Simon Jester and the rest of you.)

RELATED Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut

Over on CBS, Big Brother (6.5 mil/2.2) dipped a tenth and tied AGT for the nightly demo win, while Extant — leading out of a Criminal Minds rerun (4.7 mil/1.1) — christened its new 10 pm time slot with 5.9 mil/1.1, down 9 percent in audience yet steady in the demo (after consecutive weeks of declines).

RELATED So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It’s Just Emotions, Taking Me Over

Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (3.5 mil/1.1) shed a few viewers but was steady in the demo… ABC’s Motive (3.5 mil/0.7) ticked up a tenth…. Penn & Teller: Fool Us (1.8 mil/0.5) gave The CW its second-most watched summer premiere ever, trailing only Whose Line.

1. Can’t wait for ABC comedy Wednesday to premiere in the Fall. Solid comedies all night. (Hopefully, Black-ish is good). How long has it been since an 8:30 comedy built on its 8:00 lead-in. That is how you know you have a strong night going.

2. Lizo says:

I’m glad Taxi Brooklyn is doing okay. I started watching knowing full well it was going to get cancelled. I won’t get my hopes up, but you never know eh.

• Moment says:

It’s a European produced series, NBC has no part in it’s funding and it should be fairly cheap for the network. The numbers aren’t that awful for a summer NBC show. I’m fairly confident should it be renewed in France, NBC will pick it up again.

• Grey says:

Or if worse comes to worse you can stream it from Amazon (or some place such as). That’s been the case with “Crossing Lines.” Another European production NBC aired last summer (?) that got renewed in Europe but wasn’t picked up again by NBC.

• Vlada says:

it is already renewed in france, and numbers are not bad…so, i guess, maybe it will be back next summer

• Lizo says:

Oh I had no idea it was a French production (shame on me haha). Oh that makes me hopeful then. Many Canadian shows are picked up here and then carried in the US because they are so cheap. My hopes have been raised for a season two!

3. Dean says:

Cbs really does have the worst luck with scifi shows. jericho, intelligence now extant. Shows are well written just they have little to no audience.

• Moment says:

If it were a generic cop show, it’d pull almost double these numbers. Nevermind though, it’s just one of those things, plenty of half decent shows have rated awfully and have ended after a season, while less deserving ones survive.

• Hank Voight says:

Its scifi shows in general half of the stuff that got cancelled this year were scifi tomorrow people, revolution, starscrossed, almost human. But there have been a few exceptions POI for starters and a few on cable like falling skies and that canadian made show with the girl from criminal minds season 6.

• Dean says:

You mean Continuum?

• Moment says:

It concerns me that they haven’t renewed that show yet. I can’t be the only one thinking the longer this drags out, the more chance Shaw Media will just say its canceled.

• Dean says:

Didn’t haven and Lost Girl also take forever to reach renewal decisions in their early years? I know the continuum ratings in america have been consistant but in the end the neighbours up north have the final say.

• Moment says:

I wish I knew what Showcase and Shaw Media were thinking regarding the show. The wait is pretty bad, no one really seems to know if it’s coming back or not. Speaking of the other two shows you mentioned, I’m pretty sure for the most part Lost Girl and Haven had fairly quick renewals, besides the S5 announcement of Haven from Syfy.

• Claudia says:

Historically scifi shows have always been seen as a niche market for TV. Having a place for that niche market was, imo, what many thought the original SciFi network would be, but ultimately turned out not to be.

• Eklok says:

For the most part, Sci Fi Net/Syfy outgrew its purpose the moment they started going for fantasy in its later year, especially after the rebrand and they do kinda match well with sci-fi shows. Plus, I’ve noticed Syfy has taken up the mantle of its old sister network G4, as far as absorbing its displaced audience is concerned, from Wil Wheaton Project to Heroes of Cosplay.

Hence the tagline: Imagine Greater

• Grey says:

Yeah, but “Jericho” was actually good. LOL.

4. Simon Jester says:

Using Sharknado as clickbait even though there are no ratings available doesn’t smack of desperation AT ALL.

5. Coal says:

The Night Shift and Taxi Brooklyn the breakout shows on network tv for the Summer ? I think so. I think NBC has found a winning formula, reality show lead in a-la The Voice to The James Spader Show and now Americas Got Talent to Night Shift and Taxi.

6. Janet Berger says:

I love Taxi Brooklyn…great chemistry, sure hope it doesn’t get ancelled!

7. Janet Berger says:

I love Taxi Brooklyn…great chemistry, sure hope it doesn’t get cancelled!