Exclusive

Kingdom Trailer: Matt Lauria, Nick Jonas Strip Down, Get Ripped In DirecTV's Testosterone-Fueled Drama

Loading video...

DirecTV is opening the gates of its buzzy new Kingdom to reveal a jacked Matt Lauria and Nick Jonas in near-constant states of undress.

RELATED Fall TV Preview: Photos and Video From 50+ New Shows

The series, billed as a gritty family drama set against the backdrop of the renegade subculture of Mixed Martial Arts, stars Prison Break alum Frank Grillo as Alvey Kulina, an MMA legend and owner of a Venice, CA-based gym. Jonas plays Nate, Alvey’s prize-fighter son and younger brother to Jay (an unrecognizable Jonathan Tucker). Lauria, meanwhile, portrays a world-class athlete who had (and lost) it all. Kiele Sanchez and Joanna Going round out the cast as Alvey’s current girlfriend and ex-wife, respectively.

Quick warning about the just-released trailer (embedded exclusively above): In addition to partial male nudity, the extended clip features an endless barrage of F-bombs, so it’s probably NSFW.

Kingdom (from Endemol and Detroit 1-8-7‘s Byron Balasco) premieres Oct. 8 at 9/8c on DirecTV.

1. Kel507 says:

looks amazing!!

2. mary says:

anyone know the song playing at 1:29 ?

3. Daisy says:

Nick Jonas looks great in this show.

4. Bwhit says:

Wow! This looks really good, I will definitely be tuning in.

5. Katherine says:

The trailer looks GREAT-Matt Lauria is always solid. Didn’t know Nick Jonas had that in him! Your autoplay video ads kept playing through it-had to pause the trailer four times to stop the damn ad. Please fix!!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

We are working diligently to address this auto-play issue — do you recall what the ad was for?

6. rod says:

Looks really good, i love Matt Lauria but im not sure about Nick Jonas.

7. John says:

This is probably a really dumb question, so I apologize in advance, but can you only watch this if you have direct tv?

8. Shaun says:

The premise seems limited,it’s gonna get repetitive quickly.Not a huge fan of Jonas as an actor either.

9. Ian says:

Looks pretty good, actually. Trailers do have a tendency to make shows appear more interesting than they really are – that’s the art of them, I suppose. But it was enough to get me to give the show a couple episodes.
    It’s definitely not something I’d typically watch though. The eye candy factor will only go so far for a lot of people if these characters don’t have a lot of depth and if there isn’t quality storytelling. And I already know I’ll have a headache from all of the roided hypermasculinity after the first 10 minutes.
    Any chance any of these characters is gay….? No, I didn’t think so.

10. Alyssa says:

excited for this show ! tbh I think people need to give Nick Jonas a chance , He’s came a long way from the “Disney ” days ! I think he’ll do better than expected :)

11. greater trailer. i’m excited for this. also, i’ve never watched a single thing the jonas brothers have acted in so i didn’t know what to expect, but nick jonas looks like he’s giving a great performance here which surprised me. always good to see matt lauria on my tv and this looks like a great role for frank grillo as well.

12. Reality says:

Looks interesting enough, I’m excited to see it mainly based on the cast alone since I’ve enjoyed all of them in other things (aside from Jonas, but he looks promising from the trailer).

13. dreamlife613 says:

Remember that movie, Warrior, with Tom Hardy? I loved it and this seems to have a similar theme. Definitely looks like something I want to see. I snickered at the one part of the trailer with all the F-bombs. Hopefully this ends up on Netflix, because I don’t have Direct TV.

14. Bellring92 says:

Can somebody say the same of the songs? They’re really good!

15. Joey Padron says:

Trailer for show looks great. Matt Lauria gonna do great on show like he did on FNL and Parenthood.

16. I was promised nudity, and all I saw was no shirts. 3/10

17. RGL says:

Looks Yummy. Kiele Sanchez, Matt Lauria, Messed up ladies e Venice Beach. What can i ask more?

18. Amy says:

First episode. 24 minutes in a song starts, anyone know name and artist???