Exclusive

Mystery Girls Embraces Its Campy Style With New Fashion-Centric Promo

Loading video...

On ABC Family’s Mystery Girls, the only thing louder than Tori Spelling is her character’s wardrobe.

RELATED ABC Family’s Mystery Girls: Will You Remain On the Case?

In TVLine’s exclusive behind-the-scenes featurette, the sitcom’s stars discuss how their on-screen styles match — or in Jennie Garth’s case, clash with — their off-screen personalities.

Along with looking back at the fashion from previous episodes, this new video also previews several future episodes, including Wednesday’s outing in which Holly goes to extremes to impress her heart-surgeon sister.

(Spoiler alert: it does not go well.)

Mystery Girls airs Wednesdays at 8:30/7:30c on ABC Family.

1. ... says:

Love Mystery Girls. Hope ABC Family picks it up for a second season.

2. Song4Ten says:

With the exception of Jennie Garth, the acting on this show is just atrocious. I honestly don’t know how it got picked up for a full season! Jennie, run, don’t walk, as fast as you can and find something worthy of your talents.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, I’d tend to agree. I do find the show mildly amusing but I think that’s thanks to Jennie carrying a large amount of it on her back, although I think the actor who plays Nick is pretty funny, if rather broad. As for Tori Spelling, I’m kinda shocked at how terrible she is considering I thought she was HILARIOUS on the too-short-lived So Notorious; she’s going way too over-the-top here. Still, overall I’d still take this over Young and Hungry, which has the admittedly-dreamy Jonathan Sadowski and a decent supporting cast but a female lead who I find positively grating and trying WAY too hard, oft-times with a less than zero yield.

3. Television says:

I actually think the acting has gotten better. Just turn it down a little more, and it is a fun stress free show to watch. Perfect example is the first episode they aired (not the pilot) was horrible and I almost didn’t stick around….but the episode where they stayed at the haunted house was just perfect. No one over acted, no one over dressed. I will rewatch that episode because it was so funny. Tori did great in that one.

4. granine says:

Maybe time for Tori to put her family over her career. 4 children is a handful. She will leave Dean, as eventually all her peeps will pursuade her.

• Christian says:

How sexist are you? If she were a man, would you be saying that? She is putting her family first by working. She needs to make money to put food in those children’s bellies since she already blew through her meager (relatively) inheritance!