TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season

Kirstie Cancelled

It looks like Kirstie Alley’s sitcom comeback is going to be short-lived.

RELATED Exclusive First Look: Hot in Cleveland‘s Elka Makes Like Wonka in Animated Outing

TV Land has canceled Kirstie after just one season, our sister site Deadline is reporting.

The sitcom — which co-starred fellow sitcom vets Rhea Perlman and Michael Richards — found Alley playing Maddie Banks, a Tony Award-winning actress whose life was turned upside down upon the discovery of her long-lost son Arlo (played by Eric Peterson).

Signs of trouble began when Kirstie‘s executive producer/creator/showrunner Marco Pennette exited the series following the end of its first — and now only — season.

1. androme3 says:

That’s what they get after cancelling Happy Divorced.

2. Love Rhea, but I can’t stand the show. Hope she lands somewhere good, other than just her upcoming gust spot on the Mindy Project.

3. Alicia says:

I was excited to see Kirstie and Rhea together again, but this sitcom was terrible. The storylines were awful. I can’t believe they lured in such high-profile guest stars, with such terrible writing.

4. Steven says:

It’s sad. It had so much potential.

5. Abe Froman says:

Ha! Cancelled by TV Land, where the bar is REALLY low.

6. TV Gord says:

Watching Kirstie was like someone handing me a free pack of spearmint gum. I don’t chew gum, but if I have it, I’ll chew it as long as the flavor lasts and then spit it into the trash. I watched Kirstie. It wasn’t good by any means, but it wasn’t horrible. Now it’s over. Oh well, what shall we do for lunch?

7. Eric says:

The disappointment that this series was was made all the greater by how amazing the cast and guest stars were. I won’t miss it, but I hope most of the stars find work elsewhere.

8. Dan the critic says:

As long as TV Land brings back The Exes.

9. Robyn Racine Roberts says:

No loss about Kirstie being cancelled—I knew it was a loser when that witch Kathy Griffin popped up! Wish they’d cancel the Preachers Wife, that show is so 90′s! But Love: Cleveland, The Exes, & Jennifer…….Wish they’d bring back “Divorced, because I Love: Fran, Rita & Renee!

10. ChrisGa says:

I thought the show was mildly amusing and Alley and Perlman were aces even with sometimes middling material. As such, on a TVLand scale I’d rank it behind HIC, the Exes and Happily Divorced, all three of which I generally have found a lot funnier on a regular basis. Far less upset about this getting canned than Happily Divorced…

11. Tony Lang says:

“I hope Netflix picks it up like they did Arrested Development”, said no one, really.

12. Ralph says:

I’m a sucker for a sitcom, even a mediocre one and I couldn’t stand Kirstie. Awful show, won’t be missed.

13. ATB says:

I didn’t like the show, but the crossover episode with Hot in Cleveland earlier this season was funny. That being said, it still didn’t convince me to watch Kirstie later that same night.

14. qj201 says:

it was BAAAAD. Kirstie needs a new “character” – the neurotic self absorbed thing is old

15. Ethel says:

It was really horrible. I tried to watch a few episodes but it was just awful. I wish Happiily Divorced would come back as I thought it was decent.

16. Kirstie Alley. If I could pay her to never appear anywhere again, I would.

17. asta says:

Get a life people. Is anything else u are interested in ?

• TV Gord says:

Another one of these asinine rhetorical questions. First of all, you’re not original. This has been offered hundreds of times before (apparently, anyone can sit at a computer). Second, this is a TV website. What else do you expect to find here? We’re not going to talk about the Middle East conflict here. You’re the one who needs “a life”, if this is the best you have to offer.

18. Television says:

Wow, tvland needs to keep these shows going. Happily divorced, kirstie, retired at 35, etc. hot in cleveland is ok, but hit and miss. stick with story shows and no reality.

19. Angus says:

Thank god.

20. ChristmasGirl says:

I actually really liked this show. I thought it was hilarious. Each to his own I guess but I will miss it – I thought it had great potential.

21. Fox says:

Big Bang Theory should be canceled. Anyone who watches those morons on this so called sitcom, are as stupid as the characters. Kirstey Alley should not have been canceled, but they should have gotten new writers. Characters were good.

22. eddie riegel says:

i liked the show I liked micheal richards..I liked all the the characters I say take it to netfliks or somewhere id pay to see it I thought it was funny