Comic-Con

Lee Pace 'Proud' of Halt and Catch Fire, Hungry for Hannibal and More Pies

If you happened to catch this Sunday’s episode of Halt and Catch Fire, know that it was one of star Lee Pace’s favorite episodes of the freshman AMC series.

Chatting with Michael Ausiello in TVLine’s San Diego Comic-Con video suite, Pace sang the retro drama’s praises (and pondered the prospect of a Season 2), before mulling other potential TV gigs — including, of course, any sort of “reunion” with Pushing Daisies‘ masterchef Bryan Fuller.

Pace says he is “very optimistic” that he will work with Fuller again, holding to this day as he does a “soft spot” for Daisies piemaker Ned. Or, maybe he’ll get a desired taste of Hannibal, possibly stemming from a get-together he recently had with Fuller…?

Press play above for all of Pace’s thoughts, on cooking up new Daisies and more.

The season finale of Halt and Catch Fire airs Sunday, Aug. 3, at 10/9c on AMC.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Interviews, Video

1. demoniam says:

The last few episodes of Halt and Catch Fire have hit me in the gut the same way Rubicon did. Devastatingly beautiful character studies. Lee Pace is amazing, I really hope this gets another season. Really deserves more viewers.

2. wrstlgirl says:

I figured I started HACF so I figured I would finish it but it is really boring, boring, boring :-) I have no clue what the ratings are. Do you think it will get a season two???

3. Lili says:

He is beautiful beyond compare.

4. lindsay says:

I’ve been surprised by how much I’ve liked Halt and Catch Fire. It’s been a slow burn through the season into an absolute must-watch addiction from one episode to the next, which caught be by surprise. I certainly checked it out for Lee Pace, but I surprisingly stuck around for Scoot McNairy and Kerry Bishé.

Of course, I’m still crossing my fingers for any kind of Pushing Daisies reboot we can get! There has not and never will be anything like it, visually, comedically, and emotionally.

5. Halt And Catch Fire has become one of our favorite shows. It took a while to get going but the arc of each of the main character’s story have been unbelievably rich and thorough. AMC didn’t seem, to me, to do much advertising of this show in advance of its premiere. We just found it by a fluke. It needs more promotion but I think they could have another big hit on their hands. Really rooting for it to get another season and for them to let people know it is there!

• wrstlgirl says:

Really, I haven’t found anything about this show to be rich or thorough. I am still struggling to care about any of these characters. If I had to pick one to root for it would be Kerry Bishe’ (Donna Clark).

• caro_brasil says:

What shows do you like?

• wrstlgirl says:

I like a wide range of shows like SOA, Tyrant, Shameless to name a few. I think HACF is to slow paced for my liking. I need some action to keep me interested. I’m not saying it’s a bad show, it’s just not working for me.

• veniascott says:

it was promoted during the first have of the final season of Mad men. Some is Mad men for the 80’s and like Mad men it takes time to catch on but it is good. and worth it. I love Lee pace.

6. caro_brasil says:

Amazing show! All the cast, AMC second season please!! Give a try people, is the best show ever for me

7. venia says:

this show was promted during Mad men first to last season. This is a very good show. I think it is the best of the new shows. It deserves a second season. Lee pace is outstadning in this show and sexy as hell!! I love him. People you have to give this show a chance. good story telling takes time get going but when it does it’s great. Give it a chance

8. ChrisGa says:

Loved him since Wonderfalls. Insanely talented, not to mention super sexy.

9. Hithaerdes says:

Lee Pace is gorgeous, and a fantastic actor LOVE him in the Hobbit, stunning in the Fall and Soldiers Girl but this has to be his weakest work so far. Rip off of Mad Men and American Psycho. It’s not a terrible series, I kinda like it, but it’s not his best. Maybe he doesn’t suit the bad boy thing..I dunno…seems such a nice guy.

10. Colonel Sanders says:

Great show. Best new show of the year; better than Fargo. First really good new show to hit AMC since Walking Dead premieres. Hopefully AMC will wake up and try to save it because the network is starting to run low on good shows and needs to take a chance for once.

11. mime says:

The biggest problem with Halt and Catch Fire is the pacing. It is a good show but the it is a real tightrope keeping your characters so unlikable until you allow for some understanding of their motivations and identity. Masters of Sex did it beautifully in its first season precisely because Masters break down happened at just the right time. Lee Pace is utterly talented and is engaging. If you watch all 10-15 comic con interview probably 2-3 people radiate that kind of natural affablity

12. dman6015 says:

ABC canceled ‘Pushing Daisies’ far too soon. Of course, the writer’s strike didn’t help them that year, either.

13. Blair says:

I loved and still love Pushing Daisies

14. JAO says:

Good show. I hope it’s renewed.