USA Picks Up Alien Invasion Pilot from Lost's Carlton Cuse, Ryan Condal

USA Colony Pilot Aliens

From “blue sky” to falling sky?

USA Network has picked up Colony, an alien occupation drama from Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel, The Strain) and Ryan Condal (Hercules).

RELATED USA’s Rush, Satisfaction Premiere to Sub-Graceland Ratings

Set in the near future, Colony finds Los Angeles in a state of occupation by paparazzi alien intruders. While some humans collaborate with (and thus benefit from) the new “regime,” others rebel and suffer the consequences. At the crux of the story is a family torn by the opposing ideologies.

RELATED USA’s Dig Promises Closed-End Story (With Ties to Third Temple Prophecy?)

Colony is a gripping story that brilliantly weaves together an intense family drama in an authentic, yet unknown, world,” USA Network president Chris McCumber said in a statement. “We are pleased to be in business with Ryan Condal and Carlton Cuse, who is clearly one of the best in the industry when it comes to genre fiction.”

1. mollytanner says:

Carlton Cuse definitely doesn’t put all his eggs in one basket.

2. justsomeguy says:

So.. Falling Skies part 2? I mean, I’m cool with that after how badly the show tanked in it’s 4th season but wow. Didn’t even wait for it to go off the air before launching right into it. Let’s hope they don’t make the mistake of introducing a hybrid child with powers.

• RUCookie says:

Glad I am not the only one that wished the group would have pushed past Tom and shot that red pod… Lexie is horrible. When “Coat-cheese” (I can’t digure out how to spell that) told them that the pod children were dangerous, I wondered outloud why in the world he didn’t tell “Tom Massen” … they have spent seasons telling us that they are friends and trust each other…

As for this show, I will have to check it out to see how close it is to Falling Skies.

• Jack says:

Sounds more like “V” than “Falling Skies”.

3. Bill says:

Isn’t this on TNT called Falling Skies

4. Television says:

I’m up for alien shows, but for once I would like to see the alien invasion! Instead we always get a minute intro of, well the world was taken over by aliens, a lot of stuff happened, now 5 years later……..Don’t skip over the good stuff.

5. Given USA’s formula of teaming up two characters with opposing views, if they wanted to do a science fiction show they should revive Alien Nation. Sykes and George were great, conflicting partners.

6. HAP says:

“Paparazzi alien intruders?” Seriously? Is TV becoming Fantasyland?

7. cosmoman11 says:

I think that Marc Singer and Faye Grant may be available.

8. Joey says:

Wait, Carlton has /another/ new show?

9. Star-Crossed the flip-side?

10. Alienate says:

I can’t wait to watch another “family” of Unlikable characters. Name one show with a family of good, likable characters. Amerika is the only one that comes to my mind, and I even gave up on that show half way thru season 2.