Comic-Con

Extended Arrow Trailer Reveals 'Epic' Season 3's Big Bad — Cast the Role!

And you thought a bloody Felicity was cause for concern.

An extended trailer for Arrow Season 3 was shown Saturday night at Warner Bros. TV’s San Diego Comic-Con/”Night of DC Entertainment” party, and the bonus 45 seconds or so reveal the new Big Bad that Oliver must face.

RELATED Arrow Season 3: Get Scoop on Roy’s New Role, Sara’s Status, the Baby and More

Let’s just say this: if the guy fights half as well as he accessorizes, Arrow’s in big trouble. Huge. (Malcolm Merlyn might want to lock the deadbolt as well.) Check it out, then hit the Comments with your casting suggestions!

1. Roger says:

Arrow is going in pretty damn HARD for its third season. Stoked when I first saw this.

2. CBWBDK1 says:

Awesome trailer! Can’t wait!!

3. Sparky says:

This is very very cool. I really didn’t think that with the movie coming out that DC would give them Ra’s. I thought he might be a few seasons away baddy. Now who will they cast??? I’ve heard Oded Fehrs name mentioned. No pressure to get this casting absolutely prefect. I thought I was excited for this season….OMG I can’t wait!!!!!

4. Katie_Mead says:

Casting suggestions for Ra’s al Ghul? I did have some other ideas in my head, but after seeing the rumours across t’interwebs, I’ll stick with them … Oded Fehr would do very nicely, thanks.

• wordsmith says:

Casting possibilities depend on whether or not they play the immortality angle.

Remember that Ra’s has to be old enough to have a daughter Katrina Law’s age (and potentially another daughter slightly older).

• JC1 says:

Well, the age difference between Oded Fehr and Katrina Law is the same as between John Barrowman and Colin Donnell (Tommy) – 15 years. And there’s only 17 years between Paul Blackthorne and Katie Cassidy and Caity Lotz. So I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. We don’t even know if Talia exists in this universe.

• Katie_Mead says:

I think Fehr could convincingly play older than his age (a vital & virile older feller, to be sure), but if you want older, how does Robert Beltran (Voyager’s Chakotay) look these days? Fit enough for Ra’s?

• Katie_Mead says:

One more suggestion to throw into the mix – sometime actor, sometime soldier, sometime sword-master, and one time (singular) Green Arrow writer, Mark Ryan (currently playing Gates in Black Sails, still mostly remembered as Nazir the Saracen in Robin of Sherwood from 30 years ago). He’s definitely old enough to play Katrina Law’s dad, and already knows his way around weapons, leather costumes, and the Green Arrow world.

5. Dre says:

Why don’t you guys embed videos with full screen option?

• Bradley says:

Its not TVline… I Had the same problem when i tried viewing in Chrome. The full screen feature was available when I switched Browsers!

6. Joey Padron says:

Exciting Ra al Ghul will be on new season!

7. I like the idea of Ra’s on TV, but Arrow really needs to stop stealing other heroes’ rogues, lol.

• Bill says:

I know definitely lol. Granted though in all my years of reading comic books I have never read a Green Arrow book so I don’t know who he fights

• Problem is most of Arrow’s more notable rogues are already done. Not too many left to really explore.

• Jon says:

Green Arrow was from the start a Batman knock-off. And with Star City and Gotham being close geographically the cities always had some blend in criminal elements. But I don’t think Green Arrow ever went up against Ra’s himself in the comics though, The closest Ra’s got to Green Arrow’s world was the fling he had with Black Canary during the time Oliver was dead and Connor Hawke was the Green Arrow.

• No..the closest was

Justice League of America v1 #94, 1971 – Green Arrow meets his match when the League of Assassins hires Merlyn, an archer tasked with killing the Batman.

• Jon says:

Ah thank you. A few months after Ra’s official debut in June 1971 then and the first apperance of Merlyn to boot. And nice nod/homage that the Merlyn – League of Assassins connection was kept for the show.

8. Off the top of my head… Oded Fehr, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and Alexander Siddig would be interesting choices.

9. Trenton says:

How about The Viper :)

10. A. D. says:

Oded Fehr would be perfect!

11. Hank Voight says:

Oded Fehr or the guy who played Ardeth in the mummy movies.

12. JC1 says:

Oded Fehr

13. Jake says:

Ray Stevenson would be my choice

14. superCoderOne says:

Tom Welling

15. John NYC says:

I’d like to see Arnold Vosloo, aka High Priest Imhotep. Menace to excess….

16. kath says:

It looks like it’s going to be a really good season of Arrow — Sara’s back, Quentin’s a Captain, Roy has his new suit, Diggle’s going to be a father but determined to be on the team, Laurel’s being a good lawyer, and then of course there is Oliver finally asking Felicity on a date.

I vote Alexander Siddig for Ra’s al Ghul.

17. A says:

My one problem with Oded Fehr is that I want him to be on Covert Affairs as much as possible because I love the Eyal character so much. Otherwise, sign him up for Arrow!

18. Lambsilencer says:

Why look too far? Get Liam Neeson to reprise the role. :)

19. Oded would be awesome. If not him then Adrian Paul of Highlander fame. He’s the right age at this point, has the right skill set for the fights, and he’s played an immortal, so he’d bring believability to things if they included the Lazarus pit.

20. Jon says:

Jean Reno, Olivier Martinez, or Edward James Olmos.

21. LemonLime says:

I am SO all for Oded Fehr, no joke. I love him for Rah’s Al Ghul.

22. Tony Lang says:

If there is a God, Cliff Curtis gets the part!

23. Ak says:

How about Pedro Pascal a.k.a Prince Oberyn Martell (The Viper) as Ra’s al Ghul. That would be awesome.

24. Jonathan says:

Arnold Vosloo as Ras a gul?

25. luvmypup says:

Can’t wait. The show is one of the best with their casting choices.

26. ruth says:

why do i have the feeling that r’as agul is felicity father

27. OMG Oded Fehr would be PERFECT!

28. BatHobbit says:

Oded Fehr (the Mummy movies), best choice for Ras Al Ghul

29. halima says:

I love arrow and I love felicity, up oilcity