Ratings: Black Box Ticks Up With Finale, Big Brother Dips Yet Tops Night

Black Box Finale Ratings

ABC’s Black Box closed its run on Thursday night with an average audience of 3.8 million total viewers across two episodes, paired with a 0.7 rating — adding a handful of eyeballs and ticking up a tenth in the demo (hitting an eight-week high).

NY Med led out of that with 4.9 mil/0.9, steady week-to-week.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Elsewhere….

NBC | Hollywood Game Night (4 mil/1.1), Welcome to Sweden (3 mil/0.8), Working the Engels (2.2 mil/0.6) and Last Comic Standing (3.4 mil/1.1) all added some viewers while flat in the demo.

CBS | Big Brother (6.4 mil/2.1) rose 5 percent in audience yet slipped a tenth in the demo week-to-week, but still led the night in the latter measure. A Big Bang rerun drew Thursday’s largest audience, 7 million.

FOX | The Hell’s Kitchen finale (5 mil/1.7) was flat, while Gang Related (2.6 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth.

1. Eric says:

I’m actually loving Welcome to Sweden. I hope NBC brings it back next summer, despite it not doing so great in the demo.

• Moment says:

It likely will come back for 2 reasons. 1) It was already renewed in Sweden. 2) It’s a cheap import show for the network, and unless the ratings collapse, they should be enough.

• Christian says:

Unless ratings collapse? They’re already lying on the floor, panting for air!

• Moment says:

Not really no. They’re acceptable for a cheap import show airing in the Summer. Also another reason I believe it will come back is because this is an Amy Poehler show, and NBC likes Poehler.

I’m about 95 percent sure it’ll be back next year if the ratings stay pretty much how they are.

• CJ says:

I hope so too. It’s really light and fun and very sweet. I’d love to see it on NBC again next summer.

2. Hank Voight says:

Gang related has been steady in its ratings. But considering its a Fox show, I doubt it will last to see a season 2. Shame I was starting to like it.

3. Michael says:

Did we ever get any ratings for the Bridge episode 1 or 2?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

No, because FX has a new policy to not report Live+Same Day ratings (they’re now only acknowledging Live+3), and Week 1 was too low to register on any charts.

• CJ says:

Episode 1 did 1.5 mil/0.5 in Live+Same Day according to TVbytheNumbers. Don’t know about episode 2 but it was much lower than that.

4. Lilly Vanilly says:

I love Black Box. When will we know if it’s going to be renewed?

• Moment says:

It won’t be renewed. The ratings are quite poor, even for Summer.

• Sparky says:

It is interesting that if they thought the ratings were really bad that they didn’t pull it sooner. The show is well written and it does look at another side of medicine that most of the other medical shows don’t. I wonder if ABC doesn’t pick it up even as a summer show will the creators try a cable network?? I really started to get into it and would love to see what happens next.

• Moment says:

There wouldn’t be much point pulling it from the schedule. It’s not doing that bad that it should be pulled. As for a cable network picking the show up, I wouldn’t hold your breath, it’s quite rare for that to even happen, and because the ratings aren’t amazing to begin with, it doesn’t bode well.

• Shawn Hatnot says:

I really liked Black Box. The show brought awareness to mental illness.

5. TraciTV says:

Gang is a good show. Should have been on fx so they can really take the reigns off. I watch off DVR or fox now every week. It deserves a season2. Usa’s satisfaction is awful. That will be gone

• BrittBrat says:

I feel asleep watching Satisfaction last night. It’s boring and I don’t know how far they can take the story line!

• curtlyon19 says:

yeah, kinda but … was sitting there a few days later and watched it on Amazon Prime, once past the first 15 minutes (which iff over) where everything turns to absolute crap in his life, it actually got rather entertaining and I watched it all!
        guess I like Passmore

6. abz says:

I really wish CBS would stop wasting time on these useless Big Brother segments like the Hayden/Nicole. No one cares. I’d rather they donate the money wasted to go film their families that no one cares about to charity and fill the air time with more footage for the live feeds. I hate how they don’t realize that showmances are the most annoying part of Big Brother and they think they majority of viewers actually find it entertaining. At least the Caleb/Amber obsession ties into gameplay somehow because Cody was considering nominating Caleb. The Hayden/Nicole showmance is NOT INTERESTING AT ALL!!!!!

7. curtlyon19 says:

Black box, surprise!! it was terrific .. at first I thought “mental illness as entertainment?” but it WAS very,very good. Kelly Reilly was amazing
    While I aint holding my breath, I’d like to see it back. It’s better than NBCs Night Shift by far

8. Kathleen MacEachern says:

when is tHE BLACK BOX COMING BAC , EXCELLENT SHOW , FIRT EVER ABOUT HOW THE BRAIN WORKS, LEARNING SO MUCH , CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON, SO WILL IT BE THIS FALL

BOX

9. latersooner says:

Goodbye and good riddance to Black Box. Can’t believe how many viewers were so naive as to be taken in by that fairy tale. Literally. Cinderella is more true to life than Black Box. It’s such an offensive caricature of its subject that I wouldn’t be surprised if I heard that the show’s creators were getting death threats from members of the medical profession.

10. Julio says:

___Black Box___ es Increible, Emocionante, interesante, etc … Kelly Reilly e Vanessa Redgrave, Son Estupendas. POR LO MENOS, UNA OPORTUNIDAD MAS Hay Que renovarla Para La Segunda Temporada, HAY QUE MEJORAR LA SERIE DE Black Box. Muchas Gracias!