Comic-Con

Outlander: Watch a New Trailer and the Stunning Opening Credits

Outlander_Trailer_DW

“What if your future was in your past?” asks Starz’ Outlander in the new trailer it debuted at San Diego Comic-Con this Friday — only weeks ahead of the show’s premiere on Aug. 9 at 9/8c.

RELATED Starz Giving Outlander an Early Debut — and Splitting Season 1

Adapted by Battlestar Galactica producer Ronald D. Moore from Diana Gabaldon’s best-selling novel, the show centers on Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945, who mysteriously travels back in time to 1743, where she becomes an “outlander” in the unfamiliar Scottish highlands. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan, Doctors), a dashing young Scottish warrior, they begin a passionate affair, forcing Claire to choose between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

Watch the trailer and drop a comment telling us if you’ll be tuning in!

UPDATED: Also, Starz has now released the opening credits sequence:

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Previews, Trailers and Promos

1. Becky says:

Can’t wait to watch it! :D

2. Pat Spiller says:

As a avid fan of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander books, I am so excited to see Outlander on screen. Not only will I be watching but watching and watching & re-watching.

3. Missy Kelly says:

Trailer makes me want to read the books but I loved the White Queen; didn’t like Black Sails but am looking forward to this.

4. 1mars says:

Read the series which was probably a bad thing, looking forward to the adaptation with caution. Jamie/Claire actors look perfect and hope they dont change the storyline too much. A terrific series of books.

5. carmen says:

I read 5 of the books in this series. Crazy it’s getting a tv show. Pretty cool!

• lechatnoir says:

I give it a short season , it will be cancelando so quick your head’s gonna spin.

• MoreTears says:

That’s an exceptionally stupid thing to say. But of course when you are proven to be a fool you will be nowhere to be found, taking no responsibility for yourself.

• Barbara Maher says:

Already picked up for a season 2 after only the first episode, so what say ye now?

6. LABete says:

I’m so excited about this series that I started tearing up just watching that preview! I really can’t wait until next week when it comes out early online and hopefully on demand!!

7. Debbie says:

I’ve read all of the books. This looks incredible! I will definitely be watching this on Starz!

8. KNR says:

Can. Not. Wait. So excited!!!

9. I grabbed the books as soon as I saw they were making this – I’m on book 5, can’t put them down. I can’t wait to watch.

10. ann says:

I would love to see this show but unfortunately, I don’t get this channel.,I will definitely have to find this show online or dvd it — even if I have to pay for it!

11. WILL MOST DEFINITELY BE TUNING IN!

12. Ally Oop says:

I have wanted to see this show forever. Why oh why is Showcase in Canada waiting an extra 2 weeks to air it? I wont be able to join in any show discussions for fear of spoilers. I can’t remember what happened in the books cause I read them when I was like 10 and that was over 20 years ago.

13. patioprincess says:

I cannot wait to see this! Gabaldon is a phenomenal author. The books are so well written and this series looks like it will do the books justice. Unlike all the Twilight drivel and 50 shades craptastic teeny-bopper lit., Gabaldon’s books are based on historical accuracy mixed with fiction. I’m just sad that this is a pay cable channel show. I haven’t paid for a special cable channel since HBO’s Soprano’s and ROME. I guess I’ll have to pay for this as it should be epic.

14. Jo says:

I will definitely be watching. Love the books so here’s hoping they do a good job with the show.

15. c. lambert says:

Haven’t had cable in years. For this show I connected cable, purchased a STARZ package, and bought a new Smart TV. I have read the books multiple times and have perfect images of the characters, but the selected actors just seem so right. I hope everyone can enjoy it as much as I’m sure I will.

16. herman1959 says:

Hmmm…this sounds interesting and it starts so soon. I don’t have Starz now, but I’ll have to see what I can do.

17. Cindy says:

I never watch TV unless one of my sports teams is playing…..
    read first five books so long ago, won’t miss this, will be buyinh the Starz channel for two months this fall and again in spring. What fun, history, fantasy, romanance and escapism….reason for TV

18. Debra says:

With all the devotion to detail and using an incredible novel, I feel this is going to be one amazing series.

19. Katherine Cannon says:

absolutely love the series! Sticking close to the book… the time period(s), costumes, characters, music, the story line….. I was hooked from the first seconds of the opening credits.

20. June says:

I have read 4 books since a week before the series began. Great books and spellbinding TV show.

21. John N. says:

That Caitrona Balfe is absolutely gorgeous.

22. Ray says:

Absolutely loathe the song used in the opening credits.