Ratings: Fresh Talent Boosts Taxi, Big Brother and SYTYCD Rise, Extant Falls

Extant Ratings

America’s Got Talent‘s Top 48 reveal drew 10.3 million total viewers — easily Wednesday’s biggest audience — and a 2.4 rating (per finals), matching its Tuesday demo and edging out Big Brother for the nightly win.

NBC’s fresh serving of AGT set Taxi Brooklyn up for gains of 13 and 25 percent, to 5.3 mil/1.0.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Elsewhere….

CBS | Big Brother (6.6 mil/2.3) rose 6 percent and two tenths week-to-week, but Extant (6.5 mil/1.1) fell 20 and 27 percent (and is now off a good 30 percent from its debut).

RELATED Extant Recap: Did Molly Drop Her Baby Bombshell?

FOX | So You Think You Can Dance (3.8 mil/1.1) inched up a tenth from last week’s all-time low.

ABC | Motive (3.4 mil/0.6) slipped two tenths to a series low.

1. People need to get some taste and STOP watching that piece of trash Big Brother…God is it horid!!!!!!!

• BrittBrat says:

Stop trolling! You say you hate the show, but are the first to comment about it. And this isn’t the first time.

• Moment says:

That 2.3 is fantastic. You’ll be pleased to know Big Brother will be around for a long time.

• mary says:

I know people who watch it almost like a guilty pleasure. They cannot believe some of the things they see. And they are waiting for the “scandal” of the season to happen. I was bored after the first episode.

2. Hank Voight says:

Usually watch Graceland at the 10pm hour but with Taxi Brooklyn doing that well might as check it out. Anyone recommend it?

3. Terry says:

Will there be a SYTYCD recap today?

4. Jerri says:

Ouch for extant.

5. Alienate says:

I see more viewers than just me dropped Extant after Ep # 2. The show has unlikeable characters and too many trite plot lines all resulting in “I don’t Care”.

• dan says:

I’m finding Extant to be interesting, much better than Under the Dome. My main problem with the show is the slow pacing. The first 45 minutes is all talk which sets up the last 15 minutes which is more exciting. On last night’s episode we had the revelation of the bird, the reveal about Tim the party guest, the news about the pregnancy, the situation at Sam’s office, and the big escape all in the last 10 or 15 minutes. All of this was set up in the first 45 minutes of the show in such a slow manner that the ending felt rushed. Also, I’m not into the Julia character (played by Meryl Streep’s daughter).

• Claudia says:

I agree with what you are saying about the pacing of Extant. It is lacking some action in places, too much in others, and just too slow overall. I think another problem is the time placement on the schedule. It is not compatible with the reality show lead-in and I think would do better at the 10 p.m. hour.

6. Moment says:

Extant has dropped from likely cancelation to certain now. This may be good for Under the Dome if it would just stop shedding viewers.

7. Katherine215 says:

Not part of the ratings, but is anyone finding Suits’ current storyline obnoxious? Rachel is terrible (her telling Mike was to make HERSELF feel better), Mike and Logan’s ridiculous measuring contest episode after episode, Louis annoying Harvey episode after episode, ugh. I’m so annoyed watching it. I thought this new format could be refreshing but they’ve just made most of the characters annoying. I’m actually kind of rooting for Logan because he’s not as whiny as Mike has been. The only thing I’m holding out for is a Donna/Harvey hook up, which isn’t coming for awhile. :/

• wrstlgirl says:

Raises hand. This season sucks. The separation and putting Mike and Harvey on opposing sides it not working for me at all. I hope it doesn’t continue after this season. They work so much better as a team. And Louis has always annoyed me. Talk about needy and whiny, sheesh.

• Katherine215 says:

I’ve never liked Louis much either but it’s even worse this season. They just keep creating the same storyline over and over and never actually developing his character. And I agree with smartysenior below, I have no idea what this stupid deal is about anymore and don’t care.

• smartysenior says:

Yep, was one of my favorite shows. The merger storyline is way too long and comprehensible only if you are paying close attention. Which I’m not. Mike and Harvey suddenly becoming enemies is horrid, the whole show was about their buddy buddy schtick. I really hope they right this ship, I used to think it had charm. Now it’s just everyone unhappy and being mean. Guys, lighten it back up.

8. Whatevah says:

No ratings for The Divide? I was wondering how it was doing.