Ratings: Dome Drops, MasterChef Hits High, Hotel Hell Returns Down

Hotel Hell Ratings

Fox’s Hotel Hell reopened on Monday night to 4 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, down 20 and 21 percent from its previous premiere as well as off from that season’s finale (4.4 mil/1.8).

Opening Fox’s night, MasterChef (5.8 mil/2.1) added some eyeballs plus three tenths in the demo, hitting a season high.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Elsewhere….

ABC | The Bachelorette: Men Tell All (6.8 mil/1.8) ticked up a tenth to a best-since-premiere rating, but Mistresses (3.6 mil/1.0) was flat.

RELATED Mistresses Recap: Fifty Shades of ‘Nay!’

NBC | American Ninja Warrior (5.8 mil/1.9) rose 7 percent and two tenths to hit and match season highs.

CBS | Under the Dome (6.7 mil/1.5) was down 12 and 21 percent.

RELATED Under the Dome Recap: Angie’s Killer Revealed?

THE CW | Seed (490K/0.2) and Backpackers (419K/0.2) both shed viewers while “steady” in the demo.

1. Mike B says:

just watched the first episode of the new season (under the dome), wasn’t impressed and gonna watch the rest while I’m on holiday. Do you guys think it’s gonna be picked up for another season with those numbers?

• Ann says:

I think the ratings are fine for a summer show but CBS probably has higher expectations because of the cost of everything. So far, the ratings have been dropping each week. At this rate, it will be only 3 million weekly viewers and there is no way that CBS would renew it with such declining ratings.

• crog says:

I haven’t seen last nights episode yet but of the 3 I’ve watched this season the premiere was my favorite. The other 2 were bad

2. sarah says:

I am worried about Mistresses. I really like that show!

3. SUSO says:

What the heck are “Backpackers” and “Seed”?

• Ally Oop says:

I forgot about those. I wanted to check out Backpackers (I’ve seen Seed previously). There’s been zero promotion so the ratings don’t surprise me

4. Moment says:

Most concerning is that production on Under the Dome Season 2 is complete, several cast members have mentioned a short while back. Which means, and let’s be honest here, they likely weren’t planning on it ending this season when writing the stories. So unless this show is renewed(Which is unlikely with these numbers), it’ll be another cliffhanger end I bet.

5. Missy Kelly says:

.I wish the PTB would learn that Summer is opportunity to provide good content with limited run. Under the Dome was mean to be a 1 Season wonder. Now that it’s a series, you can see that it’s not very good. Haven’t watched last night’s ep yet but am not excited about it. Zero Hour last year was really good and if it had been “hyped” as a limited run, I think that it could have had great ratings and it left the door open for another story after it ended if the fans wanted it. TV Fans want great stories told well. Not mediocre stories poorly told and dragged out. Under the Dome beginning to resemble soap operas which have dropped like flies the past few years. Just a thought

• Moment says:

Under the Dome was never meant to be a ‘1 season wonder’ that’s not what a limited series means. Anything, if it rates well enough will be renewed.

• DoctorWhoFanatic says:

Actually, it was originally reported that it would be a 13 episode special. I would have been on board with that, and stuck with it to get some King and a good summer thrill. But not the terrible stuff they’ve put out so far — even if Mike Vogel is absolutely gorgeous.

• Moment says:

It was more a case of some fans, and websites not understanding. CBS had always planned for it to span multiple seasons should it rate well enough, and the fact it was renewed by Episode 6 of Season 1 should tell you everything.

6. Cory says:

I just started watching Under the Dome the other day and am a few episodes away from the s1 finale. Trying to hold off a bit so the first six or so of s2 will be available by the time I’m done.

Any chance of this getting a third and final season? It’s a very flawed show but there’s something that keeps me intrigued and I’d like to see CBS actually resolve one it’s very rare genre shows. Although thinking on all their shows of the past 15 years can’t think of a single sci fi show of theirs that got a real finale.

• Moment says:

Realistically, it depends on 2 things. 1) If the numbers recover enough, and 2) If the numbers recover enough before CBS makes a decision.

A 1.5 and 6.72 million viewers, 4 episodes into a 13 episode season isn’t that great by any standards.

7. CourtTV says:

I don’t remember Hotel Hell from last year. Last night’s episode was amusing.

8. Coal says:

I binged watched the 1st Season of Mistress a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised, I liked it. So I started season 2 over the weekend and its been fairly nice too.

9. Kris says:

Mondays aren’t the same without 24. :(

10. Jake says:

As long as Under The Dome’s numbers don’t completely bottom out it should be back. The show is profitable for the network before it even airs due to tax credits and it’s deal with Anazon.

11. DavidSask says:

Under the Dome is sucking and deserves its declining ratings! Mistresses is great and deserves better ratings!

• SK says:

Agreed! I’m hoping Under the Dome continues to decline so it will be cancelled. I’m watching because my husband still loves it and I like Stephen King but man, is it getting bad!
      I hope Mistresses will get better ratings. Love that show!