'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, 24, Suits and Other Shows Are Faring

THE COUPLE | Switched At Birth's Angelo and Regina
THE LATEST | Angelo gets in a car crash, requiring extensive brain surgery. As Regina awaits news from the doctor, she keeps flashing back to how she and Angelo had argued over Daphne's paternity, resulting in their break up.
OUCH! | Once she learns of Angelo's demise, Regina revisits that painful memory and imagines a happier ending -- one where they'd made up and tried to work out their differences.
THE FORECAST | Cold as a cadaver. With Angelo dead, this ship has sunk. Hope Regina has a jacket thick enough to withstand the ice cold fury of Daphne's blame in the coming weeks!

The postman may always ring twice, but the Grim Reaper tends to strike without warning — and this week was no different as TV couples dealt with all kinds of pain. Did your favorites go unharmed? Or did they bid their loved ones goodbye?

Find out in this installment of TVLine’s ‘Ship Shape, a recurring feature that tracks the latest developments for series’ hottest duos — and then offers our forecast for each pairing.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout out below and maybe they’ll merit a mention the next go-around.

And with that said, this ‘ship is about to set sail, so click through our gallery (via the blue button underneath the Switched At Birth photo above or by clicking this link) and hop aboard!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: 'Ship Shape

1. What about Sharon Raydor and Andy Flynn from Major Crimes? She just asked her estranged husband for a divorce. plus, Sharon and Andy are getting closer and closer… They should be included in the list! Go Shandy !

2. Bwhit says:

They can’t cover everyone but there was a big step forward for Paige and Mike on Graceland. I saw the preview and was really annoyed but he couldn’t do what Paige wanted because of how much he cares for her ( it was sweet in a very weird way!). I can’t wait until Wednesday to see how far he will go to save her.

• M3rc Nate says:

I agree. It was a really weird few moments but im glad he didnt and i hope him and Paige isnt just something the writers are writing so there is a ship and flirting and sex scenes/nudity to get viewers…i hope they have an actual plan or at least want them together for real. Not a fan of them just being off and on for the entire series just teasing the fans.

You know whats weird? So many shows came back, and SO many of them i am so disappointed in (the quality has sharply fallen) and its really sad. I used to get SO excited when Suits was on, now I get apprehensive…the show isnt fun anymore, no funny moments, sexy moments, badass moments, its all just SO dark and SO depressing. I especially hate the Rachel & Mike and her ex affair Dbag triangle, and when i see a teaser for next weeks episode and he kisses Rachel for real…i cant help but not want to watch the episode at all.

I feel the same way about Falling Skies, which has taken the biggest fall in quality i have ever seen. Honestly everything this season so far is just laughably bad. Its like im watching a different show. And again the Hal/Ben/Maggie gross love triangle thats coming? 1) Disgusting 2) Makes me so apprehensive about watching when the show comes on. You can REALLY tell they got all new writers for this season…horrible horrible horrible.

I think Graceland has F’ed up in a bunch of ways this new season, concentrating on characters that were and should be in the background, but Mike & Paige and Johnny keep the show fun enough that i get excited when a new episode is on.

True Blood is a giant joke, i cant imagine a worse season.

I could go on and on with so many shows that for some weird reason, went from “im so excited its ____day a new episode is on tonight!!!!” to “oh ya thats on? ehhh…i’ll watch it but i bet ill be so pissed and disappointed once its done”.

On the flip side though, i am LOVING (even more than the first season) Defiance. It is so much fun. Only issue is its time Tommy got punched in the face by Nolan…he is SO fraking annoying with his little chirps in his ear cause hes pissed he left with Irisa…i mean hes talking like that to a War Hero/War Crimes committer? Its just time he gets his ass kicked big time.

• tp says:

I agree with about so many shows being disappointing. It’s the new thing to be dark and edgy. Nothing is really “fun” anymore. You get fleeting moments of happiness and fun then everything else is depressing. And what’s with all the shows whose main premise is cheating lately?! The only thing I find I’m excited for right now is The Musketeers. I’ve watched almost everything you listed at one time or another. I’m hanging on to FS because I’ve been in it for too long to let go but I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of stuff. I quit Suits last season and True Blood after the second season.

• M3rc Nate says:

Couldnt agree more. The cheating stuff is making me sick, especially the shows that its entirely based on (Good Wife, Scandal, Mistresses, Satisfaction etc). I dont watch them and wont. But now its getting a foot hold in my favorite shows like Suits and Falling Skies etc. Hate it.

There are certain shows that are loved for what they bring to the table…i get Suits having a dark season (hopefully only first half of season), in the long run of the series it makes sense, but we watch Suits cause of the humor, sexiness, bromance/romance, the badass legal fights, when all of that is gone and its just a love triangle, Harvey and Mike fighting and Jessica banging some dude…wheres the fun anymore? Wheres the Suits we all signed up to watch? Its gone.

What really depresses me the most is this idea that Showrunners/writers seem to have which is that happy relationships cant be interesting/fun on TV. So they tease the couple for multiple seasons, get them together, play out/tease sex/nude scenes as long as they can, then its straight to fighting, drama, melodrama, love triangles, cheating, breaking up, etc. How sad. How boring at their relationships that they cant find ways to write a happy secure couple that is fun to watch on TV? I love watching the happy loving secure Burkes on White Collar.

• Bwhit says:

I agree about the couples comment. It is becoming not the norm to have a couple be happy and badass together. Heck they are making TV shows about people cheating on each other! These days when I really like a pairing and they get together, I am just waiting for that couple to implode, why can’t there be a happy medium?

3. Chris says:

When will you ever include Roy & Jamie from “Reckless”, Nivea?

4. scifisiren says:

Jane and Maura!

5. Maria says:

Audrey’s death was just not necessary. It was basically a repeat of Renee’s death…Jack’s love interest dies, he goes all ballistic, takes out bad guys in a fit of rage. Rinse and repeat. I was all set to buy this new season on DVD and now? No thanks.

• Lexy says:

Completely agreed. I was all up for another (shortened) season, but now I hope Jack permanently retires. I’m usually not the type to ditch a show over a character’s death, but this just felt like a cheap, repeated plot drive, not a fan.

6. patioprincess says:

Why is there nothing mentioned of the hotness that is Liz Keen and Donald Ressler on The Blacklist? These two scream ship. The show has given some really nice bits on them that show the ship potential and there is already a lot of fanfiction out there about them. I hope Blacklist writers give us more of them.

7. Alyse says:

Ya know what, Nivea? That 24 one really really really really really really hurts.