Rising Star Recap: Unbearable Slightness of Singing

rising-star-recap-duels-season-1-gabrielle-nicole-vs-macy-kate

An almost unbeatable favorite emerged Sunday night in the battle for Rising Star‘s Season 1 crown, and, so, please kindly put your hands together for “None of the Above.”

RELATED Quotes of the Week from The Fosters, Masters of Sex, Wendy Williams, Pretty Little Liars, Defiance and More!

For those of you who slept through more than half of this week’s telecast, it bears pointing out that I’m not talking about the sculpted identical triplet brothers who threatened to take off their shirts for Kesha in the audition rounds — even though “None of the Above” would actually be an excellent name for their act going forward.

RELATED Fox Exec Talks 24‘s Future, a Critical Bones Juncture, Glee‘s Fitting Finish, Idol‘s Draining Talent Pool and More

Rather, I refer to the thudding realization that after five weeks of competition, there’s really not a single contestant on ABC much-hyped, low-rated singing competition who’s worthy of a major-label recording contract. Heck, judges Brad Paisley, Ludacris and Kesha, along with host Josh Groban, might be doing irreparable harm to their own future music sales by continuing to walk around with the pungent smear of Rising Star on the bottoms of their shoes.

I’m not even exaggerating here! Two of the three vocalists advancing by the grace of east-coast viewers — those closer to the Pacific will save one of a trio of booted wannabes in a few hours — sat somewhere between “the third-best person at your office karaoke party (after four pinot noirs)” and “Sweet Jesus, I would actually hurl a tomato at this person if I was in the studio audience.”

With that said, let’s break down tonight’s duels”

Gabrielle Nicole, “River Deep Mountain High” — Grade: C+
vs
Macy Kate, “Demons” — Grade: D
Macy Kate advances with 80% (including all three judges) over Gabrielle Nicole’s 49% (including all three judges). See what bragging to America after your audition can do to your voting tallies, Gabrielle! To be fair, Ms. Nicole struggled to stay on pitch at the ends of phrases, and her energy was surprisingly desperate. But compared to Macy — with her nonexistant lower register and strident tone — she deserved the win, stank attitude and everything.

Sonnet Simmons, “Feeling Good” — Grade: C
vs
April Lockhart, “Animal” — Grade: D-
April advances with 76% (including all three judges) over Sonnet’s 73% (including all three judges). Sonnet stretched her upper register like a dime-store rubber-band spanning the Hudson — and the results weren’t pretty. But I’ve heard nicer sounds coming from my dentist’s bag of tools than from April’s mouth tonight. I’m guessing Sonnet — by virtue of landing a handful of phrases with aplomb — will get the save.

Austin French, “I Don’t Want to Be” — Grade: C
vs
Adam Jaymes, “Free Fallin'” — Grade: C-
Austin advances with 81% (including all three judges) over Adam’s 53% (including Kesha and Brad). I’m still not sure what was worse: Austin’s insipid delivery and irksome “R&B” runs or Adam’s off-key warbling and whispered earnestness. Oh wait, I actually don’t care. (Sorry.)

What did you think of tonight’s Rising Star? Who were your faves? Did anyone get robbed? Does anyone deserve to “win”? Take our polls below, then share your thoughts in the comments.

1. Kate says:

I don’t watch this show, but Slezak: this title is amazing.

2. :( says:

okay you’re over exaggerating, nobody was bad enough to get a D tonight. these matchups are ridiculous, they’re loosing all their talent! the lowest scores from the first round should go against the highest.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’ve heard first-year voice students who are better than each and every singer we heard tonight. Anything above a grade of D for tonight’s performances would be a travesty.

• Colton Smith says:

angie you should join slezak in the doctors office , your ears needs a check,macy,april and austin sounds great

• Angie_Overrated says:

Right. My ears are just fine, thanks. You’re the same kid who thought Bria Kelly was awesome, so your opinions on good singing don’t hold much water.

• Colton Smith says:

im not a kid and bria is awesome , if you dont like the show or contestants dont watch

• Angie_Overrated says:

Got it. Thanks so much for your input. In a similar vein to your suggestion, if you don’t like my comments, then don’t read them. Have a great night!

• Jill Moy says:

APRIL DESERVES AN “F”! Michael is too kind with a D- Her growling was hilarious.

what an awful comment,april deserves an B AT LEAST

COLTON,

April is the worst singer ever to go this far on a talent show!

Please watch AGT! 11 year old Mara Justine, 15 year old Julia Goodwin and 31 year old Kelli Glover will blow you away! Every singer so far on AGT is just fabulous…EVERY SINGER! THIS SHOW IS GARRRRBAAAAAAJJJJJJ! The talent stinks!

April admits herself she has no range! Her ANIMAL was TERRIBLE! SHE NEEDS A JOB! SHE STINKS!

• She looks like Olive Oil from Popeye and also sings like her!

BECCA,

Where have you been…missed you! Olive Oil looked and could sing better…LOL!

• Ive missed you too! Whats goin on here? This show is so embarrassing! Jesse is the only good singer. Its so boring and the stage always looks the same. The comments from judges are boring too! I basically fast forward all talking and just barely watch the performances. Oh OLIVE OIL ON THE POPEYE MOVIE! HHHHEEEEESS LLLLAAAARRGGGE! i Hate that song

3. Peaches Jackson says:

Rising Star isn’t THAT bad. Mind you everything has been live, and it’s the first season. However, some of the people making it through are really, REALLY amateur, without any sense of artistry. Gabrielle Nicole, Jesse Kinch, Shemeia Crawford and Lisa Punch are really the only people I like. Everyone else doesn’t give the least bit of vocal ability/control or even excitement.

PEACHES,

Truthfully, THEY, MINUS JESSE ARE ALL TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! I really disliked AI talent this year, but compared to this crap, it was wonderful (God I hate to say that).

I like the fact that voters eliminate singers instantly! Other than that????? The Wall was a huge waste of money and these judges???? OMG!

• Colton Smith says:

macy austin april has a great voice

BECCA,

I called it last week and said Gabby wasn’t going anywhere and mentioned that non-believers will find out next week when she’s gone! Well she went nowhere, she was ousted, the bragging no talent wannabe singer! Everyone said she was so wonderful!

JESSE is the only good singer…I’ve said that all along! The rest….GARBAGE! I’ve mentioned several times 3 singers from AGT, and how great they are! Nobody comments because I’m right!

Glad you are ok.

• I like the singers on AGT also! Mara Justine is awesome! You are right about Gabby! Her stuck up comment backfired and now she has to EAT CROW! Yes I am ok. I just got stuck watching 4 seasons of The Walking Dead and loved it. I didnt think I would like it. Watched it on Netflix. So I was not commenting on here for a while. I couldnt find the Re-Cap for last week. Did they have one?

BECCA,

YES! There was the usual post with my comments over 35% of the comments…LOL!

• I was just thinking about you said you are pretty good at picking winners on these shows! Im not. I have never picked the one to win until Caleb. But I feel that Angie Miller and Burnell were robbed the year they were on Idol! Burnell went out waaaay to early! Then that stuttering guy Lazaro stuck around wayyy to long. If you go back and look at his performances, he looked like he stuffed his pants with rolled up socks. It was so gross looking! It looked like he put 3 or 4 rolled up socks in his crotch to make him look BIGGER! gross! I absolutely thought Burnell was amazing. To think Lazaro got more votes than him or Devin was a complete joke!

4. Jeff Marley says:

I really hope that the west coast save goes to Gabrielle!!! :) either way she’s awesome!!! :)

• Laurie says:

Not tonight she wasn’t. Her vocal was off key and her stage presence was way too frantic.

• Jeff Marley says:

Yeah, it wasn’t perfect but so weren’t anyone else. But I still believe that she will still have a bright future!!! :)

JEFF,

AS I COMMENTED LAST WEEK….GABBY IS GOING “NOWHERE”!

Screaming and growling like she does is not the mark of a great singer! She couldn’t win a karaoke contest. She deserved the boot, the little smart as-!

JEFF,

Getting 51% WC votes, couldn’t save anyone! When you consider all 3 moronic judges voted yes, the total vote from the public was peanuts, the worst ever! Gabby did it to herself! She’s a no talent stuck up B!

• Jeff Marley says:

Your completely right!!! :) well, let’s just wait to see that jesse kinch just gets the win already!!! :)

• Jeff Marley says:

We’ll except that you don’t have to be so negative about!!! :) also she just needs time to full understand her voice better!!! :) and no she is not stuck up, and I’ll stand by her throughout out her journey!!! :)

BECCA,

LAZARO WAS AWFUL! YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE IN SINGING!

• I actually miss Nikki Minaj from that year. I didnt think I would like her, but then got to know her personality and she was very good with the contestants! Yes I loved Burnell and still watch his videos sometimes.

• Oh Jill. WOW! I just watched Burnell singing in Sudden Death Rounds on American Idol. He is singing “this Time” by John Legend. SSSOOOO GOOD! He could have been a great voice to hear on the radio all the time!

BECCA,

Yep, he is good! Also, I commented on Minaj and Cowell and their honest judjing, saying the truth, not telling lies, letting down people easy with false hopes!

You know, I can’t get over the judges all voting yes to April, who was awful! I would rather listen to a parrot singing! The bird on AGT had a better voice.

I hated Jena, DIAPER GIRL, MISS MUMBLES! BUT……COMPARED TO APRIL, SHE WAS A MUSICAL GENIUS!

5. Laurie says:

The only redeemable thing about tonight’s show is when Brad Paisley pointed out that (eliminated) contestant Sarah Darling had sang at the Grand Old Opry previously when Josh Groban tried to make it appear that Paisley had made her dreams come true by having her perform with him on that stage the other night.

Capitol Records must be cringing at the idea of having to sign one of these contestants to a deal. Tonight’s contestants were all bad. The best of last week’s bunch was Jesse, who would be blown away by the majority of the top contestants from either Idol or The Voice.

LAURIE,

American Idol stank this year! I’ll say one thing! At least RS doesn’t have a bunch of goofy looking characters like AI did this year! AI’s top 10 this year could be in the circus! Maybe a comedy act.

• Laurie says:

This past season was probably Idol’s worst ever, but everyone in the Top 10 is still better than anyone who was on Rising Star last night. The majority of people on Idol can sing. I heard more sharp and flat notes last night than I’ve heard in a full season of Idol (not including AI’s “joke” auditions).

• Angie_Overrated says:

I would say on average that 75% or more of the finalists on Idol can at least somewhat sing. This last season it was more like 20%, and they just so happened to be the two finalists. As bad as Rising Star is, it’s still better than Idol Season 13. Season 14 has nowhere to go but up!

LAURIE,

I DISAGREE! Those 2 country singers on IDOL were horrendous, especially Ben!

This show is terrible, but I thought Jena Irene wasn’t very good (I nicknamed her mumbles)!

Idol may be a little better but nut by a large margin.

BECCA,

Thanks you you and I going back and forth with people, the comments went up in a short time from 62 to 132….a little respectability….LOL! I got a little carried away with people loving these singers, so I kept responding!

• Well I dont get how they can think these singers are good, but also notice that most of the people who have watched lots of the different singing shows agree with us about rising star! I just dont get how some people think this show has good singers! Better singers at the state fair talent shows!

6. LaLucci says:

I think this is a dead on “review” I knew it was all over when all 3 judges voted for that screeching way pitchy “Feeling Good” It was horrendous. This show is so bad it is laughable. I can’t believe Brad Paisley & Josh Groban have associated themselves with this dreck. Kesha & Ludacris probably had nothing else to do anyway.

• CK says:

I’m sure Michael was being a bit nice when he gave “Feeling Good” a C. That mess deserved much much lower. I found myself becoming meaner and meaner as the show went on from that try-hard version of “River Deep” to Thick Darren Criss’ Free Fallin disaster, but Sonnet’s “Feeling Good” Just brought out the worst of me. I can’t believe that someone who can actually sing (Brad) listened to her sing that before the show and didn’t tell her that those notes were just painful aurally.

• Jill Moy says:

Feeling Good was 100 times better than that horrible Animal! April is so terrible, she better give up performing and maybe get a makeover with her Minny Mouse looking hair!

LA,

How about all three voting yes for April’s horrible, horrible ANIMAL? Perfect title, signifying an animal could sound better.

COLTON,

Let’s put it this way…You have no idea who I am! I can tell you this, I have been singing since I was three years old and I promise you, I could have the flu and have a vocal cord injury and out sing all these crappy singers!

So, please don’t tell me I don’t know talent! AGAIN, TAKE THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS….PLEASE!

I’VE MENTIONED 3 SINGERS ON THIS POST SEVERAL TIMES THAT ARE ON AGT! TAKE A LISTEN AFTER YOUR EARS ARE CLEANED OUT REAL GOOD!

COLTON,

PITY HAS 1 (ONE) T in it! And YOU DON’T KNOW “ANYTHING” ABOUT MUSIC, NOT THE WORD “NOTHING” LIKE YOU USED! DID YOU GRADUATE THE 3RD GRADE?

COLTON,

YOU THINK YOU SO FUNNY! VERY NICE PROPER ENGLISH! GO BACK TO 3RD GRADE! ARE YOU FROM PLUTO OR MARS?

• Colton Smith says:

you now come to personal insults, so who is the one who is mature?

COLTON,

OK, I DIDN’T KNOW YOUR LANGUAGE SITUATION! I OVER DID IT A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR PROPER SPELLING AND ENGLISH…..SORRY ABOUT THAT!

But the fact remains, the singers, minus JESSE aren’t very good, no matter where you reside!

• So now your spelling is perfect. You spelled “personal insults” and “mature” perfectly, but cant spell pity? I think you are pulling all of our legs! Are you just putting on an act of someone you are not?

• Colton Smith says:

apology accepted but this is your opinion alone,
            macy ,austin and april also can sing

• Colton Smith says:

calebswackofan , so i wrote extra t on pity , so big deal,

i know how to type very fast , even without looking at the keyboard

COLTON,

I don’t hate anyone! Hate is a strong word! It’s just strange how you’ve mentioned other singers from other shows and say these singers are great!

I didn’t realize English wasn’t your primary language! I told you twice how to spell PITY but you still again spelled it PITTY! Obviously, you don’t want to learn proper spelling or proper English. Am I correct??????

7. Angie_Overrated says:

Two observations:
    Sonnet Simmons – Her first phrase was crazy sharp, she had no breath support, the tone was weak in her upper register where most of the song sat, and I never got the sense she actually understood what she was singing, yet she gets 70%+ of the vote? How?
    Keisha – Gives the most ridiculous advice I’ve ever heard in my life to have the money note at the beginning of the song, then the “experts” chime in and tell her that that’s genius?! This show. This bleepin show.

8. Dee says:

I had a feeling Gabrielle wouldn’t go through. Her personality is extremely unlikeable and gutter. She was doomed as soon as she opened her mouth. Her performance tonight was really bad, too much energy with inconsistent vocals.

I like Sonnet but her voice needs A LOT of work, especially her high notes and falsetto. I think it was the right decision for her not to be voted thru but if she gets saved, I hope she improves.

Macy Kate is incredibly overrated. She’s so overhyped, her voice isn’t that awesome.

DEE,

Agree 100%! They were all bad for sure! Boy, Gabby sure stuck her foot in that big mouth! I saw it coming!

9. Jill Moy says:

Everyone commented last week how Gabby was so wonderful and this week was gonna be great!

Last week I said GABBY wasn’t going anywhere and she STINKS! I hate to brag but you saw what happened! I called her a wannabe diva and she couldn’t win a karaoke contest! I also said you NON-BELIEVERS will find out next week! And everyone blasted me for saying so!

GABBY…..”IN YOUR FACE, MIISS THING!”

• Liberals Steal says:

Jill Moy: You love Rising Star. Just admit it. The time you spend watching it plus commenting on it makes you a fan. There’s just no other way to spin it.

Secondly, you act like performers can’t have off nights and/or America never gets it wrong.

Do you remember Season 4 of The Voice? All the good singers and yet you still ended up with Michelle Chamuel and The Swon Brothers as two thirds of the finale? Or Season 6 where Sisaundra, Audra and Delvin went home on Top 8 Week and Christina Grimmie and Jake Worthington comprised two thirds of the finale?

10. Jill Moy says:

I felt nobody was that good! Was April trying out to play a mouse with that hair style…How tacky! She is a Jena Irene look alike, who is worse than Irene, and that’s hard to do! April was horrid! What are people listening to, to give her all those votes???? AMAZING!

11. Great show. Fantastic of course Sonnet was horrendous but the rest are incredible. I’m a die-hard fan of Rising Star. Stop hating.

JOHN,

WHATEVER! The talent stinks. And I thought AI was bad! The only good singer is JESSE and if he loses, an investigation should be in order! He’s a B PLUS while the rest are C- to C at best (all contestants so far)!

JOHN,

Take a listen on You Tube to 11 year old MARA JUSTINE, 15 year old JULIA GOODWIN and 31 year old KELLI GLOVER! These singers are competing in America’s got talent this year! Every singer that has gone through so far have been very good singers, much better than AI or The Voice, and of course this farce of a show!

Take a listen to them and then tell us the singers on this show are good.

• Dee says:

Sadly, I actually do like RS. Enough to watch it every week. The talent is supbar except for Jesse but I do find it mildly entertaining. I think RS could get a lot better if they make a few adjustments:
      1. Change the judges – Ludacris is critical for the most part and brutally honest when he needs to be. Brad is too inconsistent and seems bored most of the time, he needs to go. Kesha just takes up space. How can you like EVERY act without criticism? She’s not helping the contestants, she hurts them by being too nice. She needs to go ASAP.
      2. Lower the voting power of the judges – 7% for each judge is too much. Maybe 5% or even 3% would be better.
      3. Get better talent. This season had too many karaoke contestants. Only two really stood out to me as talented (Jesse and Gabrielle).

I think if those changes are incorporated, RS could be a lot better.

12. OMG says:

It’s like seeing all joke contestants…. those so called experts are a JOKE. Wait, the entire show is one BIG JOKE! I’m done with this fiasco!

13. Jill Moy says:

How could any living human being vote a yes for April! She better get a job! A worse singer hasn’t existed! Possibly WILLIAM HUNG! In reason memory only BRISTON MARONEY from AI was worse! He’s the king of terrible.

Meant RECENT memory!

• Angie_Overrated says:

April’s amazing compared to the kids on Idol this last season. Are we already forgetting Majesty’s Let it Go? Ben Briley’s Benny and the Jets? Anything CJ sang? Anything MK Nobilette sang? In comparison, April sounds like the lovechild of Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson.

ANGIE,

APRIL last night was one of the worst performances anyone ever heard! Majesty Rose could have the flu and nasel congestion and sound better, singing anything!

• Angie_Overrated says:

I don’t agree with that statement. Any of the ones I just named were far worse than April was last night. I get that you don’t like her, but I think your hatred for the girl is clouding your judgment. The kids from Idol season 13 besides Caleb and Jena were categorically the worst ever on any of these singing shows. And I’m including Rising Star in that comp group.

ANGIE,

First of all, Majest had some great performances! HAPPY was so entertaining! She was a front-runner for awhile. Song choice and her wardrobe did her in. April reminds me of J. Irene, They look so alike and both can’t sing! Jena mumbled when she sang! She was so overrated and always looked like she was wearing a diaper. And her speaking voice was like a 6 year old kid! Like April, she was so homely.

As much as I disliked Jena (GENA), she is better than April, who sounds awful. Her grunts and growling were comical. Michael agrees with me (D-)! A dentists tools do sound better than April, for sure!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Jena can sing. Not sure what you’re basing that opinion off of, but girl can sing her face off. She does something truly bizarre with her vowels that I find offputting, but to say she can’t sing is an objectively incorrect statement. Of all the people from season 13, Jena is the one you hate? How is that possible?! Basically only she and Caleb know how to sing and the rest were varying shades of “oh my god, where’s the mute button.”
            Never liked Majesty. I never once found myself caring anytime she was singing. From her first audition I remember saying to myself “Next!!!” and was shocked the judges loved her.

14. GloJean says:

It’s really sad that it had taken 20 plus years for Gabrielle Nicole to get a lesson in humility. Oh boy, this was a costly lesson… I hope she has learned!

• Dee says:

I wonder if she truly has learned about humility or if she’ll take this loss as an excuse to be even MORE diva-ish. Some people learn to be humble gracefully after a loss while others just get more angry and overly-competitive. I feel like Gabrielle deep down probably feels even more defiant and defensive than before.

ANGIE,

JENA is the second part of your name….OVERRATED! Majesty wasn’t the greatest singer but certainly was better than this dreck and better than MUMBLES, WEAK VOICED JENA IRENE!

Of course you are entitled to your thoughts, but Jena to me couldn’t be understood!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Mumbles maybe, but weak voiced is a silly criticism of Jena. That’s like saying Ariana Grande can’t hit high notes. Sure, it’s an opinion, but it’s not a valid one.

ANGIE,

From the start, the volume of her voice was low. She just, to me sounded sub-par! The worst I ever did picking 2 people from their first audition on every show was 3rd place when Melinda Doolittle was robbed! So, I feel I’m a great judge of talent! This included X Factor, AI and The Voice! Jesse will this thing!

FORGOT, AGT AS WELL!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Congrats on your track record of picking people from auditions, but it doesn’t change the fact that calling Jena weak-voiced is not a valid criticism. Her low notes were weak, but a lot of younger singers have the same problem because it takes awhile for the chest voice to develop.

15. vdofan says:

Every episode feels like more and more that at the season’s end, Their wall will flash in huge letter’s, “You got punk’d, America!” It’ll be revealed that the show is really just a pretend reality, scripted parody based off of all the other networks singing competition shows.

LOL!

ANGIE O,

Thanks for the compliment! I’ve read all your comments and agree with most! I just can’t agree the Irene was good and April was anything but terrible!

To each their own I respect your opinions! Thanks!

16. Tangerine Green says:

These “artist” judges may have done themselves irreparable damage by appearing on this train wreck. Voting through these no-talents is a shame…I have lost a lot of respect for Brad Paisley. Hopefully RISING STAR will be a once and done.

17. Liberals Steal says:

I love when judges or fans of these shows talk about someone “deserving a record contract” or saying how “they’re good enough to be on radio right now”.

Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Kesha, Cher Lloyd and so many others have record contracts and songs played on radio. Clearly, that is no longer an accolade.

Michael Slezak is a whiny little troll. I only read these weekly recaps to see how lame the jokes can get (he hasn’t let me down yet).

• Leena says:

Looking for Gabby to be a Rising Star for she truly is no matter what.

LEENA,

There are millions of black singers who can scream and growl like GABBY! Every talent show ever on tv has plenty every broadcast! She is a below average wannabe diva with a terrible attitude who will never amount to a hill of beans.

I’ll give her credit for her good looks but other than that, she has nothing going for herself!

18. Brendan says:

Sorry but I voted no for Austin the moment he started because I am sick of people singing that song on reality shows. It’s SUCH an easy song to sing and people who sing it always sound pretty good because it’s like talk-singing (very short notes and lots of ways to cover up mistakes). He was good but not unbeatable like they tried to peg him.

• Dee says:

Very true. Also, he oversang the heck out of that song. Way to many runs and vocal gymnastics. Yeah, he may be a pretty good singer but he’s really boring. No personality or charisma really.

• The christian community might try and keep him in the competition. He is a church leader? Correct? I think there is also another bigger guy that is a minister too! Jesse is my favorite. He is really good! The religious vote still hasnt beaten out Jesse. He always gets a 93 or 94! I also like that he is humble, unlike Gabby!

19. Laurie says:

Sonnet is the one who got saved by the West Coast.

20. J says:

As a whole, all the Singing-Compentition shows this year are all on the DECLINE and have all run their coruse!

21. Ann VerWiebe says:

I think the real question is why the universe killed my modem and taking with it my Netflix. I kept trying to watch. And. I. Just. Couldn’t.

22. There’s an actual recap of this flop? My condolences to the writer. Switch over to The Strain. Now that’s a truly good summer show.

23. Jill Moy says:

This show needs a dose of reality! Everyone complained about Simon Cowell, and especially Nicki Minaj from AI!

These judges at least never softened the blow; if a singer was bad they would say “THAT WAS AWFUL!” They wouldn’t let through garbage! I didn’t like how Ludicrous said that the singer who was whispering could still make it in the biz and was good! Why not be honest…..HE STINKS!

All 3 voting yes for APRIL was ridiculous! One of the worst performances ever on tv.

• Colton Smith says:

we already figured out that you dont like the contestants, so dont watch it,
      april has a great voice ,she is very talented and i hope she doesn’t read the awful comments here,people just love to hate

24. Jill Moy says:

Well, RS hit a season low, down 23% from last week! People are tired of less than karaoke talent and ludicrous (no pun intended) judges! After Gabby made her stupid remarks, that turned off viewers. Last week was it’s best ratings so far!

Maybe the whole show is on Candid Camera and the singers are actors…LOL!

Another comment…MACY is so overrated, getting 80% votes! I still feel JESSE is the sure winner! He’s not the greatest singer I’ve heard, but compared to this other dreck, he’s in a class by himself! I’ve never seen Michael give a top rating of C PLUS for the night, EVER, ON ANY SHOW, ANY YEAR! And the C PLUS went to Gabby, who stinks, like all the rest.

If ABC renews this tripe, they are gluttons for punishment! It was a great idea, I thought, but like most people say, judging and talent sucks. They should save face, award the win to JESSE, and cut their losses!

25. Jill Moy says:

Not only did Gabby make stupid remarks last week, she says this week that Macy is a white her, again bragging how wonderful she is! That put the nail in the coffin. Unlike Caleb on AI, voters didn’t forgive Gabby.

WILL SHE EVER LEARN???????????????

26. Colton Smith says:

slezak, i dont see why they hire you to review this show, you are just grumpy,Frustrated clueless in music
    each week you go down on the show and on the contestants
    even though there are some potentials to be stars : jesse ,macy
    true artist : april,austin
    and your grades are simply weird : macy kate gave a knockout to gabrielle,
    she sound amazing , you really should check your earings
    and also april is way better than sonnet and also austin whom you
    hate

• Angie_Overrated says:

Dude, give it up. He knows WAY more about music than you do. You thought Bria Kelly was awesome, now you’re pimping these folks– none of whom can sing! If there’s someone who knows nothing about music and singing here, it’s you.
      Granted, I don’t always agree with Slezak. For instance he loved Caroline Pennell and Dawn & Hawks but hated Sasha Allen. But on average his opinions are fairly informed.

SORRY BUT YOU AND ZLEAK JUST LOVE TO HATE
        YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC OR TALENTS
        HIS OVERALL REVIEWS PROVES THAT

I HOPE THE CONTESTANTS DONT READ HERE

• Angie_Overrated says:

I loved 10 out of the 12 contestants on the last season of The Voice. I think the takeaway here is that I love good singing. And sorry, I know a WHOLE LOT about music. You’re showing your ignorance, kid.

• Colton Smith says:

FROM YOUR COMMENTS IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE PROBABLY HAS THE MATURITY OF A 10 YEARS OLD SO DONT CALL ME KID, IM 28 YEARS OLD

I ALSO LOVE GOOD SINGING AND JESSE,MACY,AUSTIN,APRIL ARE GREAT SINGERS AND ARE TRULY TALENTED BUT THE COMMON BELIEF IS THAT THIS SHOW IS CRAP AND THE CONTESTANTS CANT SING BUT THAT IS BULCRAP

• Angie_Overrated says:

Colton, I sing all day myself and teach singing. I would say about half of my students are light years ahead of any of these contestants, some of whom have only been studying music for a year or two. I say the show is crap and the contestants can’t sing for the simple reason being that the show is crap and contestants can’t sing. Compare Sisaundra, Delvin, Kat, Christina, Audra, Josh, etc from last season of The Voice to any of these people. It’s not even close as to who’s better. The Voice contestants were AMAZING!!! This show? Not so much.

• Angie I agree so much! If You compare this crap with most years of Idol and The Voice, Its ridiculous! One of my favorite years on the voice is the Terry Mcdermot and Nicholas David, Cassidy Pope, and Trevon Hunt too! I think that was his name. Such a good year. and many, many good years on American Idol too! This show is just really embarrassing! There is just no way they couldnt find better talent. I could find better talent at a HO-DOWN BARN DANCE! lol lol

• Colton Smith says:

calebswackofan , i can agree with you , season 3 on the voice was my favourite season , the most talented final ive ever seen , cassadee ,terry and nicholas was awesome

but we shouldn’t compare one show to another , , every show or bunch of contestants stand for themselves
            i watch almost all versions of music reality = x factor,the voice,american idol
            – in uk,usa,australia,canada

27. Jill Moy says:

COLTON,

AGAIN, LEARN PROPER ENGLISH! A 28 YEAR OLD 3RD GRADER? THAT’S THE OLDEST ON RECORD!

personal insults, screw you

COLTON,

TEMPER TEMPER,

ARE YOU MARRIED TO THAT IDIOT GABBY NICOLE! YOU BOTH SOUND CRAZY!

I TAKE BACK MY EARLIER STATEMENT ABOUT NOT KNOWING ABOUT YOUR LANGUAGE SITUATION! AT LEAST I DIDN’T TELL YOU TO SCREW YOURSELF!

YOU HAVE NO CLASS!

JUST WHEN I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY , SUCH AN ASHAME ,
          BECAUSE YOU TOOK IT PERSONALLY , I WROTE THAT

I DON’T WANT TO ARGUE WITH YOU ON A CHILDISH LEVEL
          SO HAVE A NICE LIFE

• Oh Ok Colton, so you said you have watched all of the other talent shows? Honestly you think these singers stand up to some of the great contestants that have been on in the past, on the other shows? I liked little Beatrice Miller from x factor more than any of these girls on this show! She was only 13 years old but magnificent! Go watch her sing titanium on u tube. She is singing it to Britney and Will I Am at the judges house. Or did you watch season 2 of x factor?

• Colton Smith says:

like i said,i dont want to compare,its not fair
            yes i saw season 2 on xfactor, i listen to beatrice and carly rose sonenclar