Ratings: Hell's Kitchen, Gang Related and Game Night Rise, Swedengels Dip

Ratings Gang Related

Fox was two-for-two this Thursday night, as both its programs notched increases.

Hell’s Kitchen, with 4.9 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating, added a few eyeballs plus two tenths in the demo, while Gang Related (2.7 mil/0.9) rose 17 percent and two tenths, netting its best demo number since Episode 2.

Elsewhere on the night….

NBC | Hollywood Game Night (3.9 mil/1.1) rose two tenths, while in their second weeks Welcome to Sweden (2.9 mil/0.8) slipped 17 percent and a tenth and Working the Engels (2.1 mil/0.6) dropped 22 percent and a tenth. Last Comic Standing (3.3 mil/1.1), though, ticked up a tenth.

RELATED Rookie Blue‘s Missy Peregrym Talks Andy/Sam’s Step Forward, ‘Big’ Issues Ahead

ABC | Black Box (3.7 mil/0.6) dipped a tenth, while both Rookie Blue (5.3 mil/0.9) and NY Med (5.1 mil/0.9) were flat.

RELATED Big Brother Recap: Bombs Away

CBS | A Big Bang rerun drew the night’s largest audience (7.2 mil), while Big Brother (6 mil/2.1) was flat week-to-week yet scored the top demo rating.

1. Sarah says:

I wish Rookie Blue would go back up to 1.0+, but at least it’s stable, especially given its lead-in.

• Dean says:

I think it has something to do with the episodes airing earlier in Canada as many have said and that it can be streamed online.

• Sarah says:

Yeah, that definitely has something to do with it, IMO. I just didn’t want to sound like a broken record, completely, when I commented. LOL!

• Sparky says:

I know that I used to watch all the episodes live for previous seasons. Since they are aired earlier in Canada I know what’s happening and the show sits on my DVR.

A show that I would live to get renewed but probably won’t based on its ratings is Black Box. I almost gave up on it after the first couple of episodes but I’m glad I stuck with it. It’s really really good. A different side of medicine and the two leads have great chemistry. Can’t wait to see how it ends next week!!!!

• Sarah says:

I was watching early online at first, but the site I was using tried to give me a couple viruses. Then after ep 5, Global blocking the episodes (at least on my computer). So I just gave up.

• Sarah says:

* started blocking

2. Moment says:

I had to laugh at how Jason from Hells Kitchen mentioned quite a few times on camera that he will make the final 2, and lo and behold. He made small comments throughout even about getting rid of competition and sure enough he’s gone and done it. Bravo.

3. Ally Oop says:

Gang-Related has a great cast and decent acting but I dropped the show a couple weeks ago because I figured it’d be pulled from the air due to poor ratings. And Night Shift was didn’t keep my interest. Welcome to Sweden still has my attention though but it needs improving. And Engels had too many annoying characters. So far, summer network tv has held no hidden gems for me. Broadcast cable has been the real treasure trove this summer with Chasing Life, Finding Carter, Teen Wolf, Young & Hungry, Salem, The Fosters, Orphan Black and Continuum being or remaining keepers.

4. Im enjoying Gang Related alot more than I expected. Thought itd be just another typical cop show, and some ways it is, but I like the casting (Emilio Rivera, SoA) and some episodes have been good. Javier’s brutal fight this episode with Miguel was awesome. Hopefully they wrap it up nice and not on a cliffhanger.

• MC says:

I have really enjoyed this series. The plots have been interesting and suspenseful without abandoning a sense of realism. There are some similarities to The Shield and that may have inspired the casting of Jay Karnes. It’s also great to see Terry O’Quinn in something substantial. Ramon Rodriguez nicely underplays the pivotal role of Ryan Lopez.