Ratings: SYTYCD Hits Low, Extant Dips

So You Think You Can Dance Ratings Low

Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance this Wednesday drew 3.6 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating, shedding a few eyeballs and slipping a tenth to an all-time low demo.

RELATED So You Think You Can Dance Recap: Summer Lovin’ (Had ‘Em a Blast)

Elsewhere on the night….

CBS | Big Brother (6.2 mil/2.0) ticked up 5 percent and a tenth, leading the night in the demo. Extant (7.9 mil/1.5) slipped 18 percent and a tenth from its premiere, but drew the night’s largest audience.

RELATED Extant Recap: Say, Do You Hear the Distant Drums?

NBC | Leading out of an American’s Got Talent rerun (6 mil/1.3, topping SYTYCD), Taxi Brooklyn (4.8 mil/0.8) added some eyeballs but dipped a tenth to a demo low.

ABC | Motive (3.4 mil/0.7) was down 19 percent and a tenth.

1. Kate says:

I’m getting very concerned about SYTYCD. I wonder what Fox’s bottom line is for renewal. I’d miss it so much if it was canceled.

2. Moment says:

It looks like Extant is pretty much dead. I do hope however that CBS doesn’t let the shows failure detract them from trying out new shows in the summer, they may get lucky again and get another Under the Dome type hit.

3. LindaM says:

I suspect that many people save Dance to their dvr’s so they can watch it later and fast forward through some of the more annoying/redundant judges comments. (that’s what I do) So those viewers wouldn’t count. It’s still my favourite show.

• elr says:

I agree with you and Kate that I would be crushed if So You Think You Can Dance gets canceled. I wonder what its numbers are after +3 and + 7 day viewing on DVR are added into the mix.

• Moment says:

At this point, it’s probably best to expect the worse. Fox canceled The X Factor for under performing, and may do the same for this show.

The most recent numbers were the lowest the show has ever fallen too.

• The Beach says:

I certainly do the same as LindaM. I have no patience for sitting through 5-7 minutes of commercials between EVERY dance.

• CWS says:

I agree

4. B says:

Well, only slipping a tenth from its premier doesn’t seem too bad for Extant. It’s not like they lost half the audience. Personally, I’m enjoying the show very much. I appreciate the efforts of some summer shows to do something different, including Extant.

5. Gerri says:

I’m not surprised Big Brother is doing so well this year. There are so many more likable people, and good looking too. I think Cody could try out for Magic Mike 2.
    Extant I tried the first episode and I predicted the numbers would drop. I am not continuing to watch, but the numbers are still good for summer ratings. If they can hold onto their audience.

6. I.R.E. says:

I think SYTYCD should bring back the solos right away in order to increase the ratings. Maybe we should continue begging for the 12th season as strong as possible!

7. Emma says:

It makes me sad to see a deplorable show like Big Brother which showcases the absolute worst in people have twice the ratings as SYTYCD, a show full of artistic, creative, talented people. Oh well, that’s our society for you I guess.

8. Michael says:

Any word on how Bridge is doing?

9. Taina says:

Thx SO MUCH for always making time for your fantastic coverage of SYTYCD. Agree with all your feedback so far this season 11. Living in Europe now so not keeping up w the show as much as I’d like. Any recommendations on what we can do to petition FOX to save the show..kinda freaking out about the ratings..show is simply the best!

10. andreagold says:

Regarding Extant…very good show…but falling in the ratings…what happened to the days when something bad was moved to a different day and time…now they just cancel shows.