NCIS Boss 'Thrilled' for Cote de Pablo's New Gig, Affirms There's No Bad Blood

NCIS Ziva Return

That Cote de Pablo‘s first TV project since her headline-making NCIS exit is on CBS should speak volumes about her post-Ziva relationship with the network she called home for eight years.

RELATED NCIS Alum Cote de Pablo to Star in Dovekeepers Miniseries

“We’ve been saying it all along — we’re thrilled that this Dovekeepers project has come up for her,” NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg told TVLine following his appearance at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour, where he was promoting the spin-off NCIS; New Orleans.

De Pablo’s miniseries gig — about four women in ancient Israel whose lives intersect at the siege of Masada — “is unique and different,” he noted. “I’m really pleased for her. It’s a great thing.”

RELATED Entire NCIS Cast Is Signed for Season 12

So, once and for all, there’s no bad blood between boss and his onetime star? Meaning, the door is ostensibly open for de Pablo to reprise her NCIS role someday, if only for an episode? “There’s no bad blood,” Glasberg answered. “I promise you there’s no bad blood.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. lynneric says:

Sorry, but I can’t help but feel a little resentment. After all, she said she wanted family time in whichever country she was from. I doubt that the filming will take place there.

• TullaT says:

Actually she has been traveling quite a lot, and made a movie. She did not move back to Chile to be with her family. Her father and siblings all live in the US.

• Andrea says:

You don’t know that she’s not having more family time. Movies and miniseries have different shooting schedules than a one-hour TV drama. This may allow her the opportunity to travel to Chile (or any other location where her family might be) in between projects—in a way that she wasn’t able to do while on NCIS. Having family time does not always equate with not working at all. However, it often does equate to working in a different way, which is now what Cote appears to be doing.

• Annette says:

Well, she did spend a couple of months filming in Chile & was spotted in Portugal for Daniela Ruah’s wedding and in Spain recently as well. And then a fan posted on tumblr a picture of her with Cote in NYC as recently as a week ago, with her new short hair style. And looks like filming for The Dovekeepers will be in Sept., most likely in South Africa.

• TullaT says:

Exactly. She did not “quit to spend time with her family in Chile”. When she was filming there, she was on location in the desert, nowhere near her family.

2. Harriet Miller says:

Read the Dovekeeper. So excited that Cote will be in the miniseries.

3. al haborak says:

hi ziva glad you got a new show if only they get rid if that dumb blonde that replaced you i might watch the show again . if not i’ll wait for you and your new show. good luck.

4. Megan says:

I hope that she doesn’t come back to NCIS. The pairing of Tony and Ziva was terrible. Why would Tony want to be with a person that verbally and physically assaulted him? She calls him dead weight, tells him I need a shower after talking to you, and what would a woman want with you. Then she throws him down when he’s already hurt, points a gun to his chest and leg and wishes him dead. Yes, she was angry with him, but she had all that time to calm down. It makes me sad that people think that this is okay because they like the couple. Just because your angry with someone makes it alright to beat up on them. I wonder if Tony was the one who threw Ziva to the ground when she was hurt, pointed a gun to her chest and then leg and wished her dead. And if he told her that she was dead weight, says to her I need a shower after talking to you and what would a man want with you. Would people still want Tiva, or is it just because it happened to a man it’s okay? Whether it happened to a man, or woman it’s not okay to beat up, or verbally abuse anyone. Some people says Tony deserved it, but nobody deserves to be put through that.

5. BETH says:

THAT IS GREAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HER TO GET BACK ON TV.

6. fran says:

well that wont turn out well. lol no one survived masada. by the time the romans managed to get to them they had done the jim jones thing.

7. cherry says:

Everyone is blaming cbs, glasberg for cote departure. Let’s not forget that actors have agents or someone to represent them & they are probably the ones doing the negotiating. Did any one think that she had to turn down roles because of doing the show & maybe she wants to do other things. I like bishop & i don’t even miss ziva. I got tired of her & Tony always doing everything & poor McGee was stuck behind the desk. Now he gets to do more.

8. Jim FLeming says:

wish she would come home to NCIS

9. Josie Blume says:

NCIS is not the same without Ziva.

10. sara says:

I heard she wanted to make more money than everybody.

• TV Gord says:

I heard she wanted to marry Barack Obama and become first lady. Then, I heard she wanted to divorce him and marry Blorg, the leader of Blorion 5, and become first lady of the galaxy.

Hint: What you “hear” is rarely true.

• TullaT says:

That’s a lie invented and spread by the handful of fanatical Cote haters. There is no source at all that supports it.

11. Milton H, Thurston says:

She is a very good actress , and I do not know why on gods green earth she quit the show , she was so great on it , I hope she knows what she is doing , but some of these actors do not know when they have it made all ready in what they have now , I hope she does not flop , but I really think she will in this new show coming up .

12. Jaycee says:

This proves it once and for all. Cote left on her own laurels and it was her decision to do so.
    Cote will return if they ask her and if she wants to.

13. berdeanyolles says:

I’m looking forward to seeing it

14. TJ says:

Big Ziva/Cote fan-last summer around this time, I heard Cote was not coming back due to her grandfather’s health (he lived in Chile and in his 90s). Cote wanted to spend time with him. Also, she wanted to spend time with her family. That’s why she asked for less episodes and more $$-plus she does a lot of her own stunts. Cote has been on the show for 8 years and was one of the reasons that I watched it. If Tony and Cote were in love with each other for that amount of time, how can Tony turn right around and get involved with some one else? Plus note Tim is married in real life and has a child-on the show, he is involved with someone.

• TullaT says:

She did not leave the show to spend time with her grandfather. She has been traveling the world, making a movie, and partying with her friends.

15. Joanne Cain says:

I don’t care who’s choice it was for her to leave the show all I know is the show is not the same without her. I feel with her gone it lacks that spark that the interplay between her and Tony added to the series.

16. PL Smith says:

Bring her back to NCIS – the new blonde talks way too fast, stupid premise that she can think her way to solve a case. Bring back Ziva!!!!!

17. Reda Bergh says:

The show is not the same without you

18. DOCjms says:

Miss her but the show does go on. Just wish the new gal was more intriguing or interesting.

19. Sandy says:

Happy for her! I miss her on NCIS though and haven’t been very faithful in watching. It’s just not as good without her.

20. timincal says:

Sometimes it is not about the role or the money it is a person wanting to expand their acting experience and not being known for one role..Just be happy they didn’t kill her off..

21. kimdi01 says:

It seems all the “bad blood” is the manufactured news of the media outlets trying to boost their markets. So the media news outlets have now resulted in making up their own stories to produce sales.

22. Linda says:

Ever since “Ziva” left, NCIS has limped along, a sad shell of its former self. Also, I predict that unless the characters on the new New Orleans NCIS get a more realistic acting performance, that show will go down the drain. I faithfully tried to watch the two part episode and felt that it was really a promo for New Orleans and that the charcaters came across so unrealistic and artificial that I could not seriously follow with any interest the story line. Maybe the NCIS franchise is running out of good ideas as this past season made me question whether I would continue to be a fan in the coming season. Only time and the quality of the show, or lack of quality story lines, will tell.

23. M says:

The story at NCIS is suffering, IMO. Not mentioning Ziva, X-Files was a great example of how a former character was kept alive, is like not talking about rules or coffee on NCIS. She is part of the fabric of the show and her story intertwined with each character at some point. If Tony left; I would expect to hear about the former very special agent who occupied that desk. AND I would definitely expect to hear occasional updates on how he was doing, in his new job, or new situation of whatever sort – unless he died.

Ziva was written out in the poorest way they could have. They undercut one of the strongest female characters to ever grace the TV screen. I am so disappointed that this strong, tough as nails woman was reduced to a whimpering mess. Ziva survived so much through her time with NCIS and she should not have been left in a puddle of emotional wreckage!

For THIS team who considered her family to just forget her is unconscionable! It is COMPLETELY out of character and not the team/family we came to know over all these years. They would have kept tabs on her even if casually. To not make mention? Sickening to the story narrative they established for so long.

Cote, I would love to see back, but Ziva is part of the story and should at the very least be mentioned and honored. Ziva David is a rich, complex character that deserves better.

24. Susie Morgan says:

I am so sorry that Cote is off of the NCIS show. However, I am so glad that she is moving on. She is a wonderful actress. Too bad NCIS-your loss.

25. Nice going girl!! I hope you don’t become type cast as playing the part of a Jewish person.
    Are you going to take your “old friend” with you when you go back in time to 70 CE?? Good
    luck and don’t forget to stop in on Micheal when you’re in Hollywood. I’ll watch for you. Love

• TullaT says:

so you think a witch living in 70 CE and a Mossad officer in the 21st century equals typecasting? only if all jews look the same to you.

26. Nice going girl!! Are you going to ask Tony (Michael) for your “old Friend” back, so you can
    take it with you in the way, way, back machine to 70 CE. Now you’re really going to have to
    learn to speak Hebrew. Stop in on Tony and his new baby when you’re in Hollywood. Love

27. Babs says:

I think the reason why everybody is still so upset about this NCIS/Ziva thing is that they simply didn’t have enough time to end the storyline, I mean she was just getting close with Tony and than she was just gone, it was way to quick.

28. Bette James says:

Wish she was back. program not the same without her. Don’t watch now..

29. Beverly Atkins says:

The show is really not the same without her, the new actress just doesn’t cut it. they went from a great actress to a really stupid character. Need to find someone similar to what they had to make the show good!

30. dan says:

i have seen every episode of this great show it is well written and well acted i just do not
    understyand why toy bring a new person and gibbis does what he does not do change his
    mind and 2 marines die and the new person is rewarded with a job is this a change in the
    show if so i think it is wrong

• TullaT says:

Yes, it is a change in the show. In the new show, the new girl orders Gibbs around, is not a team player, gets rewarded for her mistakes, and contributes nothing to the team. Hope you enjoy it.

• OlivaK says:

I do enjoy it–if you are so disdainful of everything NCIS–why are you haunting these comments like a demented fly–commenting over and over after people who DO like it? Obsessed much? Reading this entire article and comments you keep coming back day after day–I’d say get a grip and get a life, but I think it’s too late.

• Guest(real name still remain a secret says:

@OlivaK AW SHUT UP!! TullaT can come on EVERY article regarding NCIS(a predictable crime show that has overstayed it’s welcome) if she wants to. Why? because it’s her choice! The only person that needs to get a life AND a grip is YOU, but it might be too late. At the end of the 2014-2015 tv season there could be 1, 2, 3 or NO NCIS AT ALL! (laughing maniacally) i love being the anti-hero! (stops laughing maniacally) (in Gary from the Fairy Oddparents voice) laughing maniacally not cool.

31. Linda says:

Ziva needs to come back. The show is still great but she is missed.

32. Lisa says:

She is talented and likeable. She can do pretty much any role she wants.

33. Cheryl Victor says:

I am very happy for Cote’s new role. I for one truly believe that her portrayal of the tough, loyal and compassionate Ziva David was the best part of NCIS. I still miss her.

34. Cheryl Victor says:

i truly believe that her portrayal of the tough, loyal and compassionate Ziva David was the best part of NCIS. I still miss her.

35. jim9660 says:

Cote is still smoking hot :)

36. steve says:

I wish she would come back, that role was meant for her she was the best, even if she came back for Tony.

37. marcie says:

I am happy for Cote. I wish her much success. I will watch her new show.

38. No Bad Blood? Why the hell would there be any bad blood? They parted company in good standing. No disputes or anything like other actor/actresses have done in the past.

The title of this article is merely trying to gain views by making people believe there was a reason for bad blood between her and the NCIS production company. Total BS again in reporting. I call this NONE NEWS!!

39. EMILY SALDIVAR says:

ALL I KNOW THAT SHE IS BETTER SUITED FOR HER ROLE ON NCIS, SHE HAS THE PERSONALITY AS ZIVA. I LIKE HER TO COME BACK, I DON’T LIKE THIS NEW PERSON EMILY WHAT EVER. PLEASE PLACE HER BACK ON NCIS.

40. Me says:

I think Ziva should return to the show for 1 episode…..carrying Anthony Dinozzo the Third.

41. jcboston says:

Show is a pale reminder of what it once was. They’re misogynous towards most female characters anyway

42. Paul Ransom says:

Say what you will, she is a star in her own right and is making her own desisions as well she should!! Do I miss her?? You better believe I do but her not being there is never going to stop me from watching NCIS!! Also if the show ever does go away you can bet I’ll be watching reruns (LOL) I was really upset when they killed off Kate but Ziva made up for it!! Now we just need to give the new gril a chance!!!

43. I hope that she dose come back she was a lot better than the women on there now.

44. Cheryl says:

Except I have bad blood for her. Her fans were in love with her, and her relationship to the cast. She turned her back on them and her fans to go on. Her next “gig” has to be amazing to out-do her role on NCIS. Good luck with that.

• shelly says:

How did she turn her back on you? Do you personally know her? Did you work with her? People leave jobs all the time. My husband does not discuss with his coworkers when he will be leaving for a new company
      or a new position. He
      doesn’t discuss how much
      he makes or what his terms
      are. Do you? Why should
      Cote? She left a job. That is
      all it is; a job! She
      negotiated; she didn’t like
      the terms; she moved on.
      End of story. Were you
      paying her salary? Are you
      her manager? I don’t know
      why you think she owes you
      anything. I love Cote but I
      love her enough to respect
      her decision. I really want to
      know how many of you
      would work the hours she
      had been working without
      complaint? Working 12-16
      hours a day for 5-6 days a
      week for over 9 months
      every year for 8 years; that’s
      brutal! Obviously some
      people can handle that
      schedule while others find it
      grueling. I, for one, wouldn’t
      want to do it. I might enjoy
      my favorite waitress at a
      restaurant or have a teacher
      I want to have for a class-
      one day I can show up and
      find both of them gone.
      Should I hate them and feel
      bad blood towards them
      because one won’t be there
      to know my exact order and
      the other won’t be there to
      teach the class I wanted to
      take? No. It’s their lives.
      They don’t owe me
      anything. So unless Cote is
      responsible for your
      personal well being or is
      your financial care taker, she owes you NOTHING.

45. peggy says:

Who cares! She’s gone so leave it alone.

46. Annette says:

So excited for Cote’s new role in The Dovekeepers and glad to see there’s no bad blood between Cote and CBS. I wonder why Glasberg didn’t answer the question about Cote making a guest appearance though. We know Cote said in her only interview with TV Guide that she’s open to making guest appearances since her character didn’t die. And Michael Weatherly has stated he hopes Cote will come back. Oh, well, guess the non answer tells us that Glasberg doesn’t want to ask her back.

47. Nancy Brown says:

We the people who love NCIS would be really really “thrilled” if Cote returned to play Ziva:)

48. Sorry: i watch thiis show and its just not the same, bring her back. Hr

49. carolyn dean says:

We are waiting for her return to NCIS!!

50. Cecile Harriman says:

Would love to see Zeva return to NCIS, I miss not seeing her in the new series I still see her on Wednesdays whenever that is on. Keep NCIS going. Love the show and all the stars..