Report: Enlisted May Get Yahoo Revival

Enlisted Renewed Season 2

Let’s run this up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes: Enlisted may command a second season after all.

RELATED New Fox Bosses Foresee No Rash Decisions, Face One Burning Question

Per our sister site Deadline, 20th Century Fox Television, which produced the beloved yet one-and-done Fox comedy, is in “preliminary” talks with Yahoo to continue the Hill brothers’ adventures via the burgeoning Yahoo Screen platform.

Just two weeks ago, Yahoo Screen brokered a deal to give Community fans their sixth season.

Created by Kevin Biegel and starring Geoff Stults, Chris Lowell and Parker Young, Enlisted was cancelled by Fox in early March, along with fellow freshman Surviving Jack, Dads and Rake.

1. Miranda says:

Oh please please please let this happen Yahoo.
    Enlisted deserves a second chance – then a third and a fourth.
    I’m still laughing just thinking about some of the scenes from that first season!

• rowan77 says:

I feel the same way! Such a funny show with heart! I was not surprised, but was very sad the show was cancelled. It was on the wrong night. Fox didn’t care about the program and it showed. I truly hope Yahoo picks up the show!!

• Miranda says:

Yeah it’s not fair that the talented people working on this show had to pay for Kevin Reilly’s incompetence.
        Enlisted was one of the freshest comedies from last season and its crazy to see it so undervalued by the very people who commissioned it.
        Yahoo are definitely on the right track!

• If it’s any consolation, Kevin Reilly also paid for his incompetence by being forced to resign. Fox’s ratings tanked across the board, especially Friday night’s, which are always the first to go. By spring, even Fox premieres and finales were rating lower than Enlisted on the Friday night deathslot, when it had no lead-in, no promotion, a postponed premiere up against the Olympics, a messed-with episode order, premature pulling of new episodes and horrible treatment all around. Reilly sabotaged a critically acclaimed show like Enlisted, and yet mollycoddled a critically reviled show like Dads–with the end result that he cancelled both shows. Enlisted really did not deserve its fate, so I hope Yahoo Screen can give it the chance it merits.

2. ZmaX says:

oh wow! i guess Yahoo is the new self proclaimed show saver. Good luck to Enlisted fans, hopefully they get back their show back :)

3. CBWBDK1 says:

This would be so awesome!! I love this show!!

4. Zach says:

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!

5. Moment says:

Perhaps they could also look at Raising Hope.

6. lilyevans21 says:

This would be amazing! I really hope Yahoo picks it up. It was a show cancelled long before it should have been and it’s a crippling shame Fox shoved it onto Fridays from the get go, never really giving it a fair chance.

• spartan says:

I checked it out because someone in my Twitter feed was sooo passionate about it. Not a big sitcom person, but it did have a lot of heart and was nowhere near as stupid as a lot of them. (See: “The Millers.”) For that matter, it’s as good as or better than that Andy Samberg cops sitcom. I guess what “Enlisted” really needed was an SNL alum so the TV writers would hype it more!

7. Rebecca Parker says:

This would be AMAZING. Enlisted is fresh and new and awesome and needs a second season!

8. Diz says:

No thanks. I checked out after the first month.

9. Brian says:

Bring back “Raising Hope” instead!!!

• Moment says:

I wonder if Yahoo or Netflix or another suitable partner has even asked Fox about this show? It has quite a big fanbase, and was one of the most fun sitcoms in recent years. It seems strange that nothing has been said about it, it must be quite cheap to make too.

• July Lark says:

IDK, a vocal fanbase but it didn’t even get a million viewers for the finale on network tv where all you have to do is turn on your set not search on the internet for it. Good luck to it, I enjoyed the nice bro interaction.

• Zach says:

Yeah, but season 4 was pretty bad.

• Moment says:

I liked it, I thought the Burt Bucks episode was classic. There’s not many Sitcoms out there that have that special kind of thing going for it like Raising Hope had. If yahoo wanted more internet exposure for their yahoo screen service with their show revivals, this one would do more.

• Zach says:

I did enjoy Burt Bucks, and really liked the Hitchcock one. But most of the season just seemed to focused on Burt and Virginia (both of whom I like, but it’s not Raising Hope if Hope isn’t there).

• Moment says:

You are right in a way, I just saw it as the sitcom evolving past its original premise and involving the entire family more. Everyone had a chance to really shine. And when it came down to the quality of the acting, I think out of the entire cast, Burt and Virginia were the best.

10. ben says:

Love a second season of Enlisted! But would we still be able to see the episodes free? Or would be have to subscribe to something else?

11. leahbh says:

I loved that show. But haven’t the actors already moved on to other projects?

• torimelching says:

Yes. But just like a show like Cougar Town they let the actors try and find other work, just in case they don’t get picked up. My understanding this is the same way. Same with Breaking In it was cancelled then brought back like 6 months later.

• Ugh says:

Often in actor contracts, they are permitted to look at other deals, but there is a show that is the primary position. So if it gets picked up, they are contractually obligated to stay with the show. Think Damon Wayons, Jr. when he was in the pilot of New Girl, but then Happy Endings got renewed and he went back to that show. I’m sure there is a deadline, but they must still have some time.

• Two of the actors were cast in the pilot for Cuz-Bros, but the pilot wasn’t picked up. I’m not sure about the others.

12. Ugh says:

Here’s hoping! This would be so amazing. Hands on Heads!

13. torimelching says:

All sorts of YES. The fans, including myself have been HUGE on social media. Everything gets directed at Yahoo Screen.

14. Don’t toy with my TV Line. I can’t stand this heartbreak.

15. EJ386 says:

Amazing! Really hope it works out

16. Williwasnt says:

Somebody get the people behind Surviving Jack on the phone with Yahoo.

17. espy88 says:

Do they still have the cast under contract? I know Parker Young and Keith David have a new show…

• Gerald says:

I think Geoff Stultz also is in a new show with Parker Young, but nothing says they can’t do two shows. If their schedules and contracts will allow. I REALLY hope they can make this happen.

18. Grey says:

How is this possible with 2 of the 3 leads booked on other projects? Did their contracts with Enlisted not officially expire yet?

19. Nichole says:

only thing that could make that news any better was if they picked up surviving jack too!

20. Noemi says:

yes please!!!!!!!!!!!

21. I really hope this happens. “Enlisted” is one of the funniest shows I’ve seen in a very long time!

22. c-mo says:

This would be amazing if it happens and Yahoo! would be a great home for it!

23. Madd says:

Let this happen! Yahoo should just take over for mynetworktv so we have an actual channel with new shows instead of just all syndicated series. Along the way they can pick up some other good cancelled shows.

24. Honestly the show I want to see brought back is Suburgatory. Pretty sure it had better ratings than Community and Enlisted, and it was fantastic. Even in it’s most ridiculous moments the show managed to shine.

• Moment says:

Suburgatorys finale rated at 5.23 million 1.6/5 18-49. Better than Revenge was pulling but as it needed another 31 episodes for syndication ABC decided against renewing. It’s nonsense really, the ratings were great, higher than Nashvilles too.

• LB says:

Totally agree! The writing was so great. I know that the show creator has another show in the works. I can only hope that it is similar to Suburgatory, but there will never be another Tessa/George!

25. Daphne says:

Wow, Yahoo! is really helping me deal with my TV disappointments this year. Could they also fix the HIMYM series finale? *pretty please*

26. CJ says:

I’m not getting my hopes up too high, but if this works out I will be very, very happy. Such a gem of a show that was never even given a chance due to the personal preference of a man who no longer has a job.

27. M3rc Nate says:

Really enjoy the show but id like it if they had a locked down plan for the next lets say 2 seasons assuming it was enough of a hit to last more than one season. So far not much has changed with every character….why? cause thats network tv…establish characters, have them stay stagnant and have things happen to them situationally every episode, but at the end of every episode they end up back where they were.

But i want to see them succeed, i want to see him eventually (maybe the end?) get back into the Rangers, and either the oldest or youngest brother get into a “relationship’ with the latina character who is cool…you know? have stuff actually HAPPEN.

28. Citizen of the Internet says:

Hell yes, Yahoo. Please renew this show

29. E. says:

This would be so great!! FOX didn’t seem to know it had such a gem on its hands.

30. rosie5656 says:

This would make my cry tears of joy!

31. Zorkel says:

I’d love to see this happened. And if so, it’d give me big reason to check out the show

32. Joey Padron says:

Hope Yahoo will pickup show like they did with Community! It would make so happy!

33. Mary Wolfe says:

Make this happen please!!! Criminally underrated show. Stripes with a heart.

34. Beth says:

Just saying, I would give to a kickstarter to make this happen. Great show, huge heart – I don’t think it got the right timeslot.

35. mdbchud says:

PLEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. Ariel says:

Enlisted fans are like that loud,obnoxious family at a graduation ceremony. They make a lot of noise for there to be so few of them.

37. Amy says:

That would be so, so great!!

38. Zach says:

Hope this happens! I enjoyed the show a lot.

39. Tai says:

If this actually happens I will be one happy camper. This is some much needed happy news in my otherwise down day. Crossing my fingers and hoping Yahoo will come through.

40. cathms says:

I need this to happen.

41. Mary Kate says:

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

42. This would be awesome…please, please, please!!!!

43. As a military retiree this show is very close to my heart, and it absolutely deserves an honest chance at finding success. There are belly laughs and tugs at your heartstrings, usually in the same scene. The tears from both are very real. Military life is hard, and sometimes crazy, for both the servicemembers and their families.The people of #Enlisted, in front of the camera and behind it, “get” it. I hope Yahoo! gives us more of this special, wonderful show.

44. Tony says:

please yahoo renew this feel good comedy that is funny and heart warming in every episode i love it reminds me of me and brothers yahoo give this wonderful show a home. forever die hard enlist fan for life

45. tammy johnson says:

If you gave enlisted a chance you will see what I see and all other enlisted fans see that this is a wonderful show enlisted deserves season 2 fox never gave it a chance please bring enlisted back

46. Deanne says:

Please Yahoo!! Save this show!

47. MoshiMoshi says:

YES PLEASE!!!!!

48. Yes please yes yes yes! :-)

49. Julio says:

Now all I need is for Yahoo to pick up Happy Endings…

• dman6015 says:

Sorry, that ship has sailed. They needed to get the actors secured while still under contract for the show. Happy Endings was canceled far too long ago, and all the actors dispersed to the winds.