Doctor Who Trailer: Peter Capaldi Faces Aliens, Dinosaurs and More in Season 8

The Doctor is back, and he’s got some wrongs to right.

RELATED Doctor Who Scripts Leak Online; BBC Asks Fans Not to Spoil Season 8

BBC One premiered the first full-length trailer for the upcoming season of Doctor Who on Sunday, and it’s got everything a Whovian could possibly want: aliens, robots, dinosaurs. You know, the usual.

“I’m the Doctor, I’ve lived for over 2,000 years,” Peter Capaldi’s Doctor says in the trailer. “I’ve made many mistakes. It’s about time that I did something about that.”

Doctor Who‘s eighth season premieres Saturday, Aug. 23, on BBC One.

Any thoughts on the full-length trailer? Drop ‘em in the comments section below.

1. DarkDefender says:

I love it. Cannot wait to watch. :)

2. JeffDJ says:

Love it! About time we got a proper trailer! Can’t wait for the new season!

3. you know says:

Peter is soo sexy in this trailer,and I was like David who?

4. Bark Star says:

Lets hope Capaldi can bring us out of the Smith dark ages. Moffat is still there so its gonna be tough.

5. kd83954 says:

I may or may not have squealed! As much as I LOVED Matt, I’m really really excited to see Peter. The trailer definitely makes it seem like Twelve is going to be darker and more edgy, which I’m totally down for. I’m stoked to see what the chemistry is like between Twelve and Clara, as well as with Vestra and co. Basically, I need series 8 immediately.

6. Shaun says:

The premiere was horrible,found it online.Starts off scramble brained and doesn’t improve much.

7. Maggie says:

I’m looking forward to Capaldi in the role. Tennant is still my favorite Doctor, but Capaldi may give him a run for his money. (I also wouldn’t mind a mini-series with Paul McGann.)

8. Rich Abey says:

Wow. This is a totally different mood compared to the past 2 doctors (David Tennant & Matt Smith’). While all the previous doctors of Nu-Who meant business they always maintained a light atmosphere. Peter Capaldi’ on the other hand is full on serious..and I’m loving it!