Christopher Walken to Play Captain Hook In NBC's Peter Pan

Christopher Walken Peter Pan NBC

NBC is giving Christopher Walken the Hook.

The network announced on Sunday at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour that the Oscar winner will star as the infamous villain Captain Hook in its adaptation of James M. Barrie’s high-flying classic, Peter Pan Live!

RELATED NBC Approached Kristen Bell to Star in Peter Pan Live!

The flying-without-but-hopefully-with-a-net production was announced in January, as a follow-up to the Peacock’s high-rated surprise smash The Sound of Music Live!, which starred Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer and drew nearly 19 million total viewers.

RELATED NBC Renews America’s Got Talent, Ninja Warrior and Last Comic

The project reunites Walken with producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who brought Hairspray — in which the actor played Wilbur Turnblad — to the big screen.

Peter Pan Live! will likely premiere in December.

1. David4 says:

Awesome! Great casting.
    I live Peter Pan.

2. emy26 says:

yeah i prefer colin o’donoghue as captain hook. i couldn’t imagine seeing another guy playing him on tv

• A.B. says:

Dustin Hoffman for one.

• emy26 says:

dustin hoffman was THE hook, he brought the character to life, he was the most compatible actor for the role. but that was a movie and dustin hoffman is one of the top hollywood actors and he would never do television, unless it was an hbo production or something equally expensive. so that’s why i’m saying that on television i for one prefer colin o’donoghue

• David Kahoun says:

Yes, but since he is already playing Hook on ABC, why would he also play him on NBC? I’m sure he couldn’t get out of Once Upon a Time anyway and why would we want him to?

• Moment says:

I agree but an older more experienced Hook would be better in this case.

3. Mandy says:

Any word on if he’ll play Mr. Darling too? That’s the tradition in most Peter Pan productions.

4. Eric says:

YES! I didn’t watch The Sound of Music Live because I was too big a fan of the original, and I couldn’t imagine seeing an American Idol in Julie Andrews’s role, but I’ll watch Chris Walken in anything. And as Captain Hook? Darn right!!

5. Essie says:

That’s awesome, I think he will be great. I always thought Jason Isaacs played Hook really great in the 2003 Peter Pan movie.

6. Davey Elmer says:

Walken seems a bit old for the role, particularly given the stage tradition of double-casting the actor playing Hook as Mr. Darling, but I’ll reserve full judgment until I see the finished product.

7. Yeahman says:

Walken is a great actor but shouldn’t Hook be a little younger. Like around his 50′s?

8. Tonya Oster says:

OMG!! Walken as hook!!! A fantasy I didn’t know I had just came true!!! LOVE IT!!!