Video: Elisabeth Hasselbeck Is Not Happy Rosie Is Returning to The View

elisabeth-and-rosie

It appears Elisabeth Hasselbeck has been holding on to some intense anger towards her onetime View rival Rosie O’Donnell.

Addressing buzz that O’Donnell is thisclose to returning to The View, a vacationing Hasselbeck phoned her current colleagues at Fox & Friends on Wednesday morning to weigh in on the development. Spoiler Alert: She’s fit to be tied!

PHOTOS The New View: TVLine Names 13 Nightmare Replacement Hosts

“What could ruin a vacation more than to hear news like this?” she harrumphed on air. “Here comes to The View the very woman who spit in the face of our military, spit in the face of her own network, and, really, in the face of a person who stood by her and had civilized debates for the time that she was there.”

PHOTOS The New View: Pick Your Dream Hosts!

Hasselbeck went on to allege that O’Donnell told her she “produced” the recent View reunion show that aired during Barbara Walters’ farewell week, claiming that she marched around the set “with a lot of control.”

The rambling, borderline-embarrassing tirade comes as reports say O’Donnell is finalizing a seven-figure deal to reclaim her old perch at ABC’s struggling chattiest.

1. Kim says:

Drag her, Ausiello.

• Shazay says:

SO HAPPY that tvline is FINALLY opening it’s doors and becoming more of a gossip site. Love it!!

• TV Gord says:

Um, no. I love this site more than any other because it avoids the gossip trap. I would bail on TV Guide’s website if there weren’t so many “commenters” whom I enjoy.

I don’t put this in the gossip file, since this is what Elisabeth actually said on her show.

• M3rc Nate says:

I agree…no to TVLine becoming a gossip site. Also…if i wasnt interested at all in watching The View before…now with Rosie back? Id rather kill myself than watch it.

• Kim R says:

That is why I enjoy this site so much. I followed Michael Slezak here when I could not find his Idol recap on EW a few years back. No one recaps Idol like him. So funny. What I found when I got here was refreshing. Just news. I have started watching so many great shows because of this site alone. No gossip is excellent.

• Bryce says:

I don’t think that is what’s happening. I think they’re just reporting on an obviously hot story. It’s not like they’re fabricating things like tabloids.

2. David4 says:

borderline-embarrassing? Everything that comes out of her mouth is an embarrassment to our country’s educational system.

• Robby Horine says:

Because she is a conservative? Right? Just admit it, you don’t like people who disagree with you.

We’ve seen the echo chamber the View was this year, do you want all 4 or 5 women thinking the same beliefs?

• D. says:

liberals are just as close minded as conservatives in regards to opposing views, it’s not a political thing it’s a human thing.

• Liz says:

Lol no it’s not. My being left wing means I’m open to people wanting to live their lives differently and hearing differing opinions on subjects. Right wing people have a fervent faith in their beliefs that make them harder to change.

• Megan says:

Not that they need to, of course. D is right. Picking a side and sticking to it no matter what is not unique to any one party.

• Ben says:

I’m also a liberal, but a conservative response to your comment would be that ‘liberals are closed minded about the possibility of moral absolutism, the idea that there are ‘wrong’ ways to live their lives’. There are also plenty of left wing people with ‘fervent faith in their beliefs’ – take Richard Dawkins for example. His beliefs are not religious, but he is still firmly entrenched. The simple truth is, both conservatives and liberals have people who are very open to hearing differing views, and people who are not.

• MissMel says:

I’d like to ask you a question. It’s not meant to stir up trouble, it’s just something I have a genuine curiosity about. You said in your comment that you believe people have a right to live their lives differently, but then go on to say that right wing people have a “fervent faith in their beliefs that make them harder to change.” My question is: Why should they have to change their beliefs? If everyone is, in fact, entitled to live in their own way, aren’t right wing people entitled to live the way THEY want without being called names or openly scored by people who claim to be “liberal?”

That’s why I’ve always steered clear of referring to myself as liberal or left-wing, even though I guess most people would consider me to be that. I support gay rights, I’m pro-choice, etc. But I find that most of my family and friends who CLAIM to be liberal would have no problem passing judgement on conservatives whose opinions differ from theirs or to dismiss someone’s view of a situation because it is based on a religion they don’t believe in. When they say people have a right to live their own way, they mean people have a right to live their own way as long as it doesn’t go against what THEY find acceptable. It always seems a bit hypocritical to me.

• LoLo says:

I disagree. If I express that I do not agree with a policy of the president, I am immediately close minded and racist. When I disagree with my very liberal friends then I am not open to thought or differing opinions. On the contrary, I listen to differing opinions and make my decision. I have rationale for what I believe, and I am quite willing to share it. And if you think that leftists don’t have fervent beliefs then I dare say you haven’t been to a pro-abortion rally or gay rights rallies. I have been to both. Your very statement shows your biased opinion to those who are right wing. You are open..they are feverent. You like differing opinions…right wingers’ faith makes them harder to change. Liz, the sad part is you will automatically assume I am a right winger from way back because of what I typed right here. This is why political affliations are detrimintal to our society. If I say I am Democrat or Republican automatically I am assumed to be one way or another. And I am. I have very firm beliefs that are all over the spectrum. There are many of us who feel and think this way.

• Glenn says:

I think it would be great if they could find an intelligent, rational, educated conservative, modern woman to be a host on the View.

• David4 says:

Exactly.

I like how people think Faux News and the idiots on that made up news channel all think it’s because I disagree with them or love Obama.

I hate Obama, he is weak and a criminal just like Bush 2 was. This has to do with throwing out science and just being stupid, and trying to pass it off as fact or news.

I know the GOP doesn’t have a ton of women in the party but there has to be a few intelligent ones out of the 100 million GOPers. Get one.

Just like there are a million liberal comedians and we really don’t need Rosie back.

• DL says:

Would’ve been great to see S.E. Cupp on this if she wasn’t doing CNN’s Crossfire. She fits the bill.

• Stacey says:

I would love to hear young conservative voice who really knows about issues and isn’t just parroting the other right wing talkers, perhaps Meghan McCain?

• David4 says:

I like her, even Elizabeth Cheney seems to have a brain the very few times I have seen her speak.

It amazes me that people think that because I disagree with someone I think they are stupid. I disagree with almost everyone, I hate liberals and conservatives equally, but let’s get smart people on the View and not Rosie or this Survivor moron who is famous because she smiles and is a fake blonde.

• Charissa29 says:

Do they exist? In the media, I mean?

• Gail says:

Isn’t that an oxymoron? Sorry, just kidding – I couldn’t resist! rofl

• bsota@ says:

I think that show is done.

• c.stulz says:

No, it’s because she’s a moron. Sherri “The Earth is flat” Shepherd and Jenny “Anti-vaccine” McCarthy didn’t help matters.

Hasselback is entitled to her opinions, but NOT her own facts.

The problem we’re facing in this country now is a certain percentage of the population want to live in a past that didn’t exist and fix problem by using the same methods that created those problems in the first place.

We can disagree on ideology, but that fact that she’s proven wrong on a daily basis should be a clue to her obliviousness.

• Gwen says:

Agreed! Well said!

• klynn1075 says:

Agreed. Well said C. Stulz. It is always so interesting to me when people say how bad things are now, worse then ever before. I think people have selective memories and choose to remember the past better than it really was.

• Carol says:

Anti-vaccine” McCarthy!!! She could possible be right. Drug companies can skew their studies for a profit. Accuracy of side effects are probably under-recorded. Otherwise, I can hardly hear her on The View.

• Steve Ungrey says:

Well put, Robby. Normal disagreement is healthy, but I think ABC’s trying to capture something that turned the viewers off in the first place. It’s funny how much The Talk resembles what The View used to be.

• Temperance says:

Nah, because on e agood day she manages to successfully marshal six brain cells to work with. Most days, she just parrots FOX News propaganda with nary a thought.

• MC says:

The constant “parroting” of the party line is the most annoying thing about ultra-conservatives. We used to live in a country where good ideas were accepted from either side of the aisle. Now if an idea doesn’t originate from the proper party or ideology, it must be dismissed out of hand.

• Liberals and progressives are the most intolerant people I know.

• dee says:

Because we don’t blithely sit by and swallow the absolute nonsense that your side is spouting off? When you LIE, we say so. When you are factually WRONG, we say so. When you are HYPOCRITICAL (daily basis on that one), we point it out. That does not mean we are intolerant of you, just intolerant of lies, misinformation, and hypocrisy.

• LoLo says:

Oh so you are intolerant of this myopic focused president we currently suffer under? Liberals have sat and lied numerous times to the public…”I have never had sex with that woman.” “I lost 2 years of email” “We would never use the IRS to target American Citizens. “We would never spy on Americans” So Dee…get real. Politicians LIE. All of them. Conservative and Liberal. If you think for a moment, Obama has not miscontrused the truth in order for his own gain and cover up you have done more than swallowed nonsense…you have lapped it up like milk.

• rawley says:

Nah, conservatives tend to be way more close-minded than liberals. The importance of religion to them alone is a major cause of that. I identify as a liberal leaning independent, and I’m always very interested and open minded to learning new things, hearing other points of view and reflecting on my own views. Some liberals are absolutely close-minded, but not most.

• There are plenty of intelligent conservatives. Elizabeth H. is not one of them. This has nothing to do with not liking people with whom we disagree. You are equally guilty of belittling someone who “disagree[s] with you”, so please dismount that high-horse of yours before you fall and break your neck.

• Halo says:

No not because she’s a conservative it’s because she’s a dumbass😒

• S. says:

Wow, Robby, jumping to conclusions much? You’re assuming someone who disagrees with Elisabeth would be liberal. Why can’t a conservative also find her repugnant? All conservatives have to like other conservatives? She says things that are wrong and ill-informed. Just because she says something doesn’t make it so, but good luck telling her that. Also, if someone disagrees with you because they are obviously and willfully ignorant, they deserve to be called on it. Who says David4 has a problem with people who disagree with him? You put words in his mouth, outright making up a point of view from your own defensiveness. Are you seriously going to support anybody identifying with the same alleged ideology? Not all of them are going to be as articulate as you want or as educated. If they aren’t, you can criticize them too. You don’t have to circle the wagons. A liberal person shouldn’t have to defend all liberals. Don’t put people on the defensive on behalf of everyone on their side of the political spectrum. We don’t have to be a team like in the Super Bowl. Take the person on, not the party.

• nancy says:

Why does she care about rosie or the view? For the love of god be grateful you went from a game show contestant to a network talk show host,and, let the bitterness go.

• bsota says:

It’s because she’s conservative. How dare she voice her opinion!

3. Kevin says:

I would pay money for both of these people to go away. Why people watch either of them on anything they are on is beyond me. I really do enjoy Survivor but deep down I blame that show for giving us Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Sigh.

4. Missy Kelly says:

I am happy that Elizabeth Hasselbeck has a place to call her own where no one disagrees with her.

5. NC says:

::eye roll::

6. Even more reason for me to be really happy about Rosie’s return!

• Robby Horine says:

The only entertaining thing this coming season will be the BATTLE OF THE B**CHES. Rosie vs. Whoopie.

It’ll be brutal, it’ll be insane. But it sure as heck won’t be boring.

7. Bill says:

Bill Geddie must have emailed Elizabeth taliking points last night.

8. Maggie says:

I hope Rosie O’Donnell doesn’t come back to the View. I can’t stand her and will not watch that show.

9. Karen says:

Relax Elizabeth. The View is on it’s way out. Used to enjoy. Now not sure where they are or what their purpose is. P.S. don’t care for your show either.

10. Doc Michaels says:

The View is even more irrelevant now than when O’Donnell was on the show…but at least it’ll now be an all liberal panel so they explain to us daily how the country hasn’t gone to hell since Obama was elected. Ought to be hilarious watching old bags like Whoopi and O’Donnell try to kiss the largest DNC Ass every day.

11. Margaery says:

I have never and will never watch this show. But if Elizabeth Hasslebeck hates it, I am all for it.

12. Kar says:

She’s really obsessed with Rosie if she gives her the power to ruin her vacation

• dan says:

Agreed! Don’t watch The View or Fox & Friends, but I know the history between Rosie and Elizabeth. Can’t believe that Elizabeth was so upset that she’d call in while on vacation to rant about Rosie possibly returning to The View. Clearly a producer at Fox & Friends was looking for some fireworks this morning so they had Elizabeth call in. Just stupid. Isn’t Fox & Friends supposed to be a news show or is it just a gossip site now?

13. Deb says:

I stopped watching The View because Elisabeth always came across as someone who felt her opinion mattered more than anyone else. Obviously she still feels that way.

14. Jake says:

Why does Hasselback’s opinion even matter? Why is she even famous? Oh ya, she was on a stupid reality show. Yep that makes her an expert. Go away, we don’t care what the hell you think.

15. Brigid says:

Why would she care? The show stinks and quite honestly both of these women are so far left and right, they can’t see anything rationally.

16. Dennis D. says:

who care about O’Donnell, Ahab or Japanese whalers might get her before then, as a fat person I can say that about other fat people. Anyway she’s a horrible, loud mouthed, dirty looking, train wreck of a human being. She’s like the opposite of Ellen in every way well except for he lesbian part. Ellen is entertaining and enjoyable to watch. O’Donnell makes me want to break my T.V.

17. Smooshiest says:

She’s a harpy; that she called into her own show while on her vacation to spew about this is heinous and selfish. Not too contrived on hers and Fox’s part. Boo boo.

18. ES says:

Rosie has a child who is joining the military, what has Hasselback personally sacrificed? What a hypocrite. Talk about entitled.

19. Less than Righteous Indignation says:

Could Elizabeth Hasselbeck please learn the part about silence being a virtue.

• Drew says:

That would be patience. Silence isn’t a virtue.

• In this case it would be ,being the point.

• Drew says:

Why? Patience is a virtue because it is about remaining in control of yourself and accepting that others aren’t all going to be like you. Silence doesn’t get anyone anywhere. Silence makes wrong people think that they’re right. If you think that it’s a virtue for anyone who you don’t like to just shut up, rather than have a discussion/debate on the issues, then you lack patience and their silence would do more harm than good.

• ComeOn! says:

Silence is Golden?

20. Kim R says:

In true Fox News form….all her points are made up. How embarrassing for her to have a temper tantrum in public. :)

21. Steve Sirica says:

Due to the fact that she basically has nothing to do with The View other than being an ex-host…this falls under the category of either Shut Up and/or Who Give a Crap!

22. kate says:

traditional daytime TV is in a decline. more women work/do other things, and it’s just not that interesting. that said, the continued (not so) backstage catfights in this show never fail to amuse me. hasselbeck isn’t even on the show anymore. fantastic stuff, ladies, keep it up.

23. Larc says:

I don’t know why it should matter to Elizabeth since she’s no longer a part of the show. But I can see her point. As for Rosie, there’s a got to be a reason why most of her ventures are ultimately unsuccessful. Wonder if it could be the result of her having a mouth much bigger than her brain?

24. alistaircrane says:

Elisabeth is a petty, pathetic little conservative b***h. I’m glad she’s having a public temper tantrum!

25. George says:

She seriously took time out of her vacation to comment on this?

• Ugh says:

She’s obviously obsessed with Rosie that she let someone have that kind of power over her. She should probably talk to someone about that.

26. Ugh says:

I was on the fence about the Rosie return, but since Hasselbeck is so incredibly opposed to it, I’m all on board! If she thinks it’s a bad idea, it must be absolutely genius.

27. Jimmy says:

Hasslebeck sounds pathetic and bitter. She has a a cushy job working for the GOP network so maybe she should just move on.

28. Tran says:

The View is still going from bad to worse. WAY worse. Could it be the beginning of the end for The View?

29. Jake says:

Okay here’s the problem with the view now. They went from having educated, real women on the show to entertainers and celebrities who doesn’t really have a point of view about anything. Bring back women like Lisa ling and Meredith viera. Even though I didn’t like her, star jones initially was good because she was a lawyer and that have her a unique opinion on things

30. tim says:

It,s bad enough we have to put up with one of them! now two egotistical persona’s, uhhg! no thanks

31. kb23 says:

I would love Rosie to return to The View – I haven’t watched the show more than 10 times since she left!

32. wow says:

STFU Elisabeth. Not a Rosie fan either but god Hasslebeck is a moron.

33. LM says:

No need for hyperbole in criticizing Ms. Hasselbeck, but one has to wonder why she cares? More importantly, why would someone being hired on some other network, much less another show ruin her vacation? Ms. Hasselbeck may benefit from therapy, for she appears to have serious anger issues.

34. TL says:

Oh Elizabeth…this makes you look really, really bad. I mean…seriously? Have you heard of taking the high road? You didn’t have a lot of credibility before and this certainly doesn’t help your cause.

35. Liz says:

I enjoyed both Rosie and Elizabeth on The View, I think they both had really strong opinions on subjects and I never ‘always’ agreed with one over the other. But I am pleased Rosie is back, she’s a dynamo.

36. Mary says:

I have only watched The View a few times to be honest. The original panel was the best. Never cared for Liz but I really don’t like Rosie either so needless to say I won’t be watching ever if she is on. I don’t know what happen to Rosie but she has become arrogant and rude the last few times I saw her. Heaven forbid if you disagree with her.

37. christine says:

Hasselbeck is a very ignorant person. I am not a Rosie fan but at least Rosie is not a complete moron.

38. dioxinblues says:

Egos. Nuthin’ but egos on both sides.

39. rawley says:

Ugh, Elizabitch is such a nasty human being. Why does this even affect her? It doesn’t, so who cares? You and Rosie had a political disagreement, get the f*ck over it and move on.

40. Megan says:

I’m not sure why it matters to Elisabeth. She is gone so this doesn’t affect her. Her comments about this were unnecessary and make her look very small. However, Rosie was a disaster on the show. Elisabeth being gone just means Rosie will have someone else to shout down if they disagree with her on anything. The woman is obnoxious, controlling and incapable of handling conflict like a mature adult. So as of now, the panel is someone who clearly only shows up for the check and someone who caused a lot of people to bail the first time she hosted. The phrase ‘ limping across the finish line’ comes to mind.

41. jasonboegh says:

Why on Earth you would post anything this woman says is beyond me TVLine. You can do better. Hasselback’s opinions are ridiculous anyway. And like many have mentioned, this is idle gossip. I’m disappointed with both you Ausiello and TVLine for this drivel.

42. spotteddog says:

Oh Lord, people, don’t you see? This was all drummed up to get publicity for The View, Rosie, Elizabeth, etc.. Why would Elizabeth take time from her vacation to call in on this subject? The answer is, on her own she wouldn’t !!! But the publicity ploy worked – look at all the comments for this article alone !! This has nothing to do with left, right, liberal, conservative – this is all about ratings and show biz/

• TL says:

yeah..not seeing your point of view. This makes Elizabeth look bad all around, so if she thought this was a good idea for publicity…it backfired, big time!

• S. says:

Why would she give a show she’s no longer on publicity? If anything you could accuse her of getting publicity for her show on Fox, but she really seems to have legitimate anger. Not really a surprise as she seems to feel like a victim, and that’s not really limited to her. People seem committed these days to finding something that makes them look like the good guy even when they’re the ones attacking others. It’s really a media-wide epidemic, news and social. Not everybody is out to get us without reason. Sometimes we deserve to be critiqued for something we’ve said or done. Take it on the chin, explain/defend yourself within reason, and move onward.

43. Jerry says:

Thanks for posting the news Tvline!

If Rosie comes back, I’ll watch the View again for the first time since she left! So excited…ad Elizabeth is a horrible person.

44. Chris says:

I think it’s unfortunate to refer to Hasselbeck’s comments as “borderline-embarrassing tirade”. I think she has many valid points against O’Donnell, and can’t help but feel TVLine is showing blatant and “embarrassing” favoritism. I don’t care about O’Donnell’s beliefs, politics or general point-of-view, but she has overstepped on numerous occasions, belittling others who disagree with her. Is that something anybody would care to deal with, let alone watch?

45. Fairy says:

Sour grapes much?

46. ComeOn! says:

I really don’t care their view is left or right, just someone able to articulate their views backup with reasons and logic that lead to their views without shooting.

Probably too much to ask.

47. Halo says:

Elisabeth looked like an utter fool on network tv so she ran to the adult version of Bizzaro World AKA fox

48. Sarah says:

She’s saying what most people are probably thinking…”Who actually wants Rosie back?”

49. Mark Ledoux says:

Liz, go boil your head! ;-P

50. Blue says:

It wasn’t “borderline embarrassing”. It was her opinion. And heaven forbid that a conservative woman should, gasp,have an opinion.