Ratings: Miley Concert Not So Special, Rising Star Steadies, Reckless Rises

Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour

NBC’s Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour special on Sunday night drew 2 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating, well shy of what Last Comic Standing did in the time a slot a week prior (3.4 mil/1.1).

Elsewhere on the night….

* ABC’s Wipeout (3.6 mil/1.0) fell 16 percent and two tenths, while Rising Star (4.3 mil/1.2) slipped 12 percent in audience yet stayed steady in the demo.

* Over on CBS, Big Brother (6 mil/1.8) was flat yet led the night in the demo, Reckless (4 mil/0.7) ticked up a tenth from its premiere and Unforgettable (6.1 mil/0.7) dropped two tenths from its season opener. 60 Minutes scored Sunday’s largest broadcast audience, with 8.5 million viewers.

1. Dude says:

What?! People don’t want to watch a white trash crack ho awkwardly simulate sex while lip syncing? Shocking.

• B says:

Literally everything about this comment is so baseless, hateful and unnecessary. Sex is good and, even if it wasn’t, Miley is much more than everything you just said. Get to know her

• Moment says:

The way she’s acting isn’t suitable for children, and no self respecting parent would allow their kids to watch the current Miley. While she clearly wants to move away from her Disney past, by doing so she’s left a huge chunk of her fanbase behind.

• MC says:

Beyond the trashiness of the stage act, the pro-Molly lyrics in one of her songs disturbed me when I heard them a year ago. I don’t know if she has since changed the lyrics to that song, but that would have been the right thing to do.

• dave says:

Your comment is just so weird. She spreads her legs wide simulates masturbation or actually masturbates to some extent, her outer vaginal area are being displayed from in front and behind while she spreads her legs, simulates every kind of sex act. Is that what a musical performance should be about. Especially from someone who made her fame entertaining mostly children under 12. She claims she is ‘leading the way for children” with her sexual antics. Sex is ‘good’ in a moral or pyschologically healthy way when it’s between 2 people who care about each other dummy! Not when your spreading your legs, masturbating, not wearing piece of clothing that will cover your crotch
        thedebateplace.weebly.com/

2. androme3 says:

I hope Rising Star rises (pun) next week. I think this is when the show starts to get good.

3. Gerald says:

Reckless is really good and is getting better. I hope it continues to grow an connect with audiences.

4. Amanda says:

Can we spay/neuter the 2 million who did watch that?!?

5. elaine says:

Someone would have had to pay me a lot of money to watch Miley’s concert. Ratings show people certainly do not want to watch a train wreck.

6. Gwen says:

Miley’s laughing all the way to the bank. I can’t believe there were even 2 million deluded people who had nothing better to do last night than to watch her special.

7. BrittBrat says:

I wish Wipeout would go back to the old rules for the final obstacle course. You use to have to attempt each obstacle and if you didn’t you got a time penalty. Now people just swim most of the way and still win the show. I don’t like that.

8. Bender says:

That’s two million more than I thought would watch that “concert”

9. Jules says:

Wow.. Miley’s special tanked??? color me shocked NOT! I can’t even believe they aired that trash.

10. Moment says:

She probably would have doubled that number had she not went off the rails. Her Disney fanbase likely would have tuned in, with their parents blessing had she not done what she did.

11. Sarah says:

I started watching and we switched channels, not because of the content but because it seemed poorly put together. The audio of her concerts sounded awful and they didn’t actually give much of her commentary. It was kind of boring and I know that it could have been better because the MTV documentary was good.