TVLine Items: Meet Arrow's New Count, The CW Cancels Famous and More

Arrow Peter Stormare

Arrow is breathing new life into The Count.

The CW series has tapped Prison Break alum Peter Stormare to play Werner Zytle, aka the alias of Count Vertigo in DC Comics’ New 52s, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED Arrow Season 3 Scoop: Meet Oliver’s Hong Kong Handler

Zytle replaces Seth Gabel’s Count — who was killed by Oliver last season — as the new seller of the drug Vertigo and will be the first villain that Team Arrow takes on in Season 3, premiering Oct. 8 at 8/7c.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The CW has cancelled the reality series Famous in 12, the Associated Press reports.

* Disney Channel has renewed the comedy series I Didn’t Do It for Season 2.

1. Margaret says:

Bummer that the role has to be recast (but yay for Seth’s success with Salem, he’s crazy good on that show!) Peter will definitely bring a new vibe.

2. I was hoping Count Vertigo was somehow alive(Mirakuru xD) and will return(cause Seth was insanely awesome in this role)……but Peter Stormare, that’s what I call a five-star replacement, Abruzzi will deliver for sure))

• Jess says:

Oh god no! Seth made Count Vertigo seem cartoonish, which would be okay in the 60s Batman tv show but not nowadays. He wasn’t even remotely scary and I’m so glad they killed him off. Ugh.

3. Tran says:

Don’t know if Peter Stormare is returning to The Blacklist for the upcoming second season as Berlin (scary looking Blacklister) and happy to see I Didn’t Do It getting renewed for a second season by Disney Channel. I really want to see more Olivia Holt.

4. Kristen says:

Peter Stormare is so deliciously creepy.

5. Ashley says:

This show ‘s castings are always A+.

6. Thank God, I hated Seth Gabel’s version of the Count. Honestly his death in Season 2 was to me a sign that the show was willing to deal with unwelcome leftovers from Season 1. Still not crazy about the Count just being some kind of drug dealer (not that i was expecting his exact comic counterpart to be depicted properly because it looks like the only show that will try that kind of thing is The Flash) but Gabel’s acting just felt so out of place. I appreciate hammy acting most of the time, but he just came off as annoying. It was like a kid doing a Tim Curry Impression rather than actual Tim Curry (whose hammy acting I tend to approve of).

7. Joey Padron says:

Peter will do great on Arrow. He’s good on The Blacklist and 22 Jump Street. He’s good playing villains.

8. Patrick Maloney says:

Hopefully he is more of the Count from the comic books, a more royal type, than the scrub version the talented Seth Gable was shamefully cast as.

9. Gerald says:

I’m sure he will be good, but he’s not the big bad for the season.

And can I just say I am SO happy the experiment that was Famous in 12 was cancelled. Never watched but I thought the concept was the Worst idea the CW has had and they have had some bad ideas in the past.